Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros
  • Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay(in 7 reviews)

• Close to home, great co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management(in 17 reviews)

• patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care(in 13 reviews)

GHC has it's ups and downs.

Director of Marketing and Admissions (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally the people who work here, make it worth working with the company. They do their best to support you in your role, with information either in person or on their central site. There are plenty of opportunities to advance if you're motivated to do so. If there's ever an out of the way question, or needed information, they will go far to find that answer for you.

ConsDepending upon where you are, you may feel like your voice is lost in a crowd at times, company is getting too large for particular problems and issues. They can be pretty slow to respond to particular inquiries at times, and also slow to hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management and higher ups at corporate should look at certain areas of the company and look into turn over, and why it happens.

Pretty Satisfied

ProsThe co-workers are awesome. Workload could get pretty overwhelming but that's everywhere when you are in healthcare.

ConsManagement can have some unrealistic expectations.

Genesis Rehab department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and great co-workers

ConsBenefits have been taken diminished as company has done worse, Very stressful environment that asks to do too much for little pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Place I have ever worked at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsPatients were the best part. Food is good. You can work as much as you want because most staff don't show up the next day so you have no choice .

ConsManagement is the worst part of the job. They spend most of the time with there favorites forgetting about the great employees they have. Special exceptions made for favorites. Shady sneaky management. Nothing stays in HR. The favorites are only favorites because they have major things over managements head so they get away with everything from calling out to lying and making false statements Etc..This is definitely a place to stay away from unless you love drama and low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire place needs all new management

I worked for Genesis for a little over 1 1/2 years

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsMy unit manager and ADON were great!!

ConsThe DON was just THE most miserable person I've ever worked for. The CNAs run the show and would outright refuse to follow the RN/LPNs directions then would lie when you complained to the DON-who ALWAYS took their side. The staff turnover was really high and for good reason. If you stayed there long enough you eventually quit or were fired for trumped up reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get management that actually have a degree in healthcare management.

Terrible place to work

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good to say about Genesis.

ConsAll the negative things you read is true. It is better to stay unemployed then to never work at all because you are really risking your nursing license working at this company.

i have had a very stressful and unsatisfying experience with Genesis Healthcare during the last two years.

SLP (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsI like the facility, the patients and staff of the therapy dept.

ConsVery unexperienced and rude area management who places unrealistic expectations on our PM and staff expecting overtime and weekend coverage from regular staff. There is limited coverage for vacation time and it is often denied. Hourly wages are not based on performance or experience but on what a person can negotiate with the area director. If she likes you, expect to make more money. The demands to keep patients on a caseload are unethical and we are often demanded to keep patients although we think they have reached potential. I have been asked to treat patients that are not appropriate for therapy, but the company wants the revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be a degreed person comparative to PT, SLP, OTR degrees. Management with lesser degrees have poor insight , communication skills, and are not viewed as professional by other staff. Upper management is out of touch with reality of therapy and more concerned with perception of the company,

Productivity, New documentation and decreased benefits.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike most places in healthcare now, your coworkers are the only pro.

ConsVery poor, expensive benefits, no tuition reimbursement, no matching 401k, new (poor)documentation c the same productivity expectations, poor pt care c emphasis on rugs and keeping Medicare pts well beyond their appropriate D/c.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour system for high productivity, high profits is no longer working...unethical billing and poor pt care is spreading like c diff in your facilities. Change your business model and start providing competent services.

Longest job I have held in my career... 7 years and counting....

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsCompany really does care, has excellent education opportunities, and quality care.

ConsCorporations are corporations... some things cant be helped. People often misunderstand reasoning behind big decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to remain as transparent as you can and don't forget what it was like to work the floor.

overwork and underpayed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe joy and the experience with working with seniors and using as a experience in a daily setting

ConsExpecting to do jobs unqualified for to keep down the cost of hiring someone with a degree or more qualified

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying money to workers will keep

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!