Gartner Reviews in Fort Myers, FL

Updated September 9, 2014
4.0

Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall
Gene Hall

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work (in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped earning potential, world travel, exciting atmosphere.

Cons

Hard to move up internally, most high level managers look outside of the company for outside sales

Move people around every 2/3 years based on personal performance. This way you'll keep your top talent eager to learn/move to the next level

Client partner or is it sales support

Former Employee - Client Partner  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Client Partner in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of professionals in this organization. Great training, however the breadth and depth of the actual job was not realized in the beginning.

Cons

Too much focus on the gartner way and not enough focus on individuality. Role perceptions between the CP and AE worlds need to be adjusted. Respect needs to be enforced. We are all qualified professionals. Too much focus on metrics cloaked with the word value. They ask us to provide value to clients but we better make sure it's shown by the metrics set in place. There has to be a middle ground. Get more anonymous feedback from your people and listen to them. Everything isn't working perfectly.

Be realistic with new hires when explaining what the job entails. Let them speak with someone who will be blunt about the job demands. Don't fluff it up the whole time. Gartner is the best ever! (says every employee in typical gartner cheer) I find this hard to believe that there are no cons to working there. I found the cons after I took a job that was nothing like the job I interviewed for but still had the same title. I felt played.

Great earning opportunity, but I couldn't imagine working there full-time and was counting down the days.

Former Employee - SMB Account Manager  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - SMB Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The internship offeres a great, competitive pay opportunity. Depending on your assigned teams, you may have the chance to learn a lot about sales in this internship, but keep your fingers crossed and don't be afraid to seek help from other people. Just make sure that the people you seek help from speak-up to your managers about you involvement.

Cons

Overall, the internship was incredibly boring, and using other managers/employees that you were not assigned to you could risk that you aren't given the thumbs-up at the end of the internship. So much for a "collaborative environment."

Overall, I felt like I was a droid, and often caught myself more interested in reading Gartner research than the actual internship. As an intern we were given a team on the vendor and end-user side, and a business development executive, and so much of your success is based on your connection with your teams/managers. Full-time employess told me that a lot depends on your managers ability to influence you, which seemed to be focused on pointless meetings.

Change assigned teams each week. Being stuck with a team that literally seems like they could care less about the interns is demoralizing. It's sad to think "this could be my team if I got the job" and not excited about the opportunity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gartner Sales

Current Employee - SMB Sales  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - SMB Sales in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company with lots of room for advancement. Good work life balance and incentive plan, nice building, etc. Collaborative environment working with talented and smart individuals.

Cons

Frat house atmosphere. Over the last few years many of the hires are people right out of school with no sales experience. People are put in to leadership positions with little training or proven record of success.

Slow down the hiring until the territories and tenure of the sales execs increase.

Account Manager SMB

Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training available. Great corporate culture with opportunity for growth. Gartner is an amazing company which offers great pay and benefits. I'd recommend other areas besides SMB however.

Cons

Management in SMB is boys club. Current Sales staff is young and inexperienced and the sales floor can have a bit of a frat house atmosphere.

Act like adults...

Great company if you get in the right territory.

Former Employee - Account Manager SMB  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training program and ongoing skills improvement opportunities. Awesome people to work with and lots of opportunity to make great money right away.

Cons

Poor territories don't allow level playing field. Recognition given by metrics only and if you do the right things and it doesn't work out, it's all your fault.

Stop hiring poor candidates just because you are growing rapidly. Adjust responsibilities due to thinned out territories.

For all appearances, this will be the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Quality of Life.
    -Intellectually stimulating work environment.
    -Room for advancement.
    -Progressive thinking.

Cons

I wish I had started sooner

Please keep up the good work.

Great place to work in FM

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

I have worked for Gartner in Ft. Myers for quit some time. The experience and training that you get is phenomenal. I have learned and developed so much in my career.

Cons

The internal growth potential still needs some development for associates that do not want to move or go into management. As this location continues to grow I would like to see additional growth opportunities added.

A place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Senior Administrator  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Administrator in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

an excellent place to learn a lot about many different aspects of the industry
    terrific benefits
    amazing associates
    Gartner strives to provide a strong, healthy workplace

Cons

keeping up with the industry changes, thus the company changes - you have to be on your toes all the time

keep focusing on building your associates and the company will become stronger and stronger

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, great pay, great benefits.

Cons

Company does not promote within company.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!