Geisinger Health System

Geisinger Health System Reviews in Danville, PA

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Geisinger Health System President and CEO Glenn D. Steele Jr.

Glenn D. Steele Jr.

Pros
  • Good Pay - best pay in the area (in 4 reviews)

• The best part of being here is simply job security, health benefits at a cheap cost and retirement (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A disjoint between upper management and everyone else, despite management's efforts (in 3 reviews)

• The current hiring freeze has hit myself and fellow graduate nurses hard (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights
30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Geisinger is a great hospital system to work for.

Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsGeisinger is a large hospital system and has many areas in which a person can work in. From nursing to research there really is a job for everyone here. The benefits and compensation are good and there is always room to move around and/or to advance within.

ConsThe challenges of working here is the growth of the company which is moving 10 times faster than the people working here. Geisinger has taken over many hospitals within the past two years and the continued growth means, the need for more office space and work space.

I didn't enjoy my time at Geisinger

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Danville, PA

ProsMost of your coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with

ConsManagement isn't great. There is little training on how to do your job, and it was often difficult to figure out what I was supposed to do. Just not a proper amount of communication about what was expected of me. Since the work isn't lab-oriented, it isn't really valuable as a stepping stone to a better job either.

Graduated Nursing School at the Wrong Time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsManagement always treats me well and tons of opportunity here.

ConsThe current hiring freeze has hit myself and fellow graduate nurses hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can understand cutting back on almost any job category except nursing! Many people I have spoken with are very dissatisfied with current changes and are already looking around for new jobs at other hospitals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very pleased working Geisinger

Workstation Analyst (Former Employee) Danville, PA

ProsI was part of a great team and we worked as such. The supervisor was very supported and interested in seeming his team members develop professionally

ConsIt was located in rural Pennsylvania

Many opportunities for advancement in various areas

Radiology (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsConstantly growing and keeping up with new technology.

ConsCould get quite challenging. Must be good at multi-tasking.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose site of your current employees when you are growing larger. They are the foundation behind your success.

An Unexpected Healthcare Gem

Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsAn organization-wide focus on using data from research and experience to provide the best possible patient care. Great support for people who want to grow in their field. Opportunities in all aspects of healthcare, with motivated colleagues from around the world.

ConsThere is intensifying pressure to find ways to do more with less resources, both from a culture of continuous improvement and from a marketplace heavily influenced by one consumer that is less able to pay for requested services each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep engaging the knowledge, insights, and ideas of the excellent people delivering great care at every level of the system.

I love going to work every day

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsMany benefits, an excellent work environment. Geisinger provides many wellness opportunities for employees.

ConsThere are no cons to working at Geisinger.

A robust and meaningful spiritual care learning environment.

Chaplain-Resident (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsTradition of chaplaincy and spiritual care stretching back decades. Chaplains integrated with healthcare throughout the hospital. Opportunity to learn in classroom and in practice from experienced professionals.

ConsNot much social life in North Central PA. Culturally about 20 years behind the rest of the US (though I guess that could be a pro as well in some ways)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep engaging the treasure-trove of ideas and ability of the many people who make the Geisinger System go. They are the real strength of this system that continues to evolve new ways of bringing great affordable health care to a rural area.

overview of the it department

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Danville, PA

ProsGood Pay - best pay in the area

ConsManagement questionable decisions and promotions

Geisinger is a great place to work!

Intern (Former Employee) Danville, PA

ProsEverybody feels like they make an impact on the patient, not just the physician and nurses

ConsPay is low, but living in Danville is cheap so it's not terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Worked for Geisinger Health System? Contribute to the Community!