General Healthcare Resources

Updated May 1, 2014
Updated May 1, 2014

3.2

John Quirk

If you want to learn from the best, work at GHR, but be prepared to work hard

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

I had an amazing boss, who quite literally groomed me from the ground up - taught me everything about full cycle recruiting and how to run a successful desk.
    Flexibility - if you earn it.
    Compassionate and genuine CEO
    Incredibly hard working group of employees, and trust me when I say, they don't allow the weakest links to stick around. Very high standards yield a contagious work ethic to be the best.
    Work hard and pay off will be great, especially if you have no agency or recruiting in your background. You will learn, and earn.

Cons

High expectations - don't even apply if you don't want to work hard
    High call volume - not a good job for someone who is shy of the phone
    Tension between depts.
    Often management across all depts can be childish, and unrealistic. I worked there for 4 years, and several managers/directors would not even say goodbye to me after I resigned, though I made GHR alot of money during my time and felt as though I departed professionally and amicably. Paranoid that current and former employees are out to "steal information".
    Little opportunity to advance- very much a "good ole boys" club. Several Directors have been there forever; they will never leave and they hardly ever hire leadership externally.

Provide more opportunities for your best employees to assume leadership roles, and don't be so dispectful when an employee leaves - they may just be a client one day

Home health company, usually assigned to hospice care.

Current Employee - Nurse
    Current Employee - Nurse

Pros

This is a good job if you like working the night shift in home healthcare.

Cons

Low pay, they don't pay overtime for holidays, and long hours. night shift is 13 hours long.

Management is in PA, so everything is done long distance, there is no interaction with management. I got postcard in the mail for a sign-on bonus and when I called there was no sign on bonus. Don't offer sign on bonus if it does not exist.

It's OK, as long as you aren't a recruiter

Pros

Spot bonuses, some flexibility in scheduling, nice office location, younger crowd of people working, CEO knows everyone on a first name basis, happy hours, yearly company picnic

Cons

Crappy health insurance, bending of rules by mgmt, infighting between departments, management bullying managers from other departments, breaking rules to make a buck, constant and sudden firings of those not quite up to snuff, continuing to employ sub par healthcare professionals in order to make $$ billing the facilities. The senior employees brain wash the young hires to be snarky, deceitful, stop-at-nothing-to-earn-more-commission coworkers. Literally a revolving door of employees.

On the recruiting side, we get your "work hard, play hard" mentality, but the rest of the employees/departments shouldn't get steamrolled in order to make an extra buck in their commission. Every department has such a contentious relationship.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had an amazingly helpful scheduler who worked hard to ensure I had work!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Hazle Township, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hazle Township, PA

Pros

The staff is so friendly and helpful and always willing to look out for you. The pay is great, scheduling is flexible, and weekly paychecks!

Cons

If you receive a negative comment from here-say of an employee at a facility, management can request to GHR that you not return to the facility.

Please listen to the employee being involved with a facility issue so they can work through it instead of being asked not to return

Best Agency to work for...hands down.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norristown, PA

Pros

The staffing specialists are great and work hard to get me assignments that I really want as far as specialty and location. The pay is good. They give you an opportunity to spread your wings with assignments you want to try, once you've proven you are a skilled and reliable nurse.

Cons

I wish some of the assignments were longer. That isn't GHR's fault. It's just the nature of the beast in this line of work.

Maybe offer different rates for different assignments and mileage reimbursement for some assignments. I often have driven an hour for an assignment

they will use you up and spit you out

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

flexible schedule with no fight

Cons

management will lie to you and if you try to find another job they will either refuse to give a reference or will give a bad one

stop your lying.

I really enjoyed traveling to different sites that needed support staffing, staff/ resident ratio was equal . to qualit

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

residents and flexible schedule, travel and pay rate

Cons

company layover is often than not/

are you rehiring -I'm available

LPN Position. Previous job title

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Flexible schedule. Work hours I wanted

Cons

No more hous for LPNs

i enjoy working for them

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Nurse in Newark, DE

Pros

You are able to get the time off when needed without having to argue with your boss like you would at a regula job

Cons

The amount of hours and time that's not available, at time you can go weeks without work and it hurts.

Try to get some more accounts and offer more hours and positions. At time it seems like there are only 1/2 accounts available.

Great Management, supportive to employees

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

Decent rates, always treated with respect

Cons

As with any agency, hours per week are not predictable

Worked for General Healthcare Resources? Contribute to the Community!