Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com

Genesis HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare – “Kennett Clock Tower”

Genesis HealthCare CEO George V. Hager Jr.

George V. Hager Jr.

Pros
  • Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay (in 7 reviews)

• Close to home, great co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro-management on a daily basis from direct Program Manager as well as Upper Management (in 17 reviews)

• patient to staff ratio, management to focus on paperwork and not enough patient care (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Treated poorly as a therapist

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPatients (the reason I come to work)
    Genesis (the reason I hate work)

ConsTherapy managers and upper management never provide praise. They are critical, stone-faced and focused on BUDGET. Expect phone calls, emails, paperwork and talks from your boss about productivity. Your productivity will never be high enough, they just raise the bar. They make you worry about productivity and threaten you with write-up's for your employee file. FEAR! That is how they operate. Then they use PCH (pt care hours?!?) which is different and that is what you are judged on; however similar to productivity. Yet only managers have access to this special PCH report!?! It is all about the money and keeping things vague!!!! This company is about making their employees fearful and making money. They don't care about the patients or their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake productivity/ PCH requirements available. Invest in getting to know your therapists and the patients we serve. Take away threats of write-ups.

One of the best rehab companies around!

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsThis company sets the bar for providing excellent rehab services. They provide good clinical support and provide many opportunities to advance in the company.

ConsThere are some challenges regarding retaining employees and providing incentive compensation.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It has it's pros and cons

Gna (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsBenefits almost start immediately. Thorough orientation. One of the nicer facilities I've seen in LTC (even behind the scenes).

ConsOrientation not on the shift you'll be working (when things are a lot different on each shift). No real money for all the hard work especially in the area I live... hard to live off this income. Co-workers are more of an issue than the residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate another program to help employees further their education so they'll stay with the company and to have a lower turnover rate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always something new

Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) Ayer, MA

ProsGood environment, making residents smile, good coworkers

ConsDaily challenge to please all

Honestly, not the best place to work

Prosawesome coworkers, amazing residents, gained a lot of knowledge that will be useful in nursing school

Consabsolutely short staffed. 2 lnas for 32 dementia residents on a nightly basis. management doesn't seem to care. horrible stressful environment. morale is awful

Advice to Senior Managementget it together

Being treated unfairly and disrespectfully by company, HR lied to me and were unethical and unlawful

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsThe regular pay rate is not good at all. My program manager is really nice. So are my co-workers. The atmosphere in my rehab center is a pleasant one.

ConsTaking care of any personal things requiring HR involvement is a nightmare. I was told straight out lies. I was then punished for acting on the information I was mislead to believe. They were not courteous and helpful, and did some illegal things as well. I am really unhappy about the way they are making it so hard for me to handle personal HR problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducate your program managers and HR people about federal and state law regarding employee job protection. Treat employees with dignity at all times and do not put them down

Terrible place to work

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good to say about Genesis.

ConsAll the negative things you read is true. It is better to stay unemployed then to never work at all because you are really risking your nursing license working at this company.

I worked for Genesis for a little over 1 1/2 years

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsMy unit manager and ADON were great!!

ConsThe DON was just THE most miserable person I've ever worked for. The CNAs run the show and would outright refuse to follow the RN/LPNs directions then would lie when you complained to the DON-who ALWAYS took their side. The staff turnover was really high and for good reason. If you stayed there long enough you eventually quit or were fired for trumped up reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get management that actually have a degree in healthcare management.

Worst Place I have ever worked at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsPatients were the best part. Food is good. You can work as much as you want because most staff don't show up the next day so you have no choice .

ConsManagement is the worst part of the job. They spend most of the time with there favorites forgetting about the great employees they have. Special exceptions made for favorites. Shady sneaky management. Nothing stays in HR. The favorites are only favorites because they have major things over managements head so they get away with everything from calling out to lying and making false statements Etc..This is definitely a place to stay away from unless you love drama and low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire place needs all new management

Poor Employee Appreciation

ADON (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsChallenging, good education offered from the corporate level.

ConsThey say one thing, than do another. Poor education in the facility, DON doesn't even follow policies of the company, but corporate sides with them anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to who you give a management position to.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!