Generac Power Systems Reviews

Reset
2.6
Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld
Aaron Jagdfeld

Pros
  • Fast paced environment, a growing industry, a growing company with good benefits, good vacation package, and quarterly bonuses (in 5 reviews)

• High potential for growth if changes are made to improve relations with employees and pay scale (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is/was very very very antiquated in terms of work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management wants to create new processes, but won't fully fund the technology to create "excellence (in 4 reviews)

1. Good company

Pros

Great people to work with. Newly redesigned corporate office.

Cons

Rapid growth has spurred some growing pains. Work/ life balance is no longer in line. Micro managed by top level managers.

great company that's on a scary path downward

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Facility improvements in the last three years plus planned improvements. Still many opportunities to improve processes and products.

Cons

Considerable lack of respect for all levels of incumbent employees by the newest (6 month) mid level management. The new guard is tearing the company apart, and it will likely get worse before the error of their hiring gets corrected.

Advice to Management

Get to know the core of your workforce, recognize their concerns, respect their abilities, and realize that you're losing some great talent daily due to these recent hires.

culture can be changed

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people to work with, supportive environment, recognize talent

Cons

Micro-management from upper management and even exec level shows lack of confidence and promotes dependency.

Advice to Management

The bigger picture is often missed because management is too involved in the day-to-day. Learn to let go and trust that your employees know the goal. Try to motivate instead of criticize.

advancement or the lack there of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

some (seems to be who you know, not what you know) people get advanced.

Cons

Most jobs have one title and no room for a promotion. although over the years you are given more work, more responsibilities, but no compensation or job title advancement. Our Managers/Directors and the HR department say they are "working" on this, however no results have come to fruition.

Advice to Management

Start to walk the walk, instead of talking the talk

Engineering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Friendly People, I personally like the country setting of the headquarters in Waukesha. The new expansion as well as plans for further expansion is impressive.

Cons

Like all companies that were private and then went public there are growing pains. The rapid rate of expansion can be hard to keep up with at times, but is well worth the effort.

Advice to Management

Trust in the people that got you to where you are today. Rely more on the people that have the day to day knowledge of what it took to build the company to what it is now.

7. Great company, certain areas need improvement

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in, genuine co-workers (for the most part), good benefits, willing to offer OT if wanted, etc.

Cons

Sometime there is mandatory OT and you are forced to work through your lunch. upper management is hard to hear you out with new ideas, and Generac gives fellow employees too many 2nd chances.

Advice to Management

Hear your employees out!!!

8. Growing Company.

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

Good company. New Corp. office w/cafe'. Growing fast. People are friendly and easy to work with. Pay is not bad.

Cons

Expecting too much from certain departments that need more employees, but will not let them hire, while other departments hire more than they need without question.

Advice to Management

Need to start hiring more workers, less directors, and let departments that support all facilities hire the staff needed.

Great place for those who want to create their own path

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

Great company to work at. Very aggressive style, Loves to compete and win. Lots of opportunities for growth in your professional career. If you are a self starter with a drive to succeed there are many opportunities to do so at Generac. You can make your own future. The company promotes and rewards results. Lots of investments have been made in the future of the company.

Cons

Not a place for everyone. But a great place to succeed if you are the type of person who takes control of your own future.

Advice to Management

Prioritization of business objectives would be helpful. I know the company is very ambitious, wants to succeed and drives hard but we could really benefit from focus on the the more impactful objectives.

working for generac

Pros

Has compassion for employees and is willing to work with them on an individual basis

Cons

Could be more competitive in wages

Advice to Management

Keep open mind when listening to your employees ideas or suggestions

Culture needs a little help

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, CEO who has drive, newly remodeled building. Lots of work

Cons

If you want to keep your job, you must not have a work-life balance. I work 65+ hours/week for the last 2 years and luckily moving up through the company. My pay doesnt get any larger, whether I work 40 or 65. There is too much to do and not enough resources. It is job security, however, if I fall behind, only I can pick up the slack. If I fall way behind, I risk losing my job. Walking through the building, people are depressed, not happy, and rarely have anything good to say about their job. The revolving door of employees on ALL levels doesnt seem to help either. I feel I am constantly trying to develop new relationships with people on a regular basis. Prior to my newer position, I had 3 bosses in 1 1/3 years. Each boss judges performance differently, and each boss exercized different leadership practices.

Advice to Management

HR-Take a look at who you have, and what you want. Develop the future, and utilize the resources from the past that got you here today. Ensure employees are staffed high enough, and workload is blanced. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER STORM. Grant extra vacation time, get better benefits (401K), and most importantly, pay people what they deserve. Too many people are fying off to the competitors because they pay more. I knwo a few personally. Managers/Execs, empower your employees. You do not have all of the answers and there is a team here to help you reach our goals. My dept, with a VP that encourages my idealologies, has been a great success.

RSS Feed </> Embed