Gem City Marketing Reviews

Eric Forrestal

Great Opportunity for Growth

Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager Position in Miamisburg, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager Position in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at Gem City Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. It's a very energetic environment and always exciting in the office. Everyone who works at Gem City are friendly people and they are always willing to help each other. There is paid training to teach you what you need to know. The boss is always there for you if you need any help or if you have any questions. Definitely a great place to work and grow in a business. The opportunity to grow as an individual and advance in the company are very high.

Cons

time management is key to this business

This place is a joke

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Gem City Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are very nice people there

Cons

Everyone is promoted in a week although there is no pay increase, you train but do not get paid off you do not complete the training. There is a team night every week where you go drink with the entire office, that is great for young people which is pretty much everyone in the office but not for adults who have families. You pay for your own gas with no reimbursement at all plus use your own car to go to neighborhoods and get sales. Some weeks what you receive in pay is what you spend in gas that month. The fact that the same speech of promotion opportunity and how good you are doing is given literally to everyone at some point by the charismatic president should tell everyone you will go no where inear this job except into debt. Trust me work somewhere else.

The opportunity is not there, they say it is but the problem is its almost like a pyramid system but disguised as something else. Worked there for almost a year and the turn over rate is huge. They will tell you this review is a disgruntled employee who couldn't hack it but believe me I hacked it and used their system but I had enough when my life and finances took a major hit even if I made 800 one week the next week I could make 300 and it fluctuates every week and they feed you the line of use the system and you won't have that problem. DO NOT WORK HERE

Gem City Marketing Response

Oct 20, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all feedback on ways to improve our business. A lot of what is said is very accurate however feel that the meaning of our business and culture is not ... More

The company is an opportunity to not only grow as a person, but also to grow very rapidly in the company itself.

Current Employee - Leading Solutions Provider in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Leading Solutions Provider in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Gem City Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Self-growth, work atmosphere/environment, team relationships, boss-employee relationships, life changing customer experiences, rapid open ended growth through the business, compensation, opportunity, fun office games, fun office nights, always learning, always teaching, fun business trips, fun conferences, I am my own boss and it is all up to me.

Cons

Hours, struggle to find work/balance, a bad week in life CAN be a bad week at work.

More structured/rigid, whilst maintaining understanding, time-off policy.

Best Opportunity Ever!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Gem City Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people there are the best!! They are fun to be around, they work hard, and make you feel welcome on your first day. It is the first job where I get back exactly what I put in. All the training is in house, so whether you have experience or not, they will work and develop you into a master of your craft. It has a lot of great growth opportunities so I will never become stagnant. Everyone is there to help and work together. Work Hard Play Hard is what we always say! Best workplace ever!

Cons

The only bad thing about this company is that I didn't find it 5 years ago!

Keep doing what your doing, its great that you view us all as people, not just numbers. I love the personal interaction with you all no matter how high up you are.