Generations Network

Be The First To
Add Photos

Generations Network President and CEO Tim Sullivan

Tim Sullivan

My All Time Favorite Place to Work!

Document Preservation Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsPositive Environment
Great Leadership/Supervisors
Agreeable co-workers
Good Training
Good time-off request system
Management listens to employees
Excellent Benefits
Worthwhile work
When we got a new manager, he took time to get to know each employee and asked them what opinions they had and how we do our job. I felt like he was really listening and wanted to know how to improve the company.
Periodic reviews by supervisors were reasonable and offered good feedback, both positive and constructive.

ConsComputer system/equipment often had problems which slowed down the work...may have fixed this since I've been there though. Management was working to make changes there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake clear what expectations are.

Okay

Team Lead (Former Employee)
Orem, UT

ProsVery friendly environment
Goal Oriented
Detailed process to track projects
Considerate of things that happen outside of work
Good location

ConsUnsupportive Professional environment. Unclear expectations and support in completing projects.

Fantastic employer, good pay, good benefits

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Generations Network

ProsACOM has a number of different offices in the US and Internationally; I was in the main Provo, UT office. Lots of paid time off, fantastic benefits package. Subsidized lunches. Competent coworkers. Fantastic work/life balance. Really a fantastic company to work for.

ConsAfter going public, the atmosphere at Ancestry.com was much more "corporate".

a good place to work

I have been working at Generations Network

ProsIt's not very often you get to work for a company that actually can change people's lives. TGN is also an incredibly stable company. I never felt worried about my job being at risk of being layed off, and the leadership at the company has done a very good job of building healthy, sustainable growth in it's user base. I think The Generations Network is one of the most under rated internet tech companies operating today (probably because it is in Utah and not the silicon valley where the tech press is).

ConsThere are a lot of weird political issues for a company this small. I've worked at companies ten times larger than TGN that operated smoother. This isn't a huge issue though, and didn't keep me from enjoying my time there.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on trucking

Hidden Gem of an Internet company nestled in the Rockies

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Generations Network

ProsCompany with a great outlook. Industry leader in a vertical marketplace (online genealogy via online subscriptions). The company is in a great city for families and is minutes away from great snowboarding/skiing, hiking, cycling, etc. Located north of BYU, the employees of TGN are very educated and very ethical. Great flexibility with family/life balance, as I often work 25% from home and on saturdays when my hours for the week come up short.

ConsLack of unity across departments leads to decision making pissing fights and withholding of information.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on creating unity between marketing and the "support groups" (finance, IT, IS, etc)

Worked for Generations Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Generations Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Generations Network CEO Tim Sullivan. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Generations Network employees.