Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

www.genesishcs.org

Working as PCT / MST

Former Employee - Mst  in  Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Mst in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great insurance benefits - handy to have your bill deducted from paycheck.
    Pay is good for this part of Ohio.
    Very flexible schedules.
    Love, love, love 12hr shifts. Gives extra days off.

Cons

Self-evaluation process can actually allow you to hang yourself should you not meet goals that the company or yourself have set for the calendar year. You may miss out on getting a raise.
    Transferring from one dept/job to another is rumored to be muddied in the way that your current manager can request HR not allow you to transfer to the new dep/job. The employee may not be informed that their request has been blocked.
    However, should you earn a degree, transferring is no problem as you will not qualify to work in your previous position.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to work in a team environment. Benefits are also very good compared to other places I have worked.

Cons

I think that sometimes some of the policies were a little to rigid and I also think that there could be better staff to patient ratios for safety and care reasons.

Overall I think it is a good place to work. I think better communication with staff and praise when things go right would go along way.

A great place to work

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with a great group of people. I miss them. It is a great place to work.

Cons

A little bit of drama

Pay attention to your relationships with clinical coordinators. You don't want to seem to close. Employees won't feel comfortable to coming to you with problems. Clinical coordinators shouldn't be telling the ENTIRE department the issues of another employee. Such as why they requested a day off or that their mother is ill. ect

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

aide

Former Employee - Aide
    Former Employee - Aide

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) part-time for less than a year

Pros

none this place was bad

Cons

management, coworkers didnt do there job

Horrible place to work!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are very many smart compassionate employees who really care about the patients. I work with many nice and caring people.

Cons

I would advise anyone to say away from this place! The insurance is very expensive and covers very little. Of course you must use their Hospital and doctors. The medical staff is sub par, but treated as royalty. The Hospital is old, dirty and the equipment is very outdated. They time off policy is a joke. They don't even offer bereavement, you have to use your vacation. You can't even use the time off policy because they are so understaffed.You are constantly expected to stay many hours over your shift with no extra compensation. I do have a family and struggle to find a sitter who will watch my children 16 hours a day. Can't afford an in home nanny. I don't work in management.
    There is little communication from management .Policies are interpreted at the discretion of each department manager always to their benefit. Don't ever question a doctor, even if the outcome could be bad for the patient you will be fired. Employees are to bow down to every physcian because they bring in revenue. It's all about the mighty dollar. The new CEO has cut benefits and raises so he can make a name for himself by building a new hospital. Management knows they don't have to treat you fairly because there are many nursing schools in the area, and plenty of new grads to take your job if you quit or get fired. The morale is so low and everyone is constantly complaining. With the tight job market they have no choice. No compassion for employees or patients. Management doesn't know how to manage finances. Poorly run and always in the red. I would not go there for medical treatment of any kind even though I work there.

Treat your employees as human beings! If you build a new facility at the expense of your employees you have built nothing. Your employees make it what it is.

Family away from family, Even though I do not work directly w/ patients, my compassion is shown from within the kichen.

Current Employee - Food Service Associate  in  Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

Genesis offers alot of benefits, you earn PTO(Paid Time Off) that you can use for persnal use or have doc app.. You feel like you belong like the managements really values your abilities and accomplishments Also you can chose between 3 medical plans that best suits your needs. We live the Genesis mission and are proud to be chosen as one ogf the Top 100 hospitals. we have acheived alot.

Cons

Sometimes you may not get a day off for a week or more.

I think that the management offers more feedback to their employees now than in years passed. Every milestone we develope or accomplish the management is having open forums, putting info in the connections. I am proud of what you all have accomplished.

If you are in the middle you are ok...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

-For the area pay is good as long as you are salary (buy only option in the area)
    -Medical coverage is good, as long as you use Genesis docs, hospital, and pharmacy

Cons

-If you work on a unit, expect to get stepped on often
    -Once you accept that all doctors are god, even when they throw a chair across a room, then you will be fine
    -If you stand up to a doctor, even when they are wrong, you will be fired
    -Time off is a joke, first year is less that 14 days for sick, personal, all holiday, and vacation (even less if you are not full time). If you are a part time hourly employee you will earn about one shift off per 2 months (4 pays)
    -Management and team work is NOT encouraged...
    -Unless you have to work here, goto Newark (Licking memorial is wonderful) or Columbus

Management needs to get their nose out of their blackberries (playing games, reading news, sending inappropriate emails), and pay attention to the company. Genesis needs to leave the good ol boys club of south eastern ohio

Genesis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

Lots of great people at Genesis!

Cons

The politics are ridiculous.
    I think Matt Perry is very shielded as to what is really going on...

When will we see the day when SLT isn't constantly on their BBs during meetings? It's time to pay attention.

Our new CEO (Matt Perry) will lead us into a great future

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

The new CEO has the vision and drive to make the hospital a leader. The location in Ohio allow us to serve many needy communites. We have some of the best Doctors in their field practicing at Genesis.

Cons

The management that is left over from the last CEO need to fully embrace the new vision in order for us to grow. We need to do a better job in bringing in the fresh new ideas Mr. Perry has. The QA dept needs to do a better job of focusing on the things we do well and expand those instead of just focusing on the bad .

Evaluate the performance of current management and give them more direction or give someone else the chance to lead us into the future that MR. Perry wants

Good place to work, have learned alot, lots of good people working here

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

Good team members, good support for individuals on nursing units, but don't float into some units they treat you like the scum of the earth. Great learning expierences. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Minimal chance for advancement, unless you are part of the "in crowd". Poor time off for illness, doctor's excuses for missing time from work mean nothing. For a healthcare provider, employees are allowed only 3 days off a year for illness before being written up for attendence. No flexibility in schedules, pay could be better.Only certian individuals get the top pay raise every year. No pay raise if you have a written discipline action...they are punishing you like a child.

Get your heads out of your butts, and listen to what is important to your employees. You have a large number of caring and dedicated people working for you, treat them as such!

Worked for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)? Contribute to the Community!