Gartner

Gartner Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Gartner CEO and Director Gene Hall

Gene Hall

Pros
  • Pooled vacation / sick day allowance which allows for great work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Gartner employs a lot of smart people which make it an exceptional environment to learn and grow (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Talks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work (in 16 reviews)

• Most promotions are internal , which means that middle management is not always best in class (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

LOVE IT HERE

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsExcellent culture, good work-life balance, fun place to grow your career

ConsI can't think of any

Wonderful company and great IP, and great people, but culture is changing for the worst

Field Sales (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the best and brightest work here. Culture of high intelligence and innovative thinking. Great training. Effective processes. Household name, so easier time getting in the door.

ConsPTO is frowned upon in sales. Moving from a strategic company to transaction based. Territories are shrinking and earning potential decreasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't run your tenured AE's off. Realize that territories run in cycles, and some markets are emerging versus others that are mature. Let your employees work from home some and take PTO. Running people too hard and too fast burns them out.

Nice people, good work. Unfortunate, bad upper management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe work is fun and challenging. The people are too. It is a financially stable, growing company with travel opportunity.

ConsUpper management made a really bad management decision this week. This has left a bad taste in a lot of mouths (see below: Advice to Management)

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale should be considered more by management. More specifically, back in December our group was celebrated and given t-shirts in honor of reaching $200M. It was very nice to be recognized for our achievements and success. Six months later, working from home on Fridays was taken away from us with no "reason" or logic given. Is this how you treat a successful team? Why is it necessary to remove a very important "perk" from a very productive group of people? How does upper management think this will not effect morale?

A decision such as this makes me lose faith in our management team and question all decisions being made.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work in FM

Account Executive (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsI have worked for Gartner in Ft. Myers for quit some time. The experience and training that you get is phenomenal. I have learned and developed so much in my career.

ConsThe internal growth potential still needs some development for associates that do not want to move or go into management. As this location continues to grow I would like to see additional growth opportunities added.

Great Company to Work For

ProsGreat Benefits, Incentives, and Pay. Very young lively atmosphere where they encourage you to excel and improve.

ConsSales force is growing fast, so prospecting territory for new business logos is shrinking.

Fantastic people, culture, pay, perks.

ProsThe ability to work with the smartest, hardest working people in the industry.

ConsLong hours - but it comes with autonomy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're fantastic.

Awesome Company

Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGreat people to work with, great pay, great benefits.

ConsCompany does not promote within company.

Success potential - depending on the vertical market and effort expended

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsHighly visible and well regarded company
    Great annual sales trips
    Many terrific people work there

ConsTalks a good game for work-life balance, but many Account Executive jobs require round the clock work
    CEO makes a VERY healthy salary, squeezes sales people and resources beyond productivity limits
    Superior pay is based on exceeding your number
    Commissions are lower until you get closer to the goal, then they begin to approach target earnings. So, if you hit 80% of target, your pay will be more greatly impacted.
    Incredibly bad CRM

Advice to Senior ManagementAccount Executives and Executive Programs resources are pushed to their limits. Analysts are grumbling about how little time they have to actually research and write effectively. Sales force more than doubled, straining resources that were expected to just keep up and do more and more work.

Different

Program Specialist (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe best reasons to work there is the flexibility to work from home and their benefits

ConsThere isn't much of a 'training' period when hired. Hard to get a grasp as to the culture of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had one manager that was horrible but the other person that I worked for was great to work with.

Great employer with flexible working

ProsGood opportunities and a lot of movement within the company. Flexible holiday and working options.

ConsVery siloed organization, not much interaction across groups.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!