Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands

Russ Gaitskill

Corporate Environment in a Small Town

Franconia, NH

I worked at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMost of the people are laid back and very nice. Depending on what department you are, some of them can be really fun to work with, others can be nightmares. Nice small town setting. Professional workplace.

ConsManagement can be corporate minded and petty. I know several people who quit because of personal differences, and others that were not hired because they didn't fit the mold. Lots of brown nosing is necessary to keep your job. Wages are pitiful for the majority of the company and their belts seem to be tightening every year, even when their earnings are at record highs. Not much room for upward growth, and workers are often doing the share of two, and not being rewarded for their hard work. Classic corporate structure. They don't seem to realize that paying their lower staff decent wages would make them better workers. They are one of the few employers in this area so they have the advantage that there will always be someone to take the place of an unsatisfied worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher wages for lower tiered workers. No more company meetings where you tell everybody how many millions the company made when, in the same year, you cut their pay. Verbally letting staff know what a good job they are doing daily.

Morale is low because of horrible middle management. Sad that so many good people are lost int he shuffle

I have been working at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands full-time for more than a year

ProsWonderful location, good base network of employees.

ConsNo support from HR or middle management. Archaic corporate hierarchy.

Customer Service and Sales Professional

I worked at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands part-time

ProsFlexible, laid back, great employees

ConsManagement, Working weekends, no room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

50/50 - A different place to work.

I worked at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands

ProsMost people were great to work with and professional.

ConsSome women were not professional and made it difficult for the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was very proactive and worked very hard for success.

Worked for Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands CEO Russ Gaitskill. All reviews posted anonymously by Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands employees.