General Dynamics Information Technology

Updated Feb 23, 2014

General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson

S. Daniel Johnson

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Did not like the way the employees were treated, what we were told to tell consumers. Did not address problems.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Sandy, UT

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for less than a year

ProsOver time was available, incentive given out.

ConsNot enough people to help with urgent questions, told to tell consumers same thing, re-do work with same out come.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the people doing the job, ask for ways to improve polices.

Company is Dishonest, non-respectable, uncompassionate~NO restroom breaks if you have to go.

Sandy, UT

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for less than a year

ProsInsurance benefits, pay, lunch kitchen where you can buy your food, easy access to freeway (commonality among employees - DISATISFACTION), and parking available

ConsThis company CONTINUALLY LIE to employees. Supervisors act like drill sergeants, no compassion. They've owed me over-hour work pay for several months. You can't get away from the phones to use the bathrooms, unless it's during your break. It's very military run. They lie about start dates, pay and incentives. Extra poor communication to CSR. Anxiety filled atmosphere to work in, always watching your back. The supervisors only worry about them & their position, lying constantly to make themselves look better. If you want your career to be positive, don't even look at working for General dynamics on Sandy Parkway in Utah.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your CSR's as Human Beings. Quit with ALL the LIES!

The worst, most disorganized, disrespecful, embarrassing company to work for.

Sandy, UT

ProsA handful of very caring and compassionate Supervisors. Customer Service Representative's work well together. The real training is learning from each other on the job.

ConsCompletely Disorganized, Pay error's a constant problem, weeks and month's after still trying to get resolution. Too many Superviors with militant, bully mentality. Some Supervisors have gone as far as to send emails on how to conduct yourself, even listing when it's acceptable to use the bathroom. Nothing in place to go home on time if a call runs late, at time hours long. Ongoing problems with website. "Sweatshop" environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo much anger, frustration, disappointment, and distrust. The perception is that Management doesn't care, it's a numbers game. Stop the disruption of assigning and resigining employees from one side of the building to the complete opposite, with locker's scattered. In four months I and my peers have been reassigned/physically relocated at least 4-5 times. I've had at least 6 Superviors, which seems to be standard for this company. Pull the brakes on the militant superviors, who believe "leadership" means being intimidating, threatening, and instilling fear. It is common for employees to walk off the job, disgusted with the poor treatment. I would not be surprised if the turnover rate is over 40%.

Management is a joke

Sandy, UT

ProsNot a lot to say here. The other csr's are generally good people but rarely last after interactions with management.

ConsI work at the sandy branch and I am here to tell you to avoid it at all costs. The lack of respect and trust from upper management is insulting, supervisors on power trips and promised incentives dishonored. This company still owes me money and anyone I ask about getting this money gives me the cold shoulder. Frankly this company could get in a lot of trouble for the way this branch is running things, the labor commission should be notified

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen given a badge, use it to encourage and motivate your team, rather than dictate it.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Information Technology reviews and ratings in Sandy, UT — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics Information Technology CEO S. Daniel Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees.