Gemini Systems Reviews

Simon Leung

1. Excited About The Future

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Gemini Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm relatively new to the company. So far I'm very happy. Everyone at the company is very relaxed and very easy going. Management is very interested in your personal development and personal growth. I've been taken aside by every executive at some point this year and asked if I was happy and what they can do to make me happier. Unlike some consulting firms, there is no pressure to be constantly billable. If you're on the bench, it’s not that big a deal here and you get to focus on either training, pre-sales or growing the company. The company was recently purchased by Essextec and this looks to be great for employees. Management at Essextec seems to have the same attitude as current management plus, as part of the purchase, they are turning the company into an employee owned company and giving us all shares. Other pros: Benefits are pretty good and salary is great. Everyone is pretty smart and reliable. I feel like I'm making an impact to the bottom line I'm given the freedom and flexibility to build my own team People respect my opinion Founder is very generous Good hours and work/life balance

Cons

Not alot of cons. The only ones I can think of are: The higher level management structure is confusing No 401K matching No annual performance reviews (Some might consider this a pro, I consider it a con as I think they are valuable)

Advice to Management

I think, in general, things are going in the right direction and I'm excited to see what happens with the merger with Essextec. The only advice I might give is to tighten up the management structure so that employees know who they are ultimately responsible to.

2. Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Gemini Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall they are a good company to work for. They have good benefits and a friendly environment. Gemini is also a very family oriented company, which is nice.

Cons

There wasn't much room for promotion, and I was getting underpaid.

Advice to Management

Provide more room for promotion, otherwise I had no issue with the management.

3. good company to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Gemini Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

give enough time for training

Cons

no clear direction; hard to get promotion

A nice company to get your feet wet

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Gemini Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has a good list of clients that allow you to start to get your feet wet in working in the financial sector

Cons

The size of the company and the lack of proper management structure kills the flow of the company. Some of the senior managers have not had positions outside of Gemini and do not know what is happening in the world outside of their sector and what they believe is right.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your staff, instead of constantly degrading them, pitting them against each other, the management should be looking at energizing the teams internally to want to work on advancing the companies goal.

6. Somewhat disorganized.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Gemini Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked there for many years when the company was a lot smaller. The synergy was great and everyone were treated as family. Weekly meetings were required and welcomed. Keeps everyone informed to what was happening in and out of the company. CEO/Owner was approachable and encouraged personal growth for the employees. Salary was acceptable but bonuses were sparse specially after 9/11 when all bonuses and salary increase were put on hold for many years. Employees/consultants hired by Gemini were usually pretty smart.

Cons

Then came a few employees who made the headquarters their home. When asked what they're working on, the usual answer was one project that never quite made it out in the real world. Management became disorganized and many layers were created between the employees and the CEO/Owner. Cliques were formed and covered their own backs. Not even sure if the owner was quite aware of what was happening during that time period. There were even 2 CTOs at one and both worked at the main office. Each has his own group of closely knit people. I've seen loyal employees who were laid off or left because they weren't included in the cliques. The family oriented company that I once loved became a broken family.

Advice to Management

Shed some of the layers that formed around the owner and his most loyal employees. Promote from within and not hire from the outside. Continue to build your current employees instead of readily looking to hire somewhere else.

Operationally focused- not sales focused.

Former Employee - Client Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Gemini Systems

Pros

Company culture treat like part of the family. Smart people, good quality project delivery

Cons

Barriers to communication very high, shortage of pre-sales resources

Advice to Management

The sales process needs to be fixed.

RSS Feed </> Embed