Gecko Hospitality Reviews

exective chef

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Smyrna, GA

I worked at Gecko Hospitality

Pros

very talented chef looking for a place to expand my skills

Cons

lost employment due to restaurant closing

Advice to Management

see resume'

LOVE MY JOB!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am self employed and can work from anywhere! Money is typically great!

Cons

Self employment taxes are terrible, but I guess that's the price you pay for freedom! Lack of health insurance.

Advice to Management

From my experience so far, management is doing very well. :)

Restaurant Recruiter

Current Employee - Restaurant Recruiter in Chalfont, PA
    Current Employee - Restaurant Recruiter in Chalfont, PA

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its the best job for someone with a restaurant background. The hours are incredible and no more weird shift work. Work when everyone else does and have off on the weekends. My quality of life is INCREDIBLE and my Boss is AMAZING!!! I couldn't ask for a better job.

Cons

The first placements are always the hardest so be sure before you start this job, you squirrel some $$ to last you a few months. You are in control of your own destiny. The harder you work the greater the rewards. The connections you make are everlasting and can either make or break your future.

5. Senior Support Specialist

Current Employee - Senior Support Specialist in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Support Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality

Pros

I have been working at Gecko's Corporate Office for over a year. I love the open communication between the Franchisees, Recruiters and Support Staff. Everyone always seem happy to go out of there way to help each other out!

Cons

The only Con that I have is that I did not find Gecko Hospitality sooner in my career!

6. Great Recruiter Training Program

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gecko Hospitality has a great training program for all incoming recruiters and the franchisee's WANT us to be successful

Cons

I should have thought of joining Gecko 10 years ago!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great open door policy and making your people feel important

Fantastic Company! Hard work, but well worth it!

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Franchise Partners! Very helpful! My Franchise Partner is great at developing recruiters and is dedicated to my success. All of the recruiters that I work with are fantastic! Great quality of life! Work from home! I couldn't be happier.

Cons

It's tough starting out. No salary or benefits. Commission only! Be prepared to wait three or four months before you get your first commission check. Its not a shock to a new recruiter. Your Franchise Partner will tell you from the beginning. It takes patience and hard work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Management Recruiter

Current Employee - Management Recruiter
    Current Employee - Management Recruiter

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time

Pros

You are in control of your own destiny. It is a great entry level sales job and gives you open job boards to start working from day one. Depending on the office you can have a very flexible schedule. If you have been in the restaurant industry it is a great way to transition your knowledge in to another category outside of management.

Cons

It is 100% commission based and there are no benefits. Be prepared for the ups and downs of not having a steady paycheck.

Best Job Ever!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Gecko for just under 2 years and I love it! My franchisee/boss is amazing. She is generous, dedicates a lot of time to my personal and professional development and genuinely wants our whole team to be happy and successful. I have had success in other careers but this is still the most money that I have ever made. Plus its a fast paced and fun job! It takes dedication and focus but its very rewarding! I have also met some really great and knowledgeable people. My "neighbors" (the partners who border the states that I work in) are awesome people who are also great to work with.

Cons

I think that you have to have the right attitude and understanding of this business. Working from home can be a challenge- there is a lot of temptation and distraction. But for someone who can focus it can offer a level of freedom that other jobs can never match. Recruiting in general is also all about attitude! Candidates that we think are great might get rejected, people might walk off of jobs their first week- things like that happen in every industry that you recruit in, that is part of the business. If you are a person who is able to move forward and brush it off and know that the next candidate could not only be amazing and a great fit for your client but also someone that you help by putting them into a job that they love then this is a great position to be in!

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome...I love some of the new team building and camaraderie activities that are happening right now. I love the idea of having connections throughout the Gecko nation!

Meh

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's all virtual - if that's what you like. You have to be disciplined to do that though. You only recruit in hospitality. It's all 1099 so you work when you want. If you're not working though, you're not getting paid. There are zero benefits or 401K. They use job boards to source candidates and also do some advertising to help get candidate flow.

Cons

Tons of stuff. You pay well over half of your commission to the house. Commissions aren't very much anyway so you have to work on volume which can be difficult getting started. Cash flow is very up and down. And at first, you wait a really long time to get paid. Must have money in the bank while you ramp up. It's all hospitality recruiting and there are a lot of replacements. The company has no benefits or retirement plan. It's like working for yourself except you give a lot of your money away. Most of the recruiters came from restaurant operations and don't know much about the recruitment business.

Advice to Management

People in management paid for the franchise. Some are good managers, some are not. My opinion is that for the most part, Gecko Franchise Managers are greedy and make a fat living off of their hard-working Recruiters' backs. How often do you want to replace your recruiters? If not often, you should treat them better.

Gecko is the BEST by far!!!

Current Employee - Franchise Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Franchise Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gecko Hospitality is the leader in the restaurant industry in management recruiting, The highest standards, integrity and ethics are part of the culture. All are former long time restaurant people representing restaurant managers into restaurant companies. A combination for success!!! Corporate office support is excellent and the innovations keep Gecko ahead of the rest of the competition.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company. It really is a good company to be associated with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

RSS Feed </> Embed