General Revenue Reviews

James Reed

1. collections

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blanchester, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blanchester, OH

I worked at General Revenue (More than 5 years)

Pros

getting the big bonuses every month

Cons

there was too much backstabbing, taking other rep accts

2. Collector

Current Employee - Collector I
    Current Employee - Collector I

I have been working at General Revenue

Pros

potential incentive bonus. benefits are competitive with like pay-range jobs. only 2 nights/3 days a week, rotates weekends- sometimes only a 4 hour shift which creates a 6 day workweek but can flex out the time (not on a night shift) Flexible with scheduling if you aren't able to make that doc/dentist etc appt outside of your work hours. ... in my opinion.

Cons

read above-- POTENTIAL incentive, add in clique-ish, goals are higher than ever before, "but attainable", bonus structure has changed and it seems there is less money in the bonus pool to go around for the people on the phones. Way too many managers. Way too many reports which overlap each other and could be streamlined to actually allow managers to focus on their team achieving the higher goals. Performance and professional policies have proved to be mostly at discretion of management on who to apply what to. .... in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Remember that everyone expects to be equal to their peers. Re-think the qualifications of who you have working from "team seniors" on up. Know what is going on in your backyard - from all perspectives. Secrecy and exclusion do not create a cohesive work environment. Focus on the "Navient Way" Live the company vision- even though an environment based on greed, reward those who play by the rules, not those who shape the rules how they want them to be. Managers need to be kept to 40-45 hours a week, not the 60 or 70 we all get to hear about.

3. A sould crushing job with decent pay and interesting co workers

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Horseheads, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Horseheads, NY

I worked at General Revenue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good health benefits and above average pay for the area - there are some great people working there

Cons

- the job is not personally rewarding or intellectually stimulating - expectations constantly change - cutthroat competition among employees is encouraged by management, not collaboration

5. loved it

Former Employee - Collections in Horseheads, NY
    Former Employee - Collections in Horseheads, NY

I worked at General Revenue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus checks, gym in building, pay

Cons

The average weight gain .

Advice to Management

Loved you all

6. Entry Level Collections

Former Employee - Entry Level Collections in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Entry Level Collections in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at General Revenue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was very friendly to new hires. Helped with new employee issues and helped new employees settle in.

Cons

Collections industry. Harassing debtors any way possible. Made to call neighbors and employers to shame debtor into paying.

Advice to Management

Management is the only positive aspect of the company.

7. MOST MONOTONOUS JOB I EVER HAD

Former Employee - Collector in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Collector in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at General Revenue (Less than a year)

Pros

I was paid all of my vacation time upon termination. They bought us LaRosa's pizza a couple times while I was there.

Cons

This place expects you to be seated 7hrs 30min for each 8 hour shift. The list I was calling on got me connected to an answering machine 98% of the time. On the "very rare instance" that you do get in touch with the borrower and said borrower is willing to speak to you, the collector is faced with reading multiple legal disclosures! My team leader had a problem with people talking to their neighbors. She could not understand the fact that if you did not talk to the person on your right or left, you would go insane!!! After all, she wasn't sitting around listening to answering machines all day!!!

Advice to Management

Lighten up. Give the collections agents more "breathing room!"

8. Good Money

I worked at General Revenue full-time

Pros

Easy to earn a lot money

Cons

Call center jobs can get very boring

9. Collector 1

Current Employee - Collector I in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Collector I in Mason, OH

I have been working at General Revenue

Pros

GRC is a great place to work. The training is paid. The benefits start within a month. You don't have to dress up. If you listen in training and do what the managers tell you a lot of money can be earned.

Cons

There are absolutely no challenges if you do what you are told, keep learning, and show up to work. The attendance policy is strict, but reasonable.

10. Could be Worse

I worked at General Revenue

Pros

flexible hours and air conditioning

Cons

can be high stress if you dont hit goals

11. It's not a job for everyone.

Current Employee - Collector in Horseheads, NY
    Current Employee - Collector in Horseheads, NY

I have been working at General Revenue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a building of team and individual ownership from the very start. Three weeks of paid training prepares you to 'hit the floor'. There are monthly motivational meetings for continued communication and recognition for employees who meet or exceed monthly targets. The company gives back to its local communities through food drives and charity donations.

Cons

The training doesn't prepare you for the work requirements. Compliance is a necessary issue. There is no 'live' monitoring of phone calls which might eliminate bad habits before they form; otherwise it can be a 'luck of the draw' if the infraction is found. The computer system is DOS based and requires 'extra' steps to effect transactions.

Advice to Management

Ask your employees what motivates them instead of assuming that making call and message, utilization and other rates public that you are either shaming or encouraging performance. Expect more of your employees in terms of office decorum that promotes the business. Seriously consider the 'rewards' given aside from the ICP structure. Wearing jeans is not a motivator for me and I wonder how many others might agree.

RSS Feed </> Embed