Geller & Company Reviews

1. Great people, great culture, great place to work

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Geller & Company

Pros

I was hired as an intern and so far, the experience has surpassed expectations. If you're looking for a company with a great culture, Geller has a fantastic one. Not only are the people are incredibly kind and warm, they are so open and willing to help you learn and contribute. It's truly a superb learning experience and provides great exposure for me as an intern.

Cons

Sometimes the projects become tedious, but once you get the hang of it then most likely the process will turnover faster.

2. Administrative assistant

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time

Pros

Mostly Great people, great benefits, could have great working environment depending on what department you are working in and for.

Cons

Mostly great people. Executive admin team very clique oriented. Which applies to some executives as well. In my department complete lack of organization. Too much socializing and not enough prospecting for clients.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people especially when several in your department voice the same concern/complaint. Don't advertise transparency and then blatantly lie.

Hard work and no play

I worked at Geller & Company

Pros

Good pay, great benefits,nice offices. Some of the people are really helpful and you can make good friends.

Cons

Hours are very long all year round because they are inadequately staffed for the work that needs to get done.
    A lot of improvements could be made but the people working there are not really interested in learning
    Leadership keeps changing from year to year

Advice to Management

Management is tough and unfriendly which makes it hard to feel comfortable asking questions.

5. Solid place to work for experienced hires

I worked at Geller & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For experienced hires, Geller provides a lot of interesting projects tailored to each client. Client managers appeared to remain excited and engaged by every new project.

Cons

Inexperienced hires (right out of college) don't have a lot of opportunity to move up the ranks in tax and cash management services.

6. Geller & Company

I have been working at Geller & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Challenging work environment. Opportunities for advancement. The flat organization can lead to excellent exposure with top senior management.

Cons

Flat organization, no promotion/track or structure. You will have a difficult time ascertaining what you goals to achieve to get ahead, and if you do, you will have no idea what the job title/salary increase entails. Difficult to get promoted without job hopping. Project management is often very helter skelter...you may be sidetracked from your day to day "job" for days/weeks and then dinged for it in your review.

Advice to Management

Be better at setting goals and helping non-executive Geller employees achieve them

7. Intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Geller & Company as an intern

Pros

I could talk for hours about how much I love working at Geller & Company. My experience has been absolutely incredible. The people here are amazing, they genuinely take an interest in you and really make the effort to get to know you as a person. I'm an intern but everyone here treats me like a regular employee. They respect my opinions, listen to my ideas, and give me real and meaningful work to do. I truly love coming into work every day, and that's a rarity.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any... they are extremely flexible with time off, offer amazing benefits and great compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

Good pay and benefits, bad culture

I worked at Geller & Company

Pros

Interesting clients and hardworking culture

Cons

Workers underappreciated and not treated in a respectful manner

9. Eh

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Geller & Company as an intern

Pros

The cafe was nice. That's about all.

Cons

You can tell in their hiring practice that the teams try to take advantage of low wage labor. My fellow intern and I were working on analyst level things, while they hired an analyst who didn't know a thing she was doing. Pretty sure they low-balled her on the pay because they could get away with it.

Advice to Management

Work on hiring competent people

keep your head low and under radar!

Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Geller & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have the money to give you! If you do a good job and know how to speak up they will throw you money! Be ready with a backup plan ( Job ) just in case. I received 3 big bumps in pay telling them i was leaving, but i had something to fall back on, just in case! The benefits were good when I was there, I know they were working on changing them as I left.

Cons

if you are a person that likes to just come to work and be a robot then this place is good. If you are creative, can speak up, and can shine then be very careful. There is always someone you will get upset by shining yourself. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, have all of your conversations in email and NEVER act comfortable with people here. I suggest using sub folders for any manager you speak with. Unfortunately upper management does not know what goes on. Although the owner is in fact a genuine person and does care about his people, he is way too busy being the head of the company as it should be. His trusted HR dept is another thing. They will do their best to keep you hidden and make sure you do not reach his ear. Again have everything in email as proof. Or just keep your head low and be a robot.

Advice to Management

Work on building a staff you can see staying with you for years. If you notice over the past decade there have been fewer and fewer people that make those 5 and 10 year milestones !

Intern

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Geller & Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good, the cafe is awesome and most of the people here are very nice.

Cons

Not much from my experience

Advice to Management

Could start an intern rotational program which would be helpful for the interns and probably to the company also.