General Healthcare Resources

4.2
John Quirk

1. Great Leadership, Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

General Healthcare Resources, Inc. is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. The upper-level management provides consistent support for employees, as well as ongoing training. A person can have several ‘Bosses’ in their career elsewhere, but the leadership of GHR’s executives sets the company apart. In my experience, the managers have shown a true desire to help employees realize their own potential. If you are willing to work with an intentional effort to be the best & get out of your comfort zone daily, GHR will help you succeed.

Cons

No downside; GHR is a great place to build your career & help others.

Advice to Management

Great job creating a culture of teamwork and collaboration!

2. Nurse

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

Pros

Excellent place to work! My contact person is Linda Kinney, she is great !

Cons

Not enough job placements for my area.

Advice to Management

Please add nursing jobs that include the following: Wellness Flu Clinics, School nurse, and Phlebotomy.

3. Love GHR, great company

Current Employee - IT Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Huge potential as both an internal and external employee. Great group of people to work with. Couldn't ask for better bosses. Co-workers genuinely care about each other, very close knit atmosphere

Cons

My drive could be a little shorter, the blue route every day is a rough ride. I honestly can't think of a thing to complain about working at GHR.

5. GHR is a great place to work

Current Employee - Staffing
    Current Employee - Staffing

Pros

I have been with General Healthcare Resources for 13 years and there is no company I would rather work for. I'm under a manager that really gets it, she is fair and extremely motivating. My team is positive and supportive every day, all day! I come to work everyday- wanting to work hard for GHR. Team GHR!

Cons

If I had any cons, would I still be here after 13 years?!

Advice to Management

Keep on setting great examples.

6. A Great Work Environment Where Strong Expectations and Fun Coexist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an internal employee, I love working for this healthcare agency. While you are (rightfully) expected to work hard, GHR has done a wonderful job at establishing a young, energizing atmosphere where employees are encouraged to grow, thrive, and excel. Each team is run by an experienced and successful manager; all of whom work hard to create and maintain team unity, set their employees up for success, and shower their employees with praise for a job well done. If you find yourself unsuccessful, it's certainly not for a lack of opportunity and training.

Cons

While everyone has a close bond with their team members, there is sometimes a lack of communication between departments. Improving in this area would make GHR an even more enjoyable place to work!

7. Recruiter/Staffing Specialist at GHR

Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

I have been working for GHR for about a year and have loved my time here! There is a great potential for growth and unlimited opportunity. The management team is supportive and approachable and work extremely well together! I love the staff here and we are always willing to help each other out. As long as you are a hard-worker you will be successful with GHR.

Cons

Can't think of any cons to working at GHR!

8. lpn

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources (More than 10 years)

Pros

able to work at your own schedule

Cons

not enough work when you want it

9. Excellent Career potential for folks with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented mentality!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for GHR for almost 5 years. Fortunately for me, I have been provided several opportunities to succeed in my career here. Hard work is recognized and appreciated. The earning potential is limitless and is directly impacted by the work you put in on a daily basis. We have a blue collar mentality and everyone works together to make sure our clients are happy. I have personally referred several friends to the company and will continue to recommend GHR as an employer of choice!

Cons

There really are not many cons to working at GHR. As long as you are motivated, personable and hard working, the leadership team will provide you with the tools for success.

Advice to Management

offering more exciting production based incentives like trips, PTO and team building events would continue to keep the internal teams happily employed and excited to come to work!

10. Great Place to Work with Plenty of Room to Grow

Current Employee - Nurse Staffing Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Nurse Staffing Specialist in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at General Healthcare Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for General Healthcare resources for just about 2 years now and I couldn’t be happier with my choice to join the company. If you have a great work ethic and work well with others, GHR is the company you are looking for! Everyone at GHR works together as one team including management. Management is always ready to jump in and help any way they can including the owner of the company! GHR offers plenty of perks throughout the year with different events which really make a difference keeping their employees happy. This clearly shows with longevity of some employees at GHR.

Cons

I truly don’t feel there are any con’s working with GHR. If you work hard it is recognized by everyone within the company.

Excellent Management, Plenty of Opportunities to Succeed for Young Professionals

Current Employee - Permanent Placement Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Permanent Placement Recruiter in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

I was fortunate enough to have an excellent senior recruiter and a wonderful boss who taught me everything I now know about recruiting. I also agree that there is flexibility if earned. My manager is very easy to talk to and offers plenty of good advice to his team. Although he pushes us hard, at the end of the day it is only to ensure that we succeed. Company plans a lot of fun events such as a company picnic, happy hours, bowling party and beautiful holiday party. I have found every single person who works at GHR to be very friendly and respectful.

Cons

I personally do not have any complaints about my position - however, the hours can pose to be a struggle. Permanent Placement Recruiters work until 6:00PM every day and until 7:30PM on Tuesdays. It can be tough to obtain a work-life balance at times.

Advice to Management

Although we do have a "summer hours" program, offering more incentives to shorten working hours would be nice.

RSS Feed </> Embed