Generac Power Systems

Generac Power Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld

Aaron Jagdfeld

Overall great place to work!

ProsGenerac is a company with integrity that cares about it's employees.

Consculture is a little bit behind, but trying to catch up.

Great place to grow

ProsGood place if you are a self starter and don't mind working hard

ConsThe corporate office could use major updating

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more focused on the customers

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsFantastic opportunities for those willing to work hard. Promotions from within encourage employees at all levels to make the most of their opportunity at the company.

ConsFast paced environment can be too much pressure for some. But for those that put high energy into it, they are rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work - continue to communicate your strategy with all levels of the organization and people will continue to work hard for the company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get out what you put in

ProsGenerac is a community . There are 2 types of people that work here: Individuals that strive and work to better themselves for their own reward and those who work here to better the company, the product and customers thus making themselves and their fellow employees better and succesful. Those individuals that are here for only their benefit will not be successful or enjoy their time here. This company is ever changing and in the last several years has made great strides in employee communication, career counseling, new product development and customer satisfaction. Generac is also heavily involved in the local communites where their plants are located.

ConsIf you're looking to be put on a pedastal and praised for doing a job that you earn a salary for you're in the wrong company for no one here is successful without the help of others. It's a team effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue evolving and changing with the times. Continue to listen to your employees and customers.

Great place to make a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsGenerac recognizes and grows talent. It is a great place to work if you looking for career. Generac is every changing and growing which makes new opportunities possible on a regular basis. The senior staff is competent and full of people who lead by example. Continous improvement is a foucs in every area of the company.

ConsIf fancy offices and state of the art computers and phones are what you are looking for, Generac lacks these amenities. Salaries tend to only be about average.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue down the path we are headed. Growth and improvement are our keys to the future. A new headquarters would be nice (but not necessary).

Great place for growth as a Designer in the Mechanical Engineering field.

Designer (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsFast paced environment, a growing industry, a growing company with good benefits, good vacation package, and quarterly bonuses. Company specific training available (not necessarily position specific)

ConsToo many processes or lack thereof can make work frustrating and stressful when things are happening at a blistering pace. This in turn causes for cranky overworked employees....
    Room for growth but you will eventually hit a "promotion ceiling" if you do not have a 4-year degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter systems (centralized system) and better processes (not more processes) will create better workflow and less confusion.

Good company, good team leads.

General Laborer (Former Employee) Whitewater, WI

ProsThe management is great. A lot of overtime, so the paychecks are nice and big. Good work is recognized and rewarded. Management understands that the work is a bit mind-numbing, so they offer daily lunch deals from around town and occasionally free Gatorade. Always get your breaks.

ConsThe starting pay is a bit low. It is factory work, so it can get pretty repetitious and become boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug test to give better pay.

Good starting point for those interested in a career in Power Generation

Territory Development Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearned a tremendous amount about stand-by power generation. Most sales positions are field based, company supplied vehicle, laptop, cell phone, gas card and company credit card for business expenses

ConsCompany cars now have GPS trackers for "insurance purposes" but in reality its used to track your movements. Bonus formula at that time were based on several factors that as a Territory Manager you had no control over and formula was undecipherable. Compensation was average for outside sales, inside sales compensation was horrible, less than 30K.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your Territory Managers more authority to address customer service issues with major accounts, especially regarding equipment failures and end user warranty issues.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Senior Engineer

Engineer (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsCompany is growing; more resources being added & people being hired. You get to work on some really cool stuff. My boss does a good job training me. Great benefits.

ConsVery slow to change "That is not the Generac Way" is the reason given to shoot down new ideas. Salary is only average

Advice to Senior ManagementStart acting like a global publicly traded company and stop doing things just because that is they way you've always done them.

material handler

Material Handler (Current Employee) Whitewater, WI

ProsVery nice environment, co workers, and supervisors.

ConsOvertime is mandatory and not much notice is given when they want you to work. Warehouse is unorganized and a little behind the times technology wise. Ordering system is from the dark ages and material is constantly over ordered.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!