Genesys

Genesys Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre

Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Most work is done by email and LAN anyway, so it's no problem to work from home(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The influence of Alcatel-Lucent while I was there was detrimental to the atmosphere of the team(in 11 reviews)

• Genesys is primarily owned by a European private equity firm (Permira), which might concern some but they are quite supportive and growth oriented(in 5 reviews)

A good starting point (marketing ops)

Marketing Database Intern (Former Employee) Daly City, CA

Pros- The current senior marketing database manager permitted me room for growth.
    - Supportive of my success and gave me a shining reference (even created an opening for me even though I ended up having to decline the offer).

Cons- I did not have a grasp of our product despite being on the marketing team..
    - Not much visibility if you're an intern; but I guess it would not be the best use of time to fill-in an intern with your business strategies anyhow.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep encouraging growth. It helps foster talent and success. You will see a return in a more happy, efficient, and creative employee.

Genesys HR Representative responded to this review

May 23, 2014

Thanks for posting! You’ve given us some valuable insight. We want all of our employees, interns included, to understand the product better, so that’s a place we can definitely improve! Your feedback ... More

Good pay, but success based primarily on politics.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsSmart people as individuals, competitive environment not conducive to collaborative

ConsLack of clear objectives and budget

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees

Genesys SVP, Human Resources responded to this review

Jul 25, 2014

Thank you for posting your concerns; I’m sorry we won’t have a chance to address them with you personally. I’ll be sure to share your comments related to your former department with the appropriate ... More

My overall experience with this company has been neutral, not great, not horrible.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsPlenty of room for growth, Competitive Salaries, Striving to go public

ConsHQ Location, Public generally unaware of product, older workforce

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company with a startup feel

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsInnovative, rapidly growing company fueled by a culture receptive to new ideas. People are supportive and easy to collaborate with. Genesys is an easy place to contribute and have fun along the way.

ConsDue to the business changes and acquisitions, things are a bit siloed and chaotic at times. This results in good opportunities to improve the business. I see things only getting better as the company matures.

Great workplace environment, loads of upside

Pros- Proactive culture, empowering employees
    - High revenue growth and profitability
    - Frequent employee centered events with executive management
    - Opportunities for promotion and advancement

Cons- Some coworkers have not made the change to a faster paced environment since new owners took over.
    - Daly City weather can be cold and foggy in otherwise pleasant Bay Area summer

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. This is our year.

Positive (a bit overly so) work environment. Some directions to grow.

Pros-Very positive and strong attempt to maintain a company culture, though the company is so big that it often feels forced and ineffective, albeit genuine. Example: a company facebooky type thing that has no real value and most people don't really use
    -Upper management is good at keeping everyone informed
    -Lots of offers for internal classes and education

Cons-Not sure when/where use of those classes would really happen
    -So big and so many products, nobody knows what they all are
    -So much information everywhere, it's almost overwhelming to know what's salient to you

Strong company with lots of momentum.

Business Development (Current Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsPotential for IPO. Global presence. Market leadership in growing sector - Customer Experience Management. Well regarded by customers and analysts. Strong and differentiated technology. Large and growing cloud presence.

ConsDaly City location is a bit out of the way for employees on the Peninsula. It is a nice spot, but always shrouded in fog. Did I mention the lack of sun here?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Fun place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsGreat place to learn. A lot of great people to work with, and many opportunities to travel.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy has led to working on projects difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the developers also have a say sometimes, or notice their work, not just their managers.

Entering a challenging period

Sales Account (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to earn, career movement

ConsLack of personal opportunities, much tighter restrictions, doubling salesforce meanings less territory

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate

Good company with good people, but an overall lacking of company cohesiveness.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daly City, CA

ProsIt is easy to work at and be proud of your work at a company that has great products to sell.

ConsLack of communications between departments and within departments. Minimal to no training for new employees.

Worked for Genesys? Contribute to the Community!