Genesys

Updated March 3, 2015
4.3

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• home offices and satelite offices can seem quite disconnected from head office in Daly City (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great People. Fun learning environment. Good experience

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Many knowledgeable and fun people to work with. I have learned a lot in the marketing department. Learned a lot of new skills and software.

Cons

The only con that I have about this company is that my commute is 3 hours(personal problem)

My management is great. They do there best to help me and keep me busy with projects that help me learn.

A satisfying place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is very intelligent. It makes you feel good. People are all very sociable as well which means you can get a handshake and a smile every 5 steps around the office. Hours are flexible, time in the office is flexible, PTO is flexible making it much easier to start a family or work on side projects and hobbies. My direct management team is great to work with and we look out for each other.

Cons

Minor inconvenience of working with worldwide teams and customers at late or early hours (and mutually them with us).

I love working here. The culture is great.

Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Fun and supportive people to work with.

Cons

Slow promotion and paid raise is low.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom and trust to do your job, great work environment, committed management.
    Would recommend highly to a job seeker.

Cons

The company is very entrepreneurial. not a bad thing but, you need to roll up your sleeves.

The team makes all the difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A company on current and dynamic expansion.
    Flexible work schedule and telecommute options
    A little heavy on the projects side while resources are not available fast enough.
    If you work with a team that helps each other, you accomplish your goals. I'm fortunate to be in one such team.

Cons

It's getting a bit heavy on the projects demand list while resources have not been alloted to them.

Standing on the verge of greatness

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Home office, innovative, flat organization, customer focused

Cons

current ownership, promoting from within is difficult and always leads to compensation issues - where Genesys don't pay the person what they are worth

Look at the good people who work for the company and have been promoted through the ranks - don't put them in a position where they have to leave and come back to be paid what they are worth in the market

Genesys gets it

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Genesys has gone out of their way to build new offices in multiple locations around the world for each of the companies that they've purchased. I know of one instance where they built two new offices for one company, when they could've easily shut down one of them. And these aren't dinky offices either - it's kind of a spare-no-expense, show new employees that this company is run by folks who have spent years in the trenches and are now paying it forward.

Cons

Would be great to see the pace of integration pick up, but also understand that it's about priorities. Keeping customers happy by not upsetting the status quo comes first; and that a lot of integration can, and probably should, happen organically.

Keep leading by example.

Great company for peace of mind

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Genesys as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Solid management, great team work and a growing company. Genesys treats their employees like human beings and not robots. This promotes longevity with employment.

Cons

Would like to see more full time positions vs contract positions.

Genesys Response

Jan 9, 2015HR Representative

Thank you for the positive review. It’s true that our employees tend to stick around - which we also think is an indicator we’re doing something right. We think that our “family table” approach is a ... More

Truly One of the Top 50 Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow employees have such a passion about Genesys and the customer experience space, it is truly inspiring. The work life balance is good. The owners and executive team have the right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. We have made huge investments the last years into everything from R&D to Services to Marketing to Sales. People genuinely care about our customers, our partners, and their fellow employees. Paul Segre is a great CEO.

Cons

A lot of change has occurred the last 3 years and it will continue to occur so if yo du like change, Genesys might not be the place for you.

Keep up what you are doing!

Great culture!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Genesys is a great place to work for self motivated and highly energetic people. People are happy and enthusiastic about the solutions Genesys offers. Genesys is a true customer experience focused organization and cares about their customers. Tom Eggemeier, EVP Global Sales, is an excellent sales leader who is always willing to help in the sales process. He is enthusiastic and leads by example!

Cons

Would like the integration efforts to speed up.

Continue to be transparent as the company grows.