Gaston College
www.gaston.edu Dallas, NC

Gaston College Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2014
Gaston College – Lincolnton – “Price board”

Gaston College is great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, NC

I worked at Gaston College full-time

ProsGreat place to work with great coworkers

ConsNone, great place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove worker improvement process if employee gets needs improvement rating.

An Environment that grows with the news of the community.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gaston College part-time

ProsStaff support for some needed but unpopular courses made it easier to reach into the community to help small business when needed.

ConsI had no unpleasant situations while I worked as a part time Industrial and Safety Instructor.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff. You had some of the best in the area working for you.

Part Time Instructor in General Education

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
Dallas, NC

I have been working at Gaston College

ProsIt's a collaborative environment. Everyone seems focused on educating our students, rather than packing them in like sardines. Although I am part time, I feel valued for my contribution. The students are, for the most part, respectful and attentive. I've been very happy at Gaston.

ConsThe administrative work required of classroom teachers is a lot, but I think it has more to do with accredidation than anything. The pay is not good. It's hard to put in as much work as is required and get so little in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, continue doing what you are doing. Keep the focus on educating students at all levels, and providing access to services to all students. Consider keeping some support areas open after 5pm and on weekends, so students who work full time can access them.

Worked for Gaston College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gaston College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Gaston College employees.