Geisinger Health Plan

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Duane E. Davis, MD

Great working environment, friendly faces, many opportunities for advancement!

Actuarial Informatics (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsExcellent benefits, love to hire/promote from within organization, amazing bonuses and incentive pays!

ConsWork-life balance can be a challenge. Naturally, depends on seasonality and workload.

Things are looking bad at the moment.

ProsGreat atmosphere with people always willing to help out in times of need. Culture of willingness to adapt in an ever changing industry.

ConsUpper management not communicating well to the staff amidst a hiring freeze. Meetings that discuss poor performance as a health plan but no clear vision for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate fear of big changes or layoffs by laying out a strategy to deal with changes in healthcare as well as with the company.

Geisinger Health Plan is a organization focused on doing what is best for its members/patients.

Government Programs (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsThe best thing about working at Geisinger is that you are surrounded by smart people all working together toward one common goal.

ConsWhat is most challenging is moving the companies focus to one that has a more balanced business objective focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to focus on the bottom line and not be distracted with projects that ultimately drain our resources and capital.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job, out of school, but not a career position.

Broker Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsSet schedule allows work/life balance

ConsNo room for growth, managers do not encourage your advancement or pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers can be childish/clicky

good people poor management

Project Manager (Former Employee) Danville, PA

ProsThe people are great and very hard working. Most take a pride in their work. Hopefully the new IT VP will recognize the potential and clean house.

ConsPoor management especially at the Director level. Culture not friendly to change. Not a good place for consultants. Consultants are treated like second hand citizens. What ever you do do not question the old guard. Consultants are placed based on the firm and not qualifications. Some departments are not open to all nationalities,,,,IT QA. Project managment office poorly manage and is based on loyality (brown nosers) and not performance. BA management one of the worst encountered even through they have some excellent BA's. They like Project managers just don't stay long. atleast 7 project mangers left in the past 7 months. Great place for an employee bad place for a consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the Project management department. Replace the old guard that inhibits growth. other wise don't change a thing.

No orientation, no rules, no help

Case Manager (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsGood healthcare, nothing else to say

ConsPoor management, poor orientation, no communication, they make up the rules as they go.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of people who aren't doing any work. Take away everybody's cell phones. Construct a sensible intelligent orientation program.

Excellent company to work for

Analyst (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsRespect the employees, cares about peopel, work-life balance

ConsCannot provide a worldwide platform

Great times at GHP

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly Environment
    Small Team
    Good workers
    Fair Assessments

ConsTown is too small
    Received little guidance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Great place to work

RN Case Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is well positioned for the upcoming changes in healthcare. The field I'm in will explode in coming years, as tighter patient management will be needed with healthcare reform. The work is constantly changing, but this is out of necessity. I'm treated as a professional, rather than a number, and have fairly wide latitude to do my job as I see fit i.e. I'm not micromanaged. There is a high sense of pride amongst my co workers, which makes coming to work much easier.

ConsThe company has high expectations, which may be a con for some people (although not for me). However, I look at it as job security. If everyone becomes complacent, they run the risk of the company failing, and thus losing their job .

Geisinger Health Plan Internship

Marketing and Sales Intern (Current Employee)

ProsI can get school work done while at work

ConsThey tend to neglect you the longer you stay there as an intern

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for continual and meaningful growth for

Worked for Geisinger Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!