Genesis HealthCare
www.genesishcc.com Kennett Square, PA 5000+ Employees

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros:
  • "Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay"
    in 7 reviews
  • "They offered good benefits at the time"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management"
    in 16 reviews
  • "patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

good times, bad times, no better or worse than any other rehab company

PTA (Former Employee)
    Chester, PA

Prosgreat place to learn your discipline, great variety of patient diagnosis.
    rehab staff is great to work with,

Consproductivity expectations are unrealistic when you consider the geriatric population is mostly sick and tired, rarely does the day go smoothly to see all patients in such a way that ensures 90% productivity.

Advice to Senior Managementspend a day in a rehab gym and experience what challenges are present that get in the way of high productivity and treating patients for unreasonably high minutes.

Enjoyed the time I spent there

Regional Director (Former Employee)

ProsAnonymity, The bar is held high but the tools are afforded to those that accept the challenge

ConsI did not find any Cons to working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore exit interviews for departing employees would be advantageous

Company does not care about patients or staff

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Portsmouth, NH

ProsFellow staff were great and we tried to give the best care

ConsShort-staffed most of the time. Management didn't seem to care that patients were not getting the care they deserved and were paying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney is important but when it effects patient care and staffing then you need to hire new regional staff

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What can I say!

CNA (Current Employee)

ProsNeeded a job real fast.

ConsOther Employees in the same boat!

Advice to Senior ManagementRework the system...

Great corporation, poor management at this facility, revolving door, always short-staffed

Nurse (Former Employee)
    Mount Olive, NC

Prosgreat coworkers, teamwork, salary and benefits

Consmandatory non-optional increase in work days, secondary to staff shortage;threatened to reduce to every other weekend, part-time, which was to them: "the same as an employee giving notice", if we objected to working more than what was originally agreed upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor management, needs to consider hiring someone with a background in nurse management instead of letting the scheduler direct the nurses and be more involved with what is going on at the facility.

Genesis

ProsExcellent health care benefits. Flexibility in work schedules. At some facilities, a good atmosphere of mutual support among employees.

ConsHigh stress, low pay, especially at higher professional levels. Chronically understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a high turnover rate primarily due to work overload burnout. My guess is that any money the company gains by understaffing is lost through the constant training of new employees and customer dissatisfaction due to the instability the high turnover causes.

I've been with Genesis almost 2 years and I'm still happy since I wrote my first review.

Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee)
    Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

ProsGood people to work with; flexibility; good pay

Consthe usual cons working for a medicare focused rehab company

Advice to Senior Managementsome positive comments to us when we are doing well would be nice.

Avoid like the Plague!!

ProsGreat coworkers, many dedicated staff, but poor corporate managers

ConsVery poor & stressful working conditions; dangerous for quality patient care; Corporate leadership not to be trusted.

GNA

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat place to work for. Chance for overtime.

ConsMight work short sometimes. Can be very physical and emotional work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more.

Horrible Company!!!!!

Staff Nurse (Current Employee)
    Falmouth, MA

ProsThe staff, most of whom were at this facility BEFORE Genesis swept in, and all of whom do the best they can DESPITE administration,management, and corporate!!!!

ConsGenesis has recently sold and closed their Falmouth Mass facility. They have NOT been forthright or honest to employees or residents, and worse, to families of the residents. They Knew when the facility was bought that the physical aspects left much to be desired but they did NOTHING to repair or update anything and required only ONE maintenance person to keep up with all the problems.
         Now their Mashpee facility is in turmoil and once again Genesis is NOT being forthright!
    Everybody concerned is aware that this facility has ALSO been sold. Low staffing quota, inadequate available supplies, poor equipment and physical issues are not being addressed and management continues to assure stars, residents and families of residents that things will get better!!
          In a "nutshell" there are sooooo many cons about Genesis it would be impossible to list them!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTRY listening to employees' concerns, truly consider the needs of the residents and attempt to make the facility to be proud of!

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Genesis HealthCare Videos

Genesis HealthCare – Why Work for Us?

Move forward with confidence. That’s stability. That’s Genesis HealthCare. Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation therapy providers. In an industry that’s growing in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr. All 206 reviews posted anonymously by Genesis HealthCare employees.