Gartner

www.gartner.com

Gartner Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work (in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Career Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat brand, globally recognized company. Cultural experience really depends on the office...I'm sure it's great in some locations and not so great in others. If you are not in Stamford, however, you're out of the loop.

ConsHigh pressure/high quota and results driven sales organization which does not allow for use of personal style. Extremely regimented with sales territories becoming very small due to high hire rate on a global scale. Cultural experience really depends on the office...I'm sure it's great in some locations and not so great in others. If you are not in Stamford, however, you're out of the loop.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo senior sales management I would say rely less on internal personal friendships/relationships to determine whom you place in Area Manager & RVP roles and more on tenure & success at company. Internal, personal/friendships are not always the best choice based on experience with managing seasoned sales reps.

Outstanding organization

Research Director (Current Employee)

ProsAlways at the forefront of technology.
    Get to meet a lot of great people throughout the industry.
    Great benefits and compensation.
    Surrounded by some of the most experienced IT professionals in the world.
    Outstanding opportunities to get and provide feedback throughout the industry.
    Well respected company.

ConsIts a large company and changes are not made quickly.
    There is a lot of politics involved throughout the company.
    Very little advancement opportunities as many employees have been at the company for over a decade.

Decent Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

Pros- Lots of smart people
    - Flexible
    - Interesting work

ConsManagers are a mixed bag. Some good, some micro-managers, and some completely hands off and unable to make decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your employees careers and how to bring them to the next level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Developer

ProsOpportunity to move to other areas of business. Except to some groups of IT every other organization in the company have flexible work environment.

ConsNot much growth in IT business unit.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Gartner Account Management Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery positive and inclusive culture. The internship really provides insight into what an account manager does. Interns have a real opportunity to help the business. Individuals are always willing to help.

ConsThe internship involved a lot of cold calling. This IS part of the job however, and it helped build up good business acumen. Also its in Ft. Myers.

Outstanding company that is poised for continued success

Account Executive (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsWorld class services and advice for their clients
    Clients love Gartner - never had a bad client conversation
    You truly become a partner to your clients and the value is easy to measure
    Awesome global events
    Outstanding leadership at every turn
    Great culture - positive, supportive, fun and if you're not already an IT expert, you'll become one!
    Competitive compensation and benefits
    Freedom and flexibility - at least in the field
    New hire training is the best I've experienced

ConsInformation overload at times, especially for new hires or those not well seasoned in IT
    As a sales employee, the quarter to quarter focus is a challenge but that comes with the territory working for a public company.
    Internal processes can be cumbersome, but it becomes easier with time
    Advancement opportunities seemed limited due to long tenure in many areas of the company
    As a sales employee, the cycle can be long and very consultative. This was fine and expected, but if you enjoy a more transactional sales cycle, you won't be happy at Gartner.

Advice to Senior ManagementA truly outstanding company. The Gartner name is a brand that commands respect and attention by clients and prospects. Don't stray from what got you here.

Amazing learning experience.

ProsGreat atmosphere. Gartner fosters development of it's employees very well.

ConsVery competitive environment at the analyst level. Knowledge and coverage-area hording are rampant. Collaboration can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward collaboration - too many individuals are rewarded solely for their individual contributions.

Good experience

Client Partner (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGreat Brand, strategy and vision.

ConsNot all business units share the strategy and vision.

Associate Client Partner

Associate Client Partner (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsExcellent work environment, competitive salary, great incentives and working with like minded, smart individuals.

ConsBecause of the fast pace environment, there's constant change but it's a positive thing if you enjoy keeping up with IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more consistent with team processes.

HR Professional

Sourcing Manager - Americas (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGartner's willingness to encourage professionals with "no limit mindsets" makes for an amazing cultural experience. The ability to create your own destiny while working with some of the best overall talent in SWFL makes Gartner an amazing place to start, grow and finish your career.

ConsSet salary for inside sales. (However, the commission and bonus structure more than makes up for it)

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!