General Dynamics Land Systems Reviews

Reset
2.6
General Dynamics Land Systems President Mark C. Roualet
Mark C. Roualet

Pros
  • Flexible, good benefits, 9/80 work schedule (in 32 reviews)

• Benefits package good, 9/80 work schedule (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tends to strut around the organization as though the sheeple they encounter are only there to do their bidding (in 10 reviews)

• Constant restructuring, lack of effective leadership, little to no cohesion and teamwork even within the same department (in 5 reviews)

1. Not a typical factory setting

Current Employee - Assembler in Lima, OH
    Current Employee - Assembler in Lima, OH

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and excellent benefits

Cons

constant lay-offs. not very stable

Advice to Management

get more input directly from the employees

Not a career long place but good launching pad

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Specialist in Lima, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Specialist in Lima, OH

I worked at General Dynamics Land Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best health care benefits I have ever had or probably will ever have again. Good overall wage compenstation package.

Cons

Very disorganized company structure. Forget everything you have ever learned about trying to reduce waste. The company makes money on wasteful processes and procedures from the government. When there is a bad cash flow month, the company orders more parts that are not needed because they get paid to store the parts which increases cash flow for the month. From the section manager level on up the chain, they rule through intimidation and stiffle ones creativity. After several years of banging your head against the wall of change, everyone that continues to work there conforms to the way the company operates or you leave. Do not tell them the truth, they like to feel warm and fuzzy so you are better off telling them what they want to hear. If you dare tell the truth, there will be recompressions.

Advice to Management

Why give advice to people that know everything already? I spent 11 years of my life trying to make a difference and did make some but it was a very taxing process that wore me down.

3. Good but poor job security

Current Employee - Welder and Fabricator in Lima, OH
    Current Employee - Welder and Fabricator in Lima, OH

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good salary and good people

Cons

Not enough work bc of government contracts

Advice to Management

more work!

My evaluation was above average but I was held back to allow a subordinate to be promoted.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lima, OH
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lima, OH

Pros

They pay some of the highest wages in the area. Less than 15 miles to work. Benifits package with 401(k) and medical

Cons

Too large, employees are overlooked by upper management. Overworked when downsizing becomes necessary; doing two jobs instead of one. No pay for extra hours worked on weekends for management. Union labor is protected by bargaining agreement. Discipline is not supported by a weak Human Resources department.

Advice to Management

Communicate company goals down to all employees. Stop out-sourcing work to Verhoff when we can do a better job and maintain employment. The high costs to customers are attributed to union leadership backing a sub-standard work ethic.

RSS Feed </> Embed