Genesis10 Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014

Genesis10 CEO Harley Lippman
Harley Lippman

Treated like a person and not a number.

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- I've made a career at Genesis10. I have taken advantage of the plentiful opportunities to move up through the ranks.
    - Genesis10 typically hires from within
    - I have always been treated as a person and not just as a number. When I've had sick family members, I've been given incredible flexibility to take care of them. When I was called up by the military (reserves), the owner and CFO both gave their home numbers to my wife in case she needed anything.
    - There is no cap on the amount of money I can make. I've made an incredible income for my family over the years because of the opportunities afforded to me and the commissions and bonus structure in place.

Cons

- At times, it can take longer than I would like to get responses needed on somewhat urgent issues.
    - I have less vacation days than what I would like.

Continue to grow your employees from within by giving them the opportunities to grow and advance. Continue to treat your employees like people.

Enjoyed Genesis10

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, fast paced, family oriented

Cons

Manual Processes, pricey benefits, Quiet office at times

Great staffing agency that takes care of their talent for the long-term

Current Employee - Associate Project Coordinator  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Project Coordinator in Madison, WI

I have been working at Genesis10 as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Incredible support and communication from the Genesis10 team while working onsite with clients. Truly caring of the welfare of their talent, strategically planning for next placement as contracts get close to expiring. Excellent pay for high-level professional positions. Great benefits including options for medical, dental, vision, and 401K.

Cons

The only cons are the inherent instability of staffing, as the agency cannot control the hiring client's decisions to renew or continue contracts. No paid vacation time, as positions are hourly. Would love to have them expand their client base in my city, for more opportunities to work with Genesis10.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short term work

I worked at Genesis10 as a contractor

Pros

They respond will to those they see a candidates for their position and the on boarding process is quick.

Cons

The work they offer to candidates are only short-term work lasting only a few months. I was told they only work with long term contacts and I found myself out of work twice within a few months

Need to work better with communication with possible candidates on the length of contracts. most of out there are looking some permanence with longer contracts and not just 3 three months or shorter.

Hurry up and place candidate without knowing job requirements

I worked at Genesis10 as a contractor

Pros

Good pay to start with

Cons

No follow up on bad placement

Find out about both sides of placement before placing to ensure success

Only as a last resort

I have been working at Genesis10 as a contractor

Pros

Opportunity to move between companies. The contract with some major firms in the area.

Cons

No paid time off. No regard for contractors, you're just a revenue generating body.

Well developed project management process, flat salary

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility of work, strong client understanding of project management processes

Cons

Flat salary, ok benefits, contract limited to 36 months

Start giving wage increases for retention

The best consulting firm in the Twin Cities/MN!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Genesis10 as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding recruiters! Took time to get to know me and what I was looking for. Definitely a unique experience from most other staffing firms in MN.

Cons

Would love to see even more companies - would work with them every time if I could.
    They do hourly consulting only for PMs so if you're new to consulting, this might be too much risk to take on initially.

One of the best Firms in Minneapolis to work with!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Genesis10 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depth of Clients, One of the best recruiter I have worked with. AWESOME Benefits!

Cons

They do not carry a pay bench.

Keep Expanding and breaking into more clients.

Little to no direction on the support side and no consideration of you although it makes money off your talents.

Former Employee - Warm Body to Bill From  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Warm Body to Bill From in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Genesis10 as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard to find but the other consultants are very helpful, nice and professional.

Cons

Were do I start. First level Management (those who run the "Delivery Centers") are pretty poor. At least those supporting the large bank side. The Recruiter I had/have is not in line with the company information listed on their website. This guy could care less about your work.life balance but then again the managers don't either so I guess he is in line with something. These delivery centers are simple housing for cubes as I have not seen anything were ideas flow or are encouraged to actually help support the client. And there are a TON of opportunities to help the large bank they have a contract with. An unless you support some archaic idea to be at a desk (the job is totally virtual mind you) managers and recruiters become invisible. I have yet to understand what they actually do other then "Welcome aboard" and "here is the laptop". Once on-boarding is done, you might hear from them to beat into you the some useless requirement that the bank people could care less about, does nothing to help you do the job, nor helps from a consultant perspective. If you just want to make some money between unemployment and the next true career move, work here for 6 months and then bail. Maybe the bank will transition you but DO NOT consider being with this firm anything other than a paycheck. Take your shower after the deed for the day, keep searching for your next job

Nothing other then to either quit and allow real leadership to make this a classy useful place to work and for the client. (what is odd is that the bank can find folks themselves but use this firm). Also thing of ways to add value other then a warm body you can bill for. The bank needs are ton of help with processes but no one, from what I can see, is trying to take advantage of this void and compete with true consulting firms. Finally, make this a great place to work. Simply search on company that are rated very high from the employee perspective and you will see companies that provide great service from the client perspective. Implement what they are doing on the inside and then your outward appearance will be a lot better too. However, if you are just looking ti bill and have managers (if you can even call them that) feel good about themselves, keep doing what you are doing. But my outlook is going to get better. Guess why?

Worked for Genesis10? Contribute to the Community!