www.gellerco.com

3.3

Martin J. Geller

Intern

I have been working at Geller & Company as an intern

Pros

I could talk for hours about how much I love working at Geller & Company. My experience has been absolutely incredible. The people here are amazing, they genuinely take an interest in you and really make the effort to get to know you as a person. I'm an intern but everyone here treats me like a regular employee. They respect my opinions, listen to my ideas, and give me real and meaningful work to do. I truly love coming into work every day, and that's a rarity.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any... they are extremely flexible with time off, offer amazing benefits and great compensation.

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

Geller & Company

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Challenging work environment. Opportunities for advancement. The flat organization can lead to excellent exposure with top senior management.

Cons

Flat organization, no promotion/track or structure. You will have a difficult time ascertaining what you goals to achieve to get ahead, and if you do, you will have no idea what the job title/salary increase entails. Difficult to get promoted without job hopping. Project management is often very helter skelter...you may be sidetracked from your day to day "job" for days/weeks and then dinged for it in your review.

Be better at setting goals and helping non-executive Geller employees achieve them

Good pay and benefits, bad culture

I worked at Geller & Company

Pros

Interesting clients and hardworking culture

Cons

Workers underappreciated and not treated in a respectful manner

Eh

I worked at Geller & Company as an intern

Pros

The cafe was nice. That's about all.

Cons

You can tell in their hiring practice that the teams try to take advantage of low wage labor. My fellow intern and I were working on analyst level things, while they hired an analyst who didn't know a thing she was doing. Pretty sure they low-balled her on the pay because they could get away with it.

Work on hiring competent people

keep your head low and under radar!

Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Geller & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have the money to give you! If you do a good job and know how to speak up they will throw you money! Be ready with a backup plan ( Job ) just in case. I received 3 big bumps in pay telling them i was leaving, but i had something to fall back on, just in case! The benefits were good when I was there, I know they were working on changing them as I left.

Cons

if you are a person that likes to just come to work and be a robot then this place is good. If you are creative, can speak up, and can shine then be very careful. There is always someone you will get upset by shining yourself. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, have all of your conversations in email and NEVER act comfortable with people here. I suggest using sub folders for any manager you speak with. Unfortunately upper management does not know what goes on. Although the owner is in fact a genuine person and does care about his people, he is way too busy being the head of the company as it should be. His trusted HR dept is another thing. They will do their best to keep you hidden and make sure you do not reach his ear. Again have everything in email as proof. Or just keep your head low and be a robot.

Work on building a staff you can see staying with you for years. If you notice over the past decade there have been fewer and fewer people that make those 5 and 10 year milestones !

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Geller & Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good, the cafe is awesome and most of the people here are very nice.

Cons

Not much from my experience

Could start an intern rotational program which would be helpful for the interns and probably to the company also.

Great Community, Great Culture

I have been working at Geller & Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern here, the community has been great. From day one, my team has welcomed me and has given me real hands-on experience. Interns are not just given busy work, they are given meaningful work that prepares them for the business world. Interns are given projects that require them to use critical thinking, and make decisions that matter. You really own your work here. I've had a great experience here, and it is an outstanding place to learn.

Cons

Work is not easy, and there is a lot of responsibility given to you quickly. This is not necessarily a con, but a challenge.

Geller is a challenging but rewarding work environment.

Former Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Geller & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is no limit to what you can learn if you apply yourself.

Cons

It's a flat organization little room for upward advancement.

Develop career paths.

Great opportunity!

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at Geller & Company (more than 3 years)

Pros

My position was unique there in where I worked and my exposure. It was an all around amazing experience personally and professionally. While not easy, I grew tremendously while being able to contribute.

It's a very hands-on environment. Be willing to roll up your sleeves.

Great benefits

Entrepreneurial environment

Advice to those considering a career there would be to have or want to develop a level of self-awareness, be open to change, and always be accountable for what you do. If not, you won't succeed.

Cons

Hours can be challenging at times but the results are worth it.

NOTE: Despite what others might think, upper management and executives are open to change and feedback from within the ranks. Those who speak up will do well. Those who don't will fail.

Decent overall working environment

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Out of this world benefits, competitive compensation, very decent people, upscale food pantry (free), excellent help desk group, nice building.

Cons

There is a formal dress code policy that was implemented a few years ago (used to be business casual). Can be a high pressure atmosphere.