Gene B. Glick Company Reviews

David O. Barrett

Corporate Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I enjoy working at Gene B. Glick. The company treats it's employees well. I appreciate the profit sharing, PTO, volunteer days, corporate outings and other things that the company does for it's employees. I'm provided with all the tools I need to do my job efficiently and effectively.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

2. Industry Standard

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, work environment, and work/life balance were average or above average for the industry. Properties were well maintained and resources were available to help employees develop professionally and succeed. There were several other perks that came with the job which made it a decent place to work.

Cons

Leadership from a corporate level was very disconnected from the property. It seemed as though expectations were arbitrarily set by people who had never spent more than a couple hours at the property. Additionally, HR leadership had a very disposable attitude when it came to leasing agents and maintenance staff. This often made it difficult to retain talented staff.

Advice to Management

Get leadership out to the properties for a full day each month. Everyone in the company should see and understand the strengths and challenges of each property before setting standards and expectations. Also, work to retain and develop entry level employees. Good leasing agents and maintenance staff can make or break a property.

Assistant Property Manager

Pros

great pay and good coworkers

Cons

too much work load--keeps getting worse

Office Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offered industry standard benefits, lots of free food, holiday parties, philanthropy opportunities, and much more. And depending on your department and manager the work/life balance was good. If you managed to stay on for many years it could develop into a lucrative career.

Cons

Not all employees are treated equally in regards to schedule flexibility and day-to-day perks. Leadership always had an "I'm the priority" attitude even if it hindered regular business process. It also seemed as though there was a great deal of job insecurity. The "Am I getting fired?" complex.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams and be more transparent. Do a better job of routine, documented, employee evaluation and 1 on 1 time. Work to build a culture of security and pride instead of fear and intimidation.

6. Learned alot over all

I worked at Gene B. Glick Company full-time

Pros

Corporate training is helpful and extensive

Cons

Poor communication sometimes between corporate and site level management

One of the best residential property management companies

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the Gene B Glick Company for over 15 years. The training programs are top-notch; and policies and procedures are in place to help you do your job. There is always someone to go to with questions or when assistance is needed. I feel a strong sense of camaraderie with my co-workers.

Cons

Seems like we are still experiencing "growing pains" through some changes. Although many are good changes, it does take some time to adjust and work the kinks out. It is still better than most property management companies.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Employees handle changes better when they understand why the changes are being put in place.

Never Been Happier - Great Place to Work

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous pay, 401k with excellent match, great insurance, paid work out time/classes, regular company events that are fun, flexible schedule, open to new ideas, etc.

Cons

Lots of employees have been around for many years and their opinion is not to be questioned. Many are "in the family" and can do no wrong.

Advice to Management

Review and evaluate positions based on work, not who knows who or who has been around the longest. Besides that, keep up the good work. Excellent place to work and lots of fun involved with the hard work. Look forward to many more happy years at the company.

Extraordinary Career

Pros

I'm a long term employee and can't even imagine working for another company. The benefit are outstanding, the pay extremely generous and the corporate culture is one of caring. The company tries to promote from within whenever possible so there are many opportunities available for those with ambition. The core values of the company are in line with my personal values so I feel right at home with this company. Everyone in upper management is very approachable and genuinely cares about their employees.

Cons

I would love to see administrative training for maintenance personnel. This would include Word, Excel and Email.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the site employees as the input should be extremely valuable in helping our company formulate policies and procedures going forward that benefit those on the front line.

A very solid company that treats employees well.

Pros

They are a well run company. Decent pay. Good benefits.

Cons

Upward mobility is nearly impossible.

Advice to Management

Just because one thing works for a property doesn't mean it will work for the rest. Most importantly put some of the money you are making back into the properties!!!

Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

I have been working at Gene B. Glick Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company offered great benefits. There was also a lot of flexibility depending on the position you had.

Cons

Things are changing now that the company can't hire or retain quality employees. But take it from someone who has worked here awhile. When there were a thousand applicants for every application, everyone that worked here was disposable. Also the company is very "who's who" oriented. Make the wrong person mad and the best employee could be kicked to the curb. It's only been in the last couple of months that I have been able to stop wondering who will be called down to HR on Friday afternoons.

Advice to Management

You're doing better. But cut the games out. When Gene was here this was a place to build a career for every employee. SVP all the way down to hourly maintenance guy. Bring that culture back.

RSS Feed </> Embed