General Dynamics Information Technology

• Patuxent River, MD
  • Any Status
General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson
S. Daniel Johnson

• The company has pretty good benefits and depending on your location, the hours may be flexible (in 31 reviews)

• The company had a good work environment (in 27 reviews)

• Upper management has no loyalty to anything but the profit line (in 20 reviews)

• Work-life balance is skewed, benefits are not great though salaries are competitive but the biggest "con" is the lack of decision making (in 10 reviews)

Good experience for working with one of the "big boys."

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Company has been very good to me, ensuring that I have received good raises in compensation for helping to improve relations with an unhappy and demanding customer. They have periodic incentives to encourage employees to be more healthy. Like last year, they had a program where people tracked their walking/running and, if you exercised x times per week, your name went into a drawing. Some of the prizes were things like iPads and A WEEK OF PAID LEAVE.

In the current environment, with threats of sequestration and DoD budget cutbacks, working for any defense contractor can be a bit nerve-wracking. From what I can see, most GDIT employees are embedded at customers' work sites. So your day-to-day work experience is much more affected by your government customer than by the the actual policies of your employer. Not really a CON, per se, but it can be if your customer is difficult and the GDIT management doesn't stand behind you. I worked for a small contractor before and did have more of a sense there of being known as a person and not just an employee number.

Showing 1 of 771 review