Genesis10 Reviews

Reset
3.1
Genesis10 CEO Harley Lippman
Harley Lippman

Pros
  • The Genesis10 people are nice, but clueless (in 2 reviews)

• Overall a decent work environment (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Did not find another contract or contribute to extending the initial contract (in 2 reviews)

• Low pay, minimal time off, no raises at all no matter how long your tenure (in 2 reviews)

1. A very professional organization

Former Employee - Consultant, Content Developer in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant, Content Developer in Edina, MN

I worked at Genesis10 (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional. They are careful to behave professionally and to handle contracts professionally. They also make a contractor feel valued.

Cons

The cons are that a contractor is a contractor, but that does not reflect on Genesis 10.

Advice to Management

Steady on.

2. Genesis10 Rating

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time

Pros

Recruiters are easy to work with.

Cons

Misleading about actual job duties/requirements.

3. It project manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Genesis10

Pros

Great Team including management, recruiters, execs, etc.

Cons

If anything just that there need to be more on site resource managers as the current one is way overworked. But they still do a great job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

average experience due to contract limits

Former Employee - Systems Project Manager
    Former Employee - Systems Project Manager

I worked at Genesis10 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-a decent paying job with ok benefits -laptop for outside hours work that require late shift or early morning meetings, weekend work -follows standards and guidelines for pay

Cons

- the contracts are "budget" deals for the client of note so by nature this is not really employee need driven -the model involves very little supervision other than basic HR items -it's a contract model, so unless convert to client side for job, it's usually not a long term way to be in work force

Advice to Management

consider more creative means for client issues with co employment (e.g., one month off every 12 months as IBM does)

6. Well maintained..... But a body shop.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Genesis10 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are well maintained consulting firm, they maintain standards in on-boarding, payroll and legal departments.

Cons

They should put some effort in educating and interacting with the consultant, encourage their consultants in their career and help them to grow. Instead of just acting as a body shop.

7. Great Place to Work and Good People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Home grown right here in the USA -We help people get jobs! -No off-shore -Management has an open door policy -CEO is involved in each branch personally -If you're good and care about what you do there is opportunity for growth -Flexibility to make your own decisions at the local level

Cons

Every company has it's challenges, we're no different... It's always easy to focus on the negative, so I'll abstain and just focus on what keeps me coming into work every day. (the "Pros box")

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate your internal talent. Listen to the ideas of all levels and invest in the talent and technology that will take us to the next level.

8. Great place to make a career

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Genesis10 is understanding of work-life balance. Lot's of flexibility where and when I've needed it. - Compensation is not capped. As a top performers, I get paid top dollar. - I'm not treated like a number. Management understands who you are and has helped me through many difficult life situations throughout the years. - There are opportunities to grow up through the organization. Through my 10+ years, I've earned many promotions. - Company regularly donates $ and time to charitable events.

Cons

- Benefits are average but not great. - Some of the offices / buildings are a little outdated.

Only 6 months in and already I see the writing on the bathroom wall

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a job If you are good at what you do and even better at building bridges then you can get close to a high-level client exec and then thumb your nose at the completely useless Gen 10 management. Hard work pays off when you know someone who can override the contract company.

Cons

It will be nothing more than a job, ever. The business model is bulk pricing which is very attractive to the client. The drawback is they have a PMO full of contract labor that Gen10 attempts to "manage" with very poor equipment. So, so benefits, The most ridiculous attendance policy as far as the Delivery Center goes and the lie of over time at an increased rate. Good luck getting that. You will definitely work overtime to make the client happy and to support your coworkers who are the only bright spot on this train wreck of a headache. Get paid for it? Negative. Also don't plan on coming anywhere near the Delivery Center at night. It is in an unpleasant part of town. Work late and need to walk out to your car? No, you don't . Sleep there. Want to work from home where you will get twice as much done on actual working monitors that are not from the turn of the century? Nope. They will quote contractual crap but if you check with the client manager, AVP's, VP's and evern P's ... They don't care so long as it gets done. It's unprofessional, the pay is below scale, the office is old and smelly. The cubes are left over from Inferno 77' the movie. The local management lives behind a locked door. There are cameras they will cite as reasons why you shouldn't be paid because you left an hour early Thursday even though you worked all weekend, every weekend. It just flat out stupid. Gig the sweatshop for while and then move on to an actual career with options.

Advice to Management

Advice to management? Hire some management and I'll be happy to advise them. The monkeys currently running around throwing poo at quality PM's are not Managers.. they're monkeys... and they throw poo. Ick

Gen 10 -- great company to work for!

I worked at Genesis10

Pros

These people are pros! They do a great job of getting to know their consultants strengths, etc. and placing them in firms where they can flourish.

Cons

there are not cons i am aware of!

Dealt with some great people!

Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Genesis10 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As in any company, it depends on who you are working with. My experience with the NY staff of Genesis10 was nothing but pleasant. They seemed to know what they're talking about, frequently explaining processes and timeframes in order to manage expectations.

Cons

Benefits are not that great.

RSS Feed </> Embed