Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros
  • Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay(in 7 reviews)

• Close to home, great co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management(in 17 reviews)

• patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care(in 13 reviews)

Ok

Dietitian (Former Employee)

ProsThe company tries to create a dynamic environment

ConsThis company overloads most employees, which causes a lot of turnover. When I was there that is why most people left when Genesis bought our buildings. Not that these people were scared of hard work, but Genesis made it ridiculous. They compromised care for paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosscope for growth, training and development

Consno work life balance. Senior management out of touch

Good and Bad

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) Hadley, MA

ProsSome great people and a good first job as a CNA. Lots of hard work and some fun.

ConsUnderpaid and over worked, too many changes going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid and train better

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Genesis is a company dedicated in delivering quality customer care.

Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsThe insurance benefits were affordable, the 401 k program is a helpful way to save and their wellness program encourages employee the maintain their health.

ConsThe exit packet is beneficial to the company but not exiting employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well established.

Love my job, co-workers & residents. Close to home and can be a relaxed work environment.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Beckley, WV

ProsClose to home, great co-workers. Great administrator but nursing management is awful. Love the job but underpaid for the responsibility and work load.

ConsFacility management poor, annual raise 15 cents. Not pro in education endeavors as they claim. Fairness is about the 'clicks' in which an employee belongs to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is horrible. New hires make more money than those who have been dedicated for years. Please look at raises. Its sad that as a license professional that the local grocery store clerk gets better raises. (0.15 - thats embarrassing). Take your annual employee surveys serious. Ours was horrible but there are no changes.

I have gained many wonderful relationships with co-workers and residents in the past 4yr with Genesis.

Rehab Office Coordinator (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsI enjoyed the therapy staff tremendously. It makes such a difference when you are with a team that works together!

ConsIt was tough when we were short staffed, because I had to carry a lot of the weight by myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key, no matter what role you are in, whether it be entry-level or management; I believe all staff should be treated equally and respectfully appreciated as well.

Poor Employee Appreciation

ADON (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsChallenging, good education offered from the corporate level.

ConsThey say one thing, than do another. Poor education in the facility, DON doesn't even follow policies of the company, but corporate sides with them anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to who you give a management position to.

Disappointing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are friendly, and online resources. Direct deposit. ROX is good

ConsDoesn't care, it's all about the money. They don't see the patient just the money behind it. Does not listen to employees. No guidance for new employees, orientation sink or swim.

Nice place to work

Physical Therapist (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood salary and benefits. Good employee relations

ConsRelatively high demand for daily responsibilities

Great place to grow

Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI have worked for Genesis since 2006. I have held several positions and have made many great connections and friendships. The company has tons of support for those interested in learning something new. The care is phenomenal.

ConsThe pay is somewhat low compared to other large healthcare companies.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!