Gartner Reviews

Reset
4.0
Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall
Gene Hall

Pros
  • Work life balance is driven by the individual (in 46 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home or office (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • All consuming - work life balance non existent (in 22 reviews)

• Uninspiring leadership at middle management (in 18 reviews)

Account Exectuive

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and Career Opportunities

Cons

They forced me to type here.

2. Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

Great Community with great people.

Cons

Lots of late hours are difficult.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. Work with the creme de la creme

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with smart people who are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Sometimes Gartner thinks every role needs to be filled by "strategic and analytical people" which means there are a lot of "thinkers" but not enough "doers". Its important to have a balance between strategy and tactical.

Advice to Management

Don't trust that all important message are actually cascaded, take the time to be transparent with employees on a 1:1 level.

5. Intern at Gartner Inc.

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

I was a former intern in the summer of 2013 for 2 months and it was one of the best internships I had. My direct supervisor exposed me to different projects under various senior consultants between their 2 client offices in NYC and they all truly care for their intern's growth and success. They try to teach you as much as they can and they try to expose you to their clients. Till this day, I still keep in contact with them and they're my mentors. Pay was also pretty good. I got $15/hour and 95% of the time, you're indoors with AC. I took a lot away from this internship more than anything else.

Cons

The team in one of their client offices is a little more independent and I can tell that there isn't much chemistry between them, but they get the job done.

Advice to Management

Create more L&D courses for the employees to create better relationships with each other as a team, especially if you have to work together.

6. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Myers Shores, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Myers Shores, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, co-workers, 20 days PTO and benefits.

Cons

Fort Myers is a boring city to live in.

Advice to Management

none.

7. AMAZING

Pros

Great people with great vision

Cons

Really fast growth causes some growing pains, with opportunity

8. Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment, challenging responsibilities, lots of collaboration, continual development, great salaries and benefits

Cons

Hi demands to produce,

Stellar company

Current Employee - Executive Partner
    Current Employee - Executive Partner

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in Executive Programs (ExP) which is just one division of Gartner - so I can't speak to other areas. However, in my first year, this is what I can say: 1) Incredibly healthy work environment. My bonus is partly based on my performance and partly based on the performance of my team - so cooperation and collaboration are baked into our incentive structure. 2) They hire not only incredibly smart people, but also people with high EQs. One year in and I have not met anyone with a hidden agenda, super-sized ego, short temper, etc. They are incredibly skilled at finding people who are geared toward service and helping others - which makes for a great workforce. 3) Management is incredible. The leadership of ExP from Chris Thomas down to the Regional Vice Presidents is superlative and they are good at motivating the staff. They give us enormous latitude to service our accounts in ways that play to our individual strengths. 4) In the end, common sense wins out. While they don't always make the right decision (nobody does), they look at the data and change course when they realize they took a wrong turn. In short, we don't have people who make wrong decisions and then stick by them to protect egos. 5) Gartner has very little bureaucracy. I have worked for much smaller organizations that had far more forms and rules. So far in my career, I have have always seen a time horizon for each job. This is the first job I have ever thought, "I could retire here!" It is a job that is evergreen, always changes, keeps you on your toes, you learn something new every single day, and you end the day knowing that you made a positive difference in the lives of others.

Cons

1) ExP offers a week-long training program twice a year for new associates. This training is incredibly well done, but scratches the surface of everything we need to know. We are assigned a buddy when we are hired and the quality of your training has a lot to do with the buddy you are paired with. Mine was incredible, but different people have had different experiences. 2) This could be a "Con" for some, but in my area, that track goes: Executive Advisor (EA), Executive Partner (EP), EP VP, EP VP Team Lead, Regional Vice President (RVP), and that's the realistic end of the line. In the United States, there are five RVPs, and probably less than ten team leads. So if you are a climber, this may not be the job for you. If you are interested in a big salary and status, this may not be the job for you. But if your primary desire is to work with a incredible team and do great work, then this could be a good place.

10. Best Employment Decision I have ever made!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great! People here are amazing

Cons

360 feedback comes around indirectly

Great Company...Mediocre Management

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Right from the start you know you're a part of an organization that wants you to succeed. Your training is impeccable as well as the pay and perks that come with the role. You'll meet very important people in very important companies which will help you expand "your" brand as well as Gartner.

Cons

Beware of the smaller business units within the company, their very micromanaged and management can be redundant and not helpful. It's up to you to excel in your career and sometimes "performance" isn't a factor.

Advice to Management

Own your message. Stop saying ideas/rules are coming from the top down and your just the messenger when the message is actually coming from you. You'll get better results and earn respect.

RSS Feed </> Embed