Gartner

Gartner Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall

Gene Hall

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance(in 40 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work(in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class(in 16 reviews)

Client Partner

Client Partner (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat company! Very positive culture and work environment. Extremely professional and welcoming. Management is very accessible and really takes care of associates, there is a lot of emphasis on professional and personal development. Extremely respectful of work/life balance, ideal company is you have a family and you are ready to challenge yourself and learn every day something new.

ConsData driven company. Hit your quota is essential for career progression and to maintain your role. Metrics really count. Numbers count more than words.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo on like this, you are extremity helpful and supportive.

I love it here!

Principal Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsPositive work environment with a lot of room for growth both in and outside your direct organization. People are willing to help you learn and happy to see you succeed. I feel valued as an employee.

ConsI really don't have any cons, I really like the company.

Best place I've ever worked

Inside Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsUncapped earning potential, world travel, exciting atmosphere.

ConsHard to move up internally, most high level managers look outside of the company for outside sales

Advice to Senior ManagementMove people around every 2/3 years based on personal performance. This way you'll keep your top talent eager to learn/move to the next level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

ProsThe people at Gartner are very clever, interesting and mostly fun. The high achievement culture means that retaining and attracting the best is a given.

ConsMost promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class. There is no place for failure here and memories can be short.

Account Manager SMB

Accpunt Manager SMB (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGood training available. Great corporate culture with opportunity for growth. Gartner is an amazing company which offers great pay and benefits. I'd recommend other areas besides SMB however.

ConsManagement in SMB is boys club. Current Sales staff is young and inexperienced and the sales floor can have a bit of a frat house atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like adults...

Gartner provides a great opportunity and sets up new hires for success.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSales Management - Positive, Encouraging, Supportive and Enthusiastic. Sales is a central organization in the business and as a result the Sales organization is a high priority in the business.

Training - After spending 17+ years in sales and participating in multiple training programs, I found the new hire training at Gartner to be one of the best I have ever been involved in. The training is well organized, impactful and I feel has prepared me for success at Gartner. The quality of the training program can be directly attributed to the strength of the training team. Instructors are recent Account Executives from the field and are dedicated to delivering the content (not part time).

People - I have found my peers to be intelligent. Furthermore, interacting with the Research Analysts provides the opportunity to engage with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

ConsThe only real downside that I anticipate so far is that there are too many opportunities and not enough time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the bar high for hiring.

My Experience has been really satisfactory

Program Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood training, company, colleagues. Chance to grow inside the area and the people is willing to listen new ideas and help other. Coaching is one of the most important elements in the company.

ConsNo Cons on this company

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Leadership

They care about their employees

Account Executive (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsUplifting management, they provide all the necessary tools for sales reps to succeed. Good morale within employees.

ConsVery expensive solutions, some clients see the value but they can't afford it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work on focusing on the employee and lead by example.

For all appearances, this will be the best company I have ever worked for.

Account Manager SMB (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

Pros-Quality of Life.
    -Intellectually stimulating work environment.
    -Room for advancement.
    -Progressive thinking.

ConsI wish I had started sooner

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up the good work.

Amazing Company, Amazing Culture, Amazing People, Tremednous Growth!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsVery smart dedicated fun friendly people. Compensation and benefits are top notch. Company culture is amazing. CEO is extremely bright. Company is growing. Unlimited growth opportunities. Gartner really truly cares about its employees.

ConsNone - except sometimes you MAY (key word MAY) have to move to take advantage of a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in the company as you have done.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!