Garrett Popcorn Shops

CEO

1. Open

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Garrett Popcorn Shops (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, great family environmental feel.

Cons

Certain management styles are not always the best and if that person is favored its overlooked. And they don't pay all that way below industry standard for their positions.

Advice to Management

Select knowledgeable leaders

2. manager

I worked at Garrett Popcorn Shops full-time

Pros

Bonuses are awesome for managers and traveling to open shops are great experiences. The opportunities to grow within the company are great.

Cons

Need more work life balance and input from employees about working conditions. Better hourly wages for hourly employees. Work environment can be hostile at times.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to employees

3. employees should take responsibility

I worked at Garrett Popcorn Shops

Pros

biweekly pay
    chance of overtime

Cons

employees were lazy
    can easily get fired/laid off

5. good atmosphere but not great money wise

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Garrett Popcorn Shops part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere, fun coworkers, free popcorn, works with schedule limitations, its a pretty good place. i mean its minimum wage but its pretty relaxed

Cons

little to no mobility, no Christmas bonuses (even though that is the time that we work the hardest), it's fairly evident that upper management doesn't know or care about employees, monotonous work

6. O.K.

Former Employee - Packer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Packer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Garrett Popcorn Shops

Pros

*It was an okay job for a high schooler, but overall pretty tedious. The other employees were pretty friendly, though.

Cons

*Very monotonous work, uninteresting work, weak pay, hours were never guaranteed; I would show up some days and be told to go home.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice at all for all of you guys in leadership at Garrett Popcorn I don't think.

7. Easiest and most fun job I've held.

Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk/Cook
    Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk/Cook

I worked at Garrett Popcorn Shops full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the location of the store and whether you are a cashier/ clerk or cook. I was both. But it was such a simple job.The hours will vary depending on the location. It was fast paced, and at times a lot of work, but it should not get you overly stressed. Coworkers and employers were fun and laid back. As long as you are working, the day goes by fast. Bonuses and raises, awesome holiday parties/ recognition. The cooks listen to music which makes an even more fun environment for you and the customers. They provide you with the uniform (except for pants and shoes), which is great because you'll need a lot of those.

Cons

The heat, if the store doesn't have the ac blasting. The customers can be a pain sometimes. They also have secret shoppers, so you must be on a good behavior with everyone (which isn't bad because it's fun anyway) It can be messy, too working with popcorn. You'll have your typical days with management or coworkers or hours, it just depends. But they were very accommodating.

RSS Feed </> Embed