General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology President S. Daniel Johnson

S. Daniel Johnson

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intelligent Knowledgeable People

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee)
    Towson, MD

ProsI've never worked with a more hardworking and friendly group. They know what needs to be done and do it efficiently and effectively. Everyone is willing to help each other out and there a real sense of team. The experience you get will be determined by the contract you work and how well the team has been put together. Some teams work better together than others.

ConsWorking for a large company can have its drawbacks. To the very upper management I'm just a number on a page. This isn't always a bad thing but dealing with pushing through corporate red tape can be irritating.

Mixed emotions for GDIT

Senior Analyst, Functional (Former Employee)
    Towson, MD

ProsWell established and respected enterprise with broad range of career opportunities, both in the private sector and Government Contracting. Great and affordable benefits package, 401K (with employer match), generous leave accrual policy, decent communications from top-down.

ConsPoor compensation rate, difficulty making upward or lateral moves due to the posting system. Recruiter department of HR are very close-lipped, lengthy (terminal) decision process, no contact if you are not selected. And the kicker, if your contract is cancelled or down-sized, GDIT will keep you hanging out for 30 days in order to not pay severance, and their idea of career assistance to re-place you within the organization is to send a list of open positions and it is up to the released employee to find, apply, interview, and hope for rehire.

I can only speak for the contract I worked on, but it has the feel of the 'old-boy' network, and if you don't gel with or kiss up to the clique, you are pretty much left to flap in the wind.

This company treats its people like puppets

Principal Programmer (Current Employee)

ProsCasual dress
    Work from home
    Free hot beverages

ConsSome projects are poorly managed
    No sick time

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as if they have feelings.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Towson, MD

ProsI work in the Healthcare IT division. The staff is experienced and employee turnover is low. Benefits are good, Management is good and seems to be supported by senior management. The company is stable and layoffs in my division are rare.

ConsSalaries are fair compared to similar jobs elsewhere, but not great. I wish they had a better bonus program to reward and retain high performing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You will retain more high performing employees with a better bonus program and with a salary program that favors the best employees

Good starting job for new grads

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Towson, MD

ProsParts of the company are very relaxed and offer multiple shift times that works well for people across the spectrum.

ConsSome people have been in the same position for many years making it very difficult for a new person to come into a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave monthly or quarterly meetings with individuals to voice any issues or concerns.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Information Technology reviews and ratings in Towson, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics Information Technology CEO S. Daniel Johnson. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees.