Gate 1 Travel

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Danny Pipano

Fast paced and very challenging business environment

Managing Director (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsAlways one step ahead of competition, very hi tech oriented, casual atmosphere, aggressive marketing,
    results oriented, pay based on performance, high bonuses for high producers

ConsVery high pressure, many last minute deadlines

Advice to Senior Managementstop and smell the roses every now and then

Good experience

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsVery laid back atmosphere, everyone is very nice, opportunities to travel, ability to move to other departments

Consrude customers, had to work a lot of weekends

Reservation Sales Agent

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere, benefits, complimentary travel

Conshourly + commission, little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more advancement opportunities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as bad as the other reviews make it out to be.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsPay is pretty good. Employees are very willing to help and for the most part very friendly. The president is always in the office which is very rare to find. Good start off job. Company partys at the end of the year. Pretty good discounts on travel. Work schedule is flexible and OT is offered if you want it. Overall good team work.

ConsStressful. A lot of rude customers. In RES you are on the phones or emailing all day long with only a few short breaks. IT is slow and drags A LOT and training is not long enough in order to do the job correctly!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementwork on the IT issues because it slows down phone calls and frustrates both employees as well as customers. Give longer lunch breaks (maybe 40 mins versus 30) because it gives you very little time to actually breathe. Also, extend training program a little bit longer in order to get a better hang of computer systems.

Okay for short-term, but not for long-term

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsAgents can maintain a flexible schedule and some even work from home. Informal work environment and Christmas bonuses when the company does well.

ConsLittle training provided, no professional development, and management is sometimes disrespectful to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more time and energy into the people you hire and let them know when they do a good job, not just when they do a bad job

do an overhaul of management and it may get better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood commission pay, general benefits are ok, yearly bonus if company does well

Consmicro management, felt disrespected by the owner on multiple occasions, no real travel perks, no real training or information updates on the products, customer care is joke. if you're not "in the family" then your not valued as an employee.

Advice to Senior Managementstop micro managing or maybe change management and maybe your company would stop being a revolving door.

Stressful

Entry Level Travel Position (Former Employee)

ProsA small stepping stone job.

ConsBad pay, stressful, high turnover rate, awful IT system. Did not see any room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees.

Worked for Gate 1 Travel? Contribute to the Community!