General Dynamics C4 Systems

General Dynamics C4 Systems Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Mar 4, 2014

General Dynamics C4 Systems President Chris Marzilli

Chris Marzilli

Pros
  • Very flexible with work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Some very good people down in the ranks -- talented and care about what they're doing(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gets richer even as company's revenue goes down(in 19 reviews)

• good old boys" network - any they take care of themselves only(in 9 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Smart People Comfortable Work Enviornment

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsLots of smart people to learn from
    True Software Lifecycle management (CMMI V)
    Flexible work schedules

ConsGovernment Industry is getting tighter
    Only one project driving the entire office

Advice to Senior ManagementStart branching into other software projects (not based on CoMotion)

Generally ok, wide mix of project/people quality

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood work/life balance.
    Some work is exciting and makes a difference.
    Some very good people down in the ranks -- talented and care about what they're doing.

ConsUpper management is out of touch -- they get bonuses while our salaries are frozen and benefits cut.
    Some projects are tedious, boring, and poorly managed.
    2014 isn't a good time to be a defense contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the pain; stop painting rosy pictures for investors while pushing employees to keep doing more with less. Branch out from defense contracting -- the handwriting is on the wall! Try harder to insulate the teams that are rocking.

General Dynamics C4 Systems HR Operations responded to this review

Apr 28, 2014

We are continually impressed by the ingenuity and creativity of our engineers, especially during these tough financial times when we often ask our engineers to be more cost efficient while continuing ... More

Great workplace, but losing quality quickly

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTalented people, High achievers, Good peers from remote offices,Flexible hours, Comfortable workplace, Good remuneration, Excellent opportunities for training, Amazing product.

ConsQuickly losing quality on new hires, Silly internal competition, Poor local management (since 2009), Low morale at local office, Product concept is still amazing, but its technology is almost outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Pittsburgh Office management needs renovation/intervention ASAP. A better strategy for talent retention needs to be established now, as senior staff that represents the technical core of the company is thinking about leaving (after 10+ years in the job). Let's keep this office a great place to work.

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!