Be The First To
100% of the CEO
William E. Redmond Jr.
I have been working at GenTek
Pros – Atmosphere of an industrial company: serious, but not aggressive.
No dress code.
Cons – HR not focussed in helping employees progress: no school sponsorships, no help in changing jobs within company.
Advice to Senior Management – To give more feedback to employees.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2008-08-20 07:20 PDT
I worked at GenTek
Pros – - competitive wage structure
- build lasting friendships with colleagues
- on your feet and move around all day
- get to build things
- unionized environment makes it very difficult to get fired
Cons – - unionized environment makes it difficult to get promoted
- promotions based on tenure instead of merit
- typically overtime is required in the summer weekends
Advice to Senior Management – - be more transparent and honest with employees on the direction and challenges that the company is facing
- provide more training and development opportunities
2009-09-28 16:14 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –