Genesis HealthCare
www.genesishcc.com Kennett Square, PA 5000+ Employees

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros:
  • "Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay"
    in 7 reviews
  • "They offered good benefits at the time"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management"
    in 16 reviews
  • "patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good and Bad

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Hadley, MA

ProsSome great people and a good first job as a CNA. Lots of hard work and some fun.

ConsUnderpaid and over worked, too many changes going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid and train better

Love my job, co-workers & residents. Close to home and can be a relaxed work environment.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Beckley, WV

ProsClose to home, great co-workers. Great administrator but nursing management is awful. Love the job but underpaid for the responsibility and work load.

ConsFacility management poor, annual raise 15 cents. Not pro in education endeavors as they claim. Fairness is about the 'clicks' in which an employee belongs to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is horrible. New hires make more money than those who have been dedicated for years. Please look at raises. Its sad that as a license professional that the local grocery store clerk gets better raises. (0.15 - thats embarrassing). Take your annual employee surveys serious. Ours was horrible but there are no changes.

Genesis is a company dedicated in delivering quality customer care.

Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsThe insurance benefits were affordable, the 401 k program is a helpful way to save and their wellness program encourages employee the maintain their health.

ConsThe exit packet is beneficial to the company but not exiting employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well established.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have gained many wonderful relationships with co-workers and residents in the past 4yr with Genesis.

Rehab Office Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Lancaster, PA

ProsI enjoyed the therapy staff tremendously. It makes such a difference when you are with a team that works together!

ConsIt was tough when we were short staffed, because I had to carry a lot of the weight by myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key, no matter what role you are in, whether it be entry-level or management; I believe all staff should be treated equally and respectfully appreciated as well.

Nice place to work

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood salary and benefits. Good employee relations

ConsRelatively high demand for daily responsibilities

Great place to grow

Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsI have worked for Genesis since 2006. I have held several positions and have made many great connections and friendships. The company has tons of support for those interested in learning something new. The care is phenomenal.

ConsThe pay is somewhat low compared to other large healthcare companies.

GHC has it's ups and downs.

Director of Marketing and Admissions (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally the people who work here, make it worth working with the company. They do their best to support you in your role, with information either in person or on their central site. There are plenty of opportunities to advance if you're motivated to do so. If there's ever an out of the way question, or needed information, they will go far to find that answer for you.

ConsDepending upon where you are, you may feel like your voice is lost in a crowd at times, company is getting too large for particular problems and issues. They can be pretty slow to respond to particular inquiries at times, and also slow to hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management and higher ups at corporate should look at certain areas of the company and look into turn over, and why it happens.

Disappointing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are friendly, and online resources. Direct deposit. ROX is good

ConsDoesn't care, it's all about the money. They don't see the patient just the money behind it. Does not listen to employees. No guidance for new employees, orientation sink or swim.

overwork and underpayed

Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe joy and the experience with working with seniors and using as a experience in a daily setting

ConsExpecting to do jobs unqualified for to keep down the cost of hiring someone with a degree or more qualified

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying money to workers will keep

Pretty Satisfied

ProsThe co-workers are awesome. Workload could get pretty overwhelming but that's everywhere when you are in healthcare.

ConsManagement can have some unrealistic expectations.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Genesis HealthCare Videos

Genesis HealthCare – Why Work for Us?

Move forward with confidence. That’s stability. That’s Genesis HealthCare. Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation’s largest long-term care and rehabilitation therapy providers. In an industry that’s growing in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr. All 205 reviews posted anonymously by Genesis HealthCare employees.