Gen110

www.gen110.com

Gen110 Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Jason Brown

Decent, but pay is not worth it

Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros-Great, supportive environment.
    -Incredibly friendly managers and team members
    -Strong emphasis on keeping positive to counter all the negativity from homeowners.
    -Stay in shape while working
    -Don't need to transport yourself to location, just to the main office.
    -Learn and practice core skills such as confidence and persistence
    -Was considered for a leadership position and pay increase after just one month.

Cons-Training doesn't adequately prepare you for the field
    -Pay is not worth the work. "Bonuses" are very difficult to achieve. It's very luck-based. Ads claim $13-$15 per hour base pay. In reality, you get paid less than that during training which lasts two weeks, and minimum after the 2nd week. Keep in mind that most people don't stay on for more than a week.
    -Very draining for emotionally sensitive people
    -Hours. Where I worked, the schedule was Tuesday-Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Basically all the time to spend with family/friends is spent at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with the job postings. Constantly rehiring outreach specialists is kind of a morale killer for those who continue to stay on board.

A fun and unique work experience!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsFor all of the positions at Gen110 the pros include great company culture and a relaxed atmosphere, great team members, opportunity to work for a great cause, open communication with upper management, and full training. For my position, I appreciate the flexibility and authority to make changes to our process and team as needed. This is also true for most management positions. I also appreciate all the work opportunities for people who have the intelligence and dedication, but not necessarily the most experience.

ConsAll of the positions are performance based which is not for everyone. There is little flexibility with location because currently there are only five offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to remain transparent and upfront with employees. Also continue to prioritize promoting from within before recruiting outside the company for more advanced positions. Perhaps consider opening more locations in California.

This company does not equip you with the right tools to do your job

Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) West Covina, CA

Pros-Good Pay
    -Entry Level
    -Flexible Schedule

Cons- Door-to-door
    - Insufficient training
    - No stability in job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Didn't Give me a chance

Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat positive energy throughout the whole team.

ConsOnly gave you two days to memorize two scripts. Didn't give employees a chance to get properly trained. Wanted you to enter the field with being shadowed for at least three days. Instead of reaching small milestones the focus was on closing. Instead of focusing on building a team they focus on employees hitting the floor and performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to build your team and develop talent. If you focus on production, and not properly training people to be able to communicate you will have poor result. Having a lot of turn over is bad for everyone. Its crucial to find talent but talent development is the key to having a good team and sometimes that takes patience.

Great People, Great Company

Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThe culture at Gen110 is youthful and extremely energetic. You grow to love the other people on your team, in my case, like a little family. The business model for this company is simple and straightforward. It's a great product that sells itself; you don't need to lie or exaggerate at the door. Plus, you are making a direct difference when you sign people up for appointments - this is a job that has meaning. You get to work outdoors and interact with people all day. My bosses, Karyn and Mike were fantastic people - incredibly supportive and always looking out for individual employees. When you do well in this job, upper management takes notice. There's ample opportunity to move up, because this company is growing, and it's growing fast.

ConsThis job isn't for everyone. You need to wade through rejection to find the people that are genuinely interested in this, and it's not always easy. Like any sales job, perseverance and a great attitude are needed to succeed.

Great company, hard work and dedication will always be rewarded.

Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsExpect an outstanding company with super talented staff and enthusiastic leaders to show you the road to success.

ConsThis job requires a lot of confidence and perseverance. Failure to do so will make the tasks difficult to manage and complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a good job keeping the peers motivated and keeping the work environment a vibrant one.

Life-changing experience

Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) Orange, CA

Proslaidback environment, open-door policy, upbeat and positive atmosphere, lots of games, parties to celebrate successes, your ideas can turn into reality if you find something that works better than current processes, trust - they expect you to bring your own element to your position and it's empowering, motivating staff and co-workers

ConsPerformance oriented so if you aren't a driven person - you won't be successful in this position, rejections can be harsh but you learn so much in the process

Current Employee, 5 Stars

Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsVery High Opportunity for Promotion
    Performance Oriented Plus Base Pay
    Best product to sell door-to-door
    Green Company

ConsDoor-to-door is not for everyone, but if you think you can do it this is the best place for it!

A solar company barely staying alive.

Account Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat people
    Very motivating environment
    Fun office culture

ConsThe company has very young sales people and was bailed out by another solar fiancé company. They will either be forced out of business or close their doors once they realize that they have no real value to add.

Rewarding, Challenging, and Fun Job

Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat team environment, a lot of room to advance, young and ambitious leaders. You get to be the front-line of the company and if you work hard you get rewarded. It's pretty challenging sometimes and you have to step out of your comfort zone but that's what makes you a better communicator and influencer. It was great experience for me before I left to take a teaching job.

ConsIt's definitely challenging at times. I wouldn't necessarily say that is a bad thing, but there are a lot of people that underestimate sales job thinking that they can handle it when they can't. This isn't a show-up, clock-in, stand around and collect a paycheck job. You have to work and work hard or you won't do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to offer the program to more customers! people love solar!

Worked for Gen110? Contribute to the Community!