General Dynamics Information Technology

Updated November 21, 2014
3.1

General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson
S. Daniel Johnson

Pros
  • Good benefits and competitive salary - great co-workers and working environment (in 31 reviews)

• Very casual work environment (shorts, t-shirts as long as you're not meeting a client) (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems oblivious to tech so middle management had to translate needs (in 20 reviews)

• Low work-life balance, people expect you to work extra hours (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience and great benefits.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sandy, UT

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked for GDIT for less than a year as a supervisor and and a customer service representative. The benefits offered by GDIT are some of the best benefits I have had ever.

Cons

Training is lacking and communication from upper management needs to be improved. Hiring practices need to be improved as well if you can read a script and have some computer knowledge you will be hired.

Tighten up the hiring requirements you will hire just about anyone and some of the people you hired should of been let go .

Great company!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

GDIT offers a variety of shifts. They have great benefits. They are extremely employee oriented. They offer amazing opportunities for voluntary overtime.

Cons

The work assignment is only temporary. There is some communication lag between upper management and tier one employees concerning expectations.

This is a perfect employer to communicate with consumers at a friendly, fast paced Call Center.

Current Employee - Associate Specialist in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Specialist in Sandy, UT

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy helping consumers. The team is very happy to help each other with Attention to Detail. We help each other to remember to keep our Attendance current, then you can be #1 on your team!

Cons

Be sure you are at work on time. Prepare all your programs before your shift begins. If we keep our team in one of the top of the line, we can have special incentives. I have advanced 3 times. So can you.

It would be a great incentive for the #1 on each team to get a special parking spot for a month. The culter in the office is very high, it is a joy to work helping consumers with issues.

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

Pros

Wonderful management and great staff

Cons

New call centerandneeds to be a bit organized

Solid Company with good career growth.

Current Employee - Ops Manager in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in Sandy, UT

Pros

Great management and very interesting work.

Cons

No budget for extras like company parties or events.

Need more fun.

Lack of respect for fellow human beings.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

Pros

Free healthcare for the employee only.

Cons

It's ridiculous to add your family to the health coverage its almost your whole salary and management is just looking to get you fired to save there own assets its a total joke for any one that wants a career in customer service should avoid this companies call center at all cost.

Get your head out of your rectum and be a leader not a single employee trust you except one manager that should really be in a better career because he has a sincere future as management.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

Pros

Good money for in a call center. regular call center policies, lots of over time if you want. Liked to worked there.

Cons

DIsorganized. It was a new project.

Care more about your employees.

General dynamics

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Tier I A/B/DME in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Tier I A/B/DME in Sandy, UT

Pros

Good pay, great incentives working with General dynamics

Cons

Laid off because call volume was very low

Please fix the time cards it's very hard to understand Make it simple

It is like watching chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

Pros

Benefits and pay were decent for a call center. Insurance coverage along with 401k options was a plus over companies in the area.

Cons

Lack of knowledgeable leadership. Upper management could be heard screaming at supervisors. Supervisors lacked on floor experience and still expected to supervise! ? Job training was a joke, last minute tool training before hitting the floor, trainers had no practical knowledge of processes during phone calls, and once you hit the floor all training had to be thrown out the window.
    Internal help desk even for a contracted new project were near useless and would give bad advice or even disconnect.
    Flip flopped on policies that it took about 8 months for leadership to agree on.
    Bi - lingual skilled employees were mistreated by denial of shift changes, shift swapping, and taking the majority of calls that did not require a second language.
    Site basically changed their advertised hours and shifts. Reason why many people chose to work at the site was for Mon - Friday only. They changed the to a 24 / 7 site and during shift bid forced employees to take weekend shifts that they never agreed to.

Be more selective on supervisors. Supervisors should have actual supervisory experience along with floor experience. Better shift options, actual floor support, intelligent workforce services. Breaks are cut by 4 minutes due to locker locations.

Makes General Dynamics Look Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sandy, UT

Pros

Paid health insurance, yep that's about it

Cons

Supervisors with bully like approach. Managment unapproachable. I have felt extremely disposable from day one. I'm always worried about getting in trouble. It's truly a sweatshop like atmosphere. Was told that it was a 5 year contract and was promised job security, yet half the building was laid off. The head guy, who I will leave unnamed, is the most dis respectable, ignorant, selfish person I think I have ever met. I approached him regarding money the company owed me and he told he to never come in his office without his permission again. Sad really. I am threatened with termination on a Daily basis. I have been given so many" warnings" that I've lost track. I advice anyone who is thinking about working for this company when they hire again in September to think again. It has been nothing short of miserable. It went as far as calling meetings with csrs to inform us that we would be terminated if we ever said something negative to one the corporate visitors.

Put yourself on the csr level. Get off your high horse and be willing make adjustments. Stop calling meetings before the CEOs visit to make sure we don't tell them anything negative.

General Dynamics Information Technology Photos