Genesys

Updated September 16, 2014
4.1

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Most work is done by email and LAN anyway, so it's no problem to work from home (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The influence of Alcatel-Lucent while I was there was detrimental to the atmosphere of the team (in 11 reviews)

• Genesys is primarily owned by a European private equity firm (Permira), which might concern some but they are quite supportive and growth oriented (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

The trajectory of my career improved dramatically by coming to Genesys

Current Employee - CSM
    Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people working in a dynamic environment. This is an up and coming company with a robust suite of services that cover SMB to Enterprise markets. Genesys supplies best of breed solutions for Contact Centers of all sizes. I really enjoy working for this company.

Cons

The cloud division has been grown through acquisition and there has been a transition period converting legacy clients into Genesys clients, but that's to be expected.

Great Company with Passionate Employees

Current Employee - Finance  in  Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Global company doing some fantastic work for some of the best companies in the world. Fantastic management team focused on customer success. Incredibly flexible and dynamic company ideal for people who want to make a difference. Company is financially stable and continues to invest for the long term.

Cons

Incredible growth over the past few years with acquisitions and organic growth has created a lot of changes. Transitioning and change is always difficult but Genesys will be better positioned once the tactical portion of the work is complete.

Continue to make our customers successful and continue to be the leader in our industry and hire the best people with this mindset.

Awesome company to work for, Leader in it's space, Opportunities to excel...

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leaders in our industry, Great technology, Awesome people, Progressive HR policies and benefits, Seasoned managment, Virtual workforce culture, Entrepreneurial environment. All the right ingredients for those with the ambition to make a difference and contribute at a high level while being rewarded in the process. Love working and being a contributing team member at Genesys!

Cons

None unless one thinks hard work and being given challenging yet rewarding assignments is a Con...

Keep our Mission and Values in front of everyone - we have the right stuff!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovate In All We Do!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genesys is Awesome! I’m a part of the HR team, and very excited to work for a genuine, dynamic, and customer-focused organization. Our department doesn’t conduct business in a vacuum, we’re encouraged to be engaged in the business, help each other find solutions to issues that arise, and to take take risks (when appropriate).

Our culture made up of teamwork, collaboration, and fun (Yes, FUN in HR!). Our HR leaders constantly set healthy examples of team collaboration, offer us various training and development opportunities, and make it a point to share critical information that truly grows our careers. Moreover, as Genesys engages the “Social” workforce, we're reminded of our growing efforts to retain and attract fresh, innovative and dynamic talent around the globe!

There are a variety of happy hours, anniversary/birthday celebrations, and office lunches to meet new peers from our office or other global offices. I find these events allow me to break silos and meet/network with new work friends, while bonding over a game life-sized Jenga, pop culture trivia or the all-famous photo booth (with props, of course!).

Cons

Like any innovative company, growing pains occur as a result of building out new internal infrastructures and blending new cultures from our recent acquisitions. That said, Paul (Our CEO) and the ExComm team have gone to great efforts (via company meetings, product workshops, email updates and intranet resources) to keep the company informed and focused on what’s important, and that’s our customers!

Keep the communications coming as milestones are made. Happy Employees = Happy Customers!

A Great Company!

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

The best part about working at Genesys are the People! People are intelligent, creative and genuinely nice!
    Genesys has created a great community by hosting many different events that allow employees from different departments to meet and build connections.
    Genesys also gives back to the community with Make A Difference! Employees are able to volunteer for different events throughout the year.
    Genesys is also a place that encourages you to think outside the box. A place where you are heard and your opinion is valued!

Cons

Genesys has been growing so fast in the last few months that it has been a little overwhelming but with great co-workers, the adjustment has been good!

Strong Company with Great People

I have been working at Genesys for more than 10 years

Pros

Genesys has a great working environment - they are employee focused and recognizes hard work. They promote internal training to ensure all employees have the skills needed on all aspects of their jobs. Genesys is heavily involved in the local community and also provide fun activities for all.

Cons

Many changes in the last year which are all positive but with change comes confusion especially with so many remote offices. Moral can be low at times due to internal re-org taking longer than expected but I know that is something that will definitely be fixed in the near future.

Building a better world by unleashing the power of great customer experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I know it's been said before but I'll say it again, Genesys is great to work for because of our Leadership team and the energy they have that filters down to all teams. Everyone works together to get end results.

Cons

With acquisitions comes uncertainty and in my position keeping morale high can be a slight challenge but manageable and results are good in opportunities to improve business.

Positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like working at Genesys because of the people I work with. It is a fun atmosphere. Everyone is committed to delivering a great product and the company vision of the future is growth and success. They promote individual growth and help you to do your best.

Cons

Too many emails that don't need to be sent. When their are meetings or conference calls sometimes the communication isn't the best on how to access or their are issues once you are on.

Offer more opportunities to those already within the company of new positions opening in any of the departments.

Genesys is a fun and exciting place to work at.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co workers, fun environment where we have fun activities in the office. Always new things to do and growing opportunities.

Cons

In the acquisitions sometimes its a little chaotic and employees feel a little lost in the crowd. But only good has come from growing and expanding.

Good company, nice people

I have been working at Genesys as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The company is honestly interested in learning and growing, and trying to do the best for its employees. There are a lot of kind people who work there, and they are trying hard to retain that value. There is a growing awareness that this is a global company and recognition of that fact in the services and messaging to the employees.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to get people to make decisions, or to understand who the stakeholders are. Unearthing information for a project is sisyphean at times. There are perceived deltas between the new people and the old people that will get troublesome over time.

Keep up the good work on employee communication, and continue to focus on developing thoughtful, informed managers. Keep elevating the conversation about what kind of company Genesys wants to be.

Worked for Genesys? Contribute to the Community!