Genesis Health System

Douglas P. Cropper

Good

ProsPatient Safety is number 1

Consnone that I know of

Effective experience, good early opportunities, not suitable for long-term relationship.

ProsNice benefits/insurance; committee work is supported/encouraged; discounts & perks. Most employees are nice & courteous to each other (when employees are wearing their badges). Security is effective. Volunteering and community involvement is encouraged and appreciated.

ConsManagement is either micro-managing or out-of-sight/out-of-mind. Non-clinic leadership roles are heavily male. Recent restructuring impacted strong female leaders, which trickles down to female employees who looked at these ladies as mentors. No advancement opportunities for non-clinical staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's rough working for a "leader" who has one foot out the retirement door. Instead of counseling his staff with the recent restructuring, his advice was "I could have told them so." Requests for professional growth opportunities are quickly and quietly quashed; employees who communicate engagement struggles to leadership have been ignored. Relationship building isn't observed.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

First 10 years were okay. Last 5 not good, going downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and great benefits.Paid time off very good.Work schedule great.

ConsManagement has no pharmacy experience. Physical working conditions bad.Lack of help and work space means unsafe conditions. Antiquated technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to the people that do the work everyday.They know what's going on and what needs to be changed.Don't assume what you hear is true without talking to the employee first

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Genesis Medical Center is a highly progressive facility which cares for its patients and staff.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenesis has great managers who care about employees and its patients. It strives to retain great physicians and gives services to those who are underserved. Many of its services are provided to those who cannot afford to pay.

ConsWorking sometimes eight days in a row was a bit much at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to trust your long-time employees. They have devoted years of service to the organization because they believe in the care provided. Employees are the heart of an organization.

Help Desk

Help Desk (Former Employee)
    Kennett Square, PA

ProsNice to people and atmosphere to work in.

ConsIf you drive to work no place to park your car

Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners look at Genesis last for employment

Physician Assistant (Current Employee)
    Davenport, IA

ProsThe new CEO seems to be making an effort. I think he has been there 2 years.
    Most work atmospheres are positive. CEU opportunities through Genesis.
    My practice has very flexible physicians easy to work with.
    Most do not agree with the way I am treated by the Medical Management and Corporation.

ConsPhysician Assistants are not given contracts this was taken away from us several years ago. Let that be your first warning sign in the interview process. The industry standard for all mid level practitioners and physicians is to have a contract. Wages are frozen for PA's but not for physicians. Your job may be changed at anytime without warning. If a new physician comes into practice all new referrals are given to the physician, unless you are very verbal. Of course your income depends upon how much money you make for the practice. Directors of the Medical Group are very Doctor friendly don't expect to be part of the group, while reimbursement for CEU's etc continues to rise for this group it will not for us has not for years despite numerous efforts. Mindset is you can and will be replaced. Plenty of new graduates to take your place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore respect for the midlevels. Bring back the contract. Bring pay up to respectable levels. Take a long, hard look at the people you have over the Medical Staff. How about Genesis as a Magnet destination for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners? If safety and fiscal responsibility are important to you, this group should be very important to you. This group is the future of healthcare. They provide medical care to large portion of Genesis patients with good results. One day we may be taking care of you or one of your loved ones. Bring in the best to Genesis.

Worked for Genesis Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genesis Health System CEO Douglas P. Cropper. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Genesis Health System employees.