Genesys Reviews

241 reviews filtered by
4.3
Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• home offices and satelite offices can seem quite disconnected from head office in Daly City (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Truly One of the Top 50 Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow employees have such a passion about Genesys and the customer experience space, it is truly inspiring. The work life balance is good. The owners and executive team have the right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. We have made huge investments the last years into everything from R&D to Services to Marketing to Sales. People genuinely care about our customers, our partners, and their fellow employees. Paul Segre is a great CEO.

Cons

A lot of change has occurred the last 3 years and it will continue to occur so if yo du like change, Genesys might not be the place for you.

Keep up what you are doing!

2. Working at Genesys is like a dream come true. It's better than working at Google or Facebook!

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I truly feel this is the best company I have ever worked for. San Francisco office is awesome! They have ping pong tables, 20K+ coffee machines that make better coffee and hot chocolate than Starbucks itself. They bring fresh fruits like grapes, pears, plums, apples, and bananas every morning. They have free soda drinks and snacks. On Thursdays they provide hot lunches. Employees at Genesys are liberal, open minded and uniquely different. This really resonates well with me. Genesys embodies these values and celebrates being different far more than any other company I have worked at. Even the higher up managers are friendly and approachable. They have an open door policy. If you don't like something or have an idea, don't hesitate to speak to the manager at Genesys. They are very welcoming and love hearing you out. At the office, they support all of the cultural people that work here. We have groups from India, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Germany, Spain, Japan, China, Brazil and others. So many techies and great people work here who really know what multicultural means. Genesys has high potential to grow in the next couple of years. I am really excited about my future here.

Cons

I really don't see any cons. I only wished Salt Lake City office was as big as San Francisco office.

Keep the same spirit you currently have going at Genesys. Your employees are very happy and satisfied with the work-life balance that Genesys provides. Let's not lose that!

3. Best place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Management Team
    Great Benefits
    Career Development
    Engaging Company Mission
    Desire of growth and improvement
    Best Company I've ever worked for

Cons

As any other company, there are opportunities and it is noticeable how management works non stop to improve identified opportunity areas.

Continue the good job!

5. Great People. Fun learning environment. Good experience

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Many knowledgeable and fun people to work with. I have learned a lot in the marketing department. Learned a lot of new skills and software.

Cons

The only con that I have about this company is that my commute is 3 hours(personal problem)

My management is great. They do there best to help me and keep me busy with projects that help me learn.

Mar 6, 2015SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for writing and for the positive feedback. I am sorry to hear your commute is so bad - this is not an uncommon problem in an urban environment. However, many roles at Genesys are telecommute ... More

6. It is a great company to work for!

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mid-size company with flexible culture that you can work w almost anyone.Top tier leader in the industry. Lots of technologies and very rich portfolio. Strong investment in cloud business.

Cons

The target market is still growing, but the rate is slowing a little. It is challenging to expand the business into the adjacent markets.

Erratic

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Company is working on setting up and documenting procedures employees will be evaluated on. Salaries and Bonuses are good.

Cons

Management is not in agreement on the procedures so evaluations are different based on manager. Reorg weekly so employees manager changes frequently and they have no background on employees abilities. Many lay offs have occurred reducing number of knowledgeable, experienced programmers to work on projects. They are repeatedly taken off of projects to help out another customer in trouble leaving no one to work on previous project.

Sarcasm and belittling is not a productive way to manage a dwindling workforce.

Mar 20, 2015SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for posting. Glad to hear you think our salaries and bonuses are competitive; we have been fortunate enough to be able to pay bonuses for the past several years. Regarding some of your ... More

8. A satisfying place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is very intelligent. It makes you feel good. People are all very sociable as well which means you can get a handshake and a smile every 5 steps around the office. Hours are flexible, time in the office is flexible, PTO is flexible making it much easier to start a family or work on side projects and hobbies. My direct management team is great to work with and we look out for each other.

Cons

Minor inconvenience of working with worldwide teams and customers at late or early hours (and mutually them with us).

9. Overall a good experience with some really nice people.

Former Employee - Manager in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are very nice, lot of learning opportunities if one is willing to work hard and pays reasonably well.

Cons

Work long hours, not enough systems in place to do proper reporting and lot of manual work..

Take better care of employees and maintain work-life balance

I love working here. The culture is great.

Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Fun and supportive people to work with.

Cons

Slow promotion and paid raise is low.

Mar 6, 2015SVP, Human Resources

I am happy to hear that you enjoy working here! Genesys really is a great place to work and compensation is only one factor. I always recommend that people talk to their manager, VP or HR partner ... More

11. Great Experience

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom and trust to do your job, great work environment, committed management.
    Would recommend highly to a job seeker.

Cons

The company is very entrepreneurial. not a bad thing but, you need to roll up your sleeves.