Gatti's Pizza

Updated December 19, 2014
2.7

Michael J Mrlik
1 Rating

It's a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Campbellsville, KY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Campbellsville, KY

I worked at Gatti's Pizza

Pros

its a great start up job, friendly staff

Cons

the hours go from 17 a week to 30 a week back to 17 a week

N/A

Enter at own risk

Former Employee - Game Room Manager in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Game Room Manager in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Gatti's Pizza full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Managed game room so I didnt have to deal w/kitchen. Was treated well by GM. Game room staff was great and worked hard for me.

Cons

retention is awful from top to bottom. Management felt best form of management was by intimidation. As I said, I was treated well and was given some freedom to do my job. Pay was weak and raises did not happen. Management had to work 6 days a week for 50 hrs per week.

Honor your benefit offers.

Fun job, fun crew, bad money

I have been working at Gatti's Pizza

Pros

I love the people I worked. I managed the game room and that was so much fun. I really enjoyed working.

Cons

Crappy management. Worked there for 2 years, stayed at minimum wage, was promoted to manager of game room and still made minimum wage. Was promised a raise, didn't receive it.

Give a raise where it's due. If they don't deserve a managers paycheck, they don't need to be a manager.

Until now, satisfied, currently extremely disappointed and disillusioned.

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Austin, TX

I worked at Gatti's Pizza part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job is not bad, this is a review of company practices.

Cons

Culture? This is the problem.
    Gatti's has a reward system in place called Youearnedit . Now, the only rewards people seem to get are the instantly downloadable ones, or ones that you get a link to in your email. This is great! Yet, the ones that have to be delivered never seem to make it. I am not the only one who has ordered a gift card but has not received it.. and they say it's because I do not work there anymore.. what is the excuse for the others?

I gave Gatti's SIX WEEKS VERBAL NOTICE that I was leaving, and TWO WEEKS WRITTEN NOTICE (sorry about the caps, I cannot seem to bold and italicize) when I knew the exact date. I worked in a store that had no GM for 8 of the 11 months I worked there, I came to work, I did my job, I got my employees to participate in Gatti's CULTURE to no avail... Gatti's defecates on anyone who participates by showing them that they, after all, do NOT matter. My team did this for me because they respected me... Gatti's spits on them for their trouble.

I am not a disgruntled former employee, though I feel quite disgruntled at the moment. When I left Gatti's employ, I had been approved for a gift card. I still have not received it, and it was approved on 5/28/14. I called the area supervisor for the Kash franchise several weeks ago, texted as well, and was told I could try to make arrangements to pick up the card from the office when I was in town, but I was not able to get in touch with anyone at that time, past office hours I believe, though I really don't recall as I was not worried at the time that I would have it taken from me.

Fast forward several weeks later, and several phone calls that were not returned, being told I would have to get the GM to pick it up and bring it to the store, to today... I was just informed a couple hours ago that since I no longer work for Gatti's I am not eligible for the card THAT I WAS APPROVED FOR AND TOLD SEVERAL TIMES I WOULD/COULD GET.
    This company has lied to me many times. This is just the final straw, and people need to know that if you work here, expect to be lied to and cheated out of anything they promise you. This reward system, YOUEARNEDIT is an Austin based company, and I have told them the situation, they say the are not responsible and can do nothing... who is... and who can?

The sad thing is, I liked my job at Gatti's and was sad to leave. Now I wonder if I took too long to get out.

Delivery Driver Austin, Texas

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Gatti's Pizza part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not too busy, good tips, compensation for mileage per delivery, time spent in car is nice. with tips and gas compensation, pay would come out to about $13-14/hr.

Cons

just working the closing shift and minimum wage. oh and wear and tear on vehicle.

Have more employees working for the busy times.

I have been working at Gatti's Pizza

Pros

Pretty easy work. Great pay for drivers

Cons

increasing work labor for same pay

I worked while I was attending college, and it was a busy, but fun job.

Current Employee - Game Room Assistant Manager/Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Game Room Assistant Manager/Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gatti's Pizza full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were nice, and job was rewarding by helping children.

Cons

Not much pay for supervisor/management position

Pay more to the more qualified managers

Worst Pizza in town

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Gatti's Pizza full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None Horrible to work for

Cons

They don't care for there peoples needs

Change the whole upper management to save an Austin Icon

Long hours and low pay

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier

I worked at Gatti's Pizza part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job is good for if you are a people person.The employees and customers make this job worth while. Hard working Management work stations through the rush. Hours are flexible if you are in school, management works around school schedule.

Cons

Management always under pressure to make labor and food cost therefore are expected to work stations through the rush. You sometimes have to work short-handed. Definitely need to be able to multitask.

Keep up the good job.

Fun easy money

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Gatti's Pizza full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at gattis is a really fun experience. there are little to no previous work experiences required and the pay is very good for someone who is just starting out.

Cons

some customers can be very frustrating and fellow employees tend to be very young. hours are not reliable and late nights are almost always required.