General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews in Arlington, VA

Updated Apr 2, 2014

General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson

S. Daniel Johnson

Pros
  • Good benefits and competitive salary - great co-workers and working environment(in 28 reviews)

• Very casual work environment (shorts, t-shirts as long as you're not meeting a client)(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems oblivious to tech so middle management had to translate needs(in 13 reviews)

• Low work-life balance, people expect you to work extra hours(in 7 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

Senior Architect (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat benefits and good work environment

ConsManagement not in sync with what is going on at the Contract side

Not a bad place, and you can get your security clearance

Senior Engineer, Systems (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe work is interesting due to the client base, all Federal Gov. or DoD.
    Mostly run as a respectful large company, very cautious about ethics, but also flexible on an individual basis

ConsThey work from contract to contract. Once your project is over, you have to find something else or change jobs. There is very little matrixing of one employee to several different jobs.
    I was hired at a lower grade than my qualifications due to an existing opening. Now after proving my worth many times, I am having difficulty getting the promotion and raise I think is justified by my performance and peer review.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more judicious in handling hiring, raises, transfers, and promotions.
    Consider sharing people across different activities for more continuity and reduced struggle in recruiting.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!