General Dynamics C4 Systems

General Dynamics C4 Systems President Chris Marzilli

Chris Marzilli

132 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love working here

Operations Senior (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood Salary and oportunity for advancement

ConsIt takes a long time to be promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Long term employment, then laid off

Test Engineer Senior Staff (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsWe work with first rate equipment & software tools and first rate IT support. Communications with middle management is excellent.

ConsThe layoffs appear to be totally arbitrary. Absolutely key people have been laid off, leaving voids in the ability for the rest of us to effectively do our jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink before you lay someone off. Will that person's departure significantly affect co-workers or result in the position going unfilled for an extended time?

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people

Engineering (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat people...highly qualified seasoned personnel.

ConsCompany is going major re-structuring due to sequestration. Highly performing individuals leaving the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Opportunities

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe rich processes and deep talent pool offers a great working atmosphere for younger employees to learn and grow. The time off is generous and the benefits are appropriate.

ConsThis business segment is very dependent upon the defense sector. If defense dollars dry up this is an at-risk place to be when budgets are cut.

Gaining momentum after some hard years

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe work I do directly benefits Soldiers, it is the reason i come in every day. Salary/benefits are comparable to other like-companies. The company seems to be making forward progress after almost five really ugly years.

ConsLittle transparency, employees only engage with management when an executive memo comes out, Layoffs seem to have declined, although we all remain on high-alert for our manager to arrive at our cube with the HR rep.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees with the vision going forward, stove-piping information, a little here and a little there doesn't improve morale or the belief that C4 will survive.

Flag Review
    General Dynamics C4 Systems HR Operations responded to this review Jun 6, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your honest feedback. You're right, government cuts have meant that the past several years have been hard, but we are working even harder to ensure a sustainable future for the company ... More

Large company, both good and not-so-great.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsMy peers have been fantastic to work with. There are plenty of people who enjoy solving engineering problems and do so for the right reasons. My direct bosses and managers have been excellent as well. Salary seems very competitive.

ConsThe management structure can feel top heavy at times, and the building doesn't have much natural lighting.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe drab tan/gray cubicles could use some updating.

Nice but big company

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsWorked in small branch, very tight group interesting projects. GD corporate had decent support. Pay was good. Good group of coworkers for the most part. I enjoyed my time there.

ConsWas a third party contractor so did not have security or benefits. Sometimes the slow response of the large company would hurt productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open dialogue

Finance is tough

Finance Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsCoprorate benefits
    Work/life balance
    good starting pay
    I dont know what else to put?
    so this is tough to continue to add things too it

ConsTimes are tough.. lots of cut backs. moreale is low
    not good mkt pay
    no bonus
    they are nazi's about timecards
    hard to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign mgtment and employee goals.

There were many opportunities working at General Dynamics

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThere were many opportunities to streamline processes, process improvement, consolidate workload, and cross train. Pay was good for those that had many years of service. I enjoyed the diversity of the company.

ConsThe state of the business did not allow for the company to keep all employees. Downsizing was necessary, but often looked as unfair.

Very poorly managed

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsDecent pay... if you can keep your job

ConsLots of layoffs, many due to reduced defense spending and some due to bad management decisions.
    Management is very focused on short term cost cutting without understanding just what they are cutting.
    Lots of favoritism. If you know how to play the office politics game, you can be very successful, without being proficient in your job.

I became aware of a email from a coworker to my manager. The coworker was providing excuses why something was not done and was in effect, blaming me, without mentioning me by name. This person had not even notified me of the particular work he was involved in, so I could not have been to blame. Since this person was my boss was not in the least bit interested in the fact this person was lying.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe typical manager here has no clue what their employees actually do. Their focus is on not rocking the boat and cutting costs, without any understanding that some carefully managed overhead spending can actually serve to reduce overall program costs.

Scottsdale management seems to roll over and defer on all important decisions to management in Massachusetts. The result is more and more work is transferred to MA to what has to be a higher cost location.

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!

General Dynamics C4 Systems Videos

General Dynamics C4 Systems – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​ ​​​​About General Dynamics C4 Systems We keep those who operate in mobile, remote and dangerous environments connected and secure. As a subsidiary of General Dynamics, with locations in over a dozen states and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics C4 Systems reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics C4 Systems CEO Chris Marzilli. All 132 reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics C4 Systems employees.