Genesys Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
4.4

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The influence of Alcatel-Lucent while I was there was detrimental to the atmosphere of the team (in 11 reviews)

• Constant lay-offs which contribute to the work-life balance issue (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

10+ years and this is still a great company!

Current Employee - Product and Marketing in Daily, ND
    Current Employee - Product and Marketing in Daily, ND

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Genesys is a very innovative company. The CEO is passionate about the company, employee's and solutions. The technology is light years ahead of the competition and Genesys is well positioned to continue to stay as a market leader. Genesys offers many options for career advancement and promotions. It can take time, but it will happen if you put in the effort and stay focused on execution.

Cons

Internal processes can be a little challenging. Many have improved since divesting from Alcatel, but still some remain. Focus can also be a challenge for employees. Balancing short and long term objectives, which can change dynamically can be difficult, but not unusual for a fast growing market leader.

Genesys has a great leadership team and they know what they are doing. They are very aware of our strengths and weaknesses and our CEO is the right leader to continue our great execution. Stay the course, focus on execution and always remember this is a team effort. So many people make so many personal sacrifices to make Genesys a great company. People need to be recognized at every level and frequently that their effort count and are visible. Take a little more time to remind people they are visible. It's amazing what a hallway conversation, quick phone call or e-mail can mean to a hard working employee.

Excellent working atmosphere with bright coworkers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Challenging projects with great support from team members. Excellent technical staff open to innovation. A good combination of dynamic work environment and a stable core team with slow turnover.

Cons

Salaries somewhat lower than average in the industry.

Open time off system is open to misinterpretations in both directions - I have heard of cases of employees fearing management and failing to take time off in cases of real need.

Great corporate culture -- one team pulling together toward the corporate goals and innovation.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is very open-door, friendly, casual, and not as level conscious as many hjgh tech companies.
    Excellent top down messaging - you know where top management wants to go and where we stand so far on that journey,
    Virtual office works great and offers some time zone variety for supporting other employees in 80 other countries.

Cons

It's so casual that people often forget to use last names. if you're one of three Beckys, that can result in some email confusion.

Keep it up! Keep innovating the org and portfolio as a way to adjust to customers needs. This focus molds Genesys to continue to be the top market leader in the customer experience sector.

Genesys Engenders Loyalty

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

At a time when moving from company to company seems fashionable, Genesys engenders the deepest loyalty you might see in the software industry. There is a sincere focus on the welfare of the employee. Genesys works you hard, but honestly respects the employee's need to maintain a proper work-life balance by providing all sorts of work-style accommodations.

Cons

Direction the company is taking toward the cloud can seem daunting at times, but it is a clear and vital direction to take.

Be sure to understand the basis for the good will your employees show you and maintain the support you have for promoting their welfare.

Genesys Response

Oct 20, 2014HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to post! We'd love to hear more specific feedback if you feel comfortable sharing it with HR, we definitely want to stay on the right track.

A great environment to work in

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great high tech company growing aggressively and hiring high quality people. Environment is fun and I am fairly compensated for what I do. There is a high quality level of people who work here that are vested in making Genesys successful

Cons

The organization has grown so fast it's difficult for us to keep up with the group with a strong infra structure. Genesys is trying to hire people to create these strategies and I am confident that they will get there.

Genesys Response

Oct 16, 2014HR Representative

Thanks for the feedback. It's true that we are are growing quickly and that does bring difficulties sometimes. We'll keep working on building sensible infrastructure to support our growth, and we ... More

I'm empowered to do the job.

Current Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel empowered to address any obstacle, gap or frustration. I have a voice, I'm heard and respected by my peers and leadership. I always feel that my career can expand and take on new meaning. I also work with super talented and wickedly smart group of folks!!

Cons

We don't have enough hours in the day to do what we do best. Our business evolves quickly and a day is never the same.

Very Positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Your co-workers and the product are phenomenal

Cons

The company is too driven\managed by accounting rules.

Invest more in lowering the TCO of Genesys solutions not just how to get the extra buck out of customers.

Great Company with Passionate Employees

Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global company doing some fantastic work for some of the best companies in the world. Fantastic management team focused on customer success. Incredibly flexible and dynamic company ideal for people who want to make a difference. Company is financially stable and continues to invest for the long term.

Cons

Incredible growth over the past few years with acquisitions and organic growth has created a lot of changes. Transitioning and change is always difficult but Genesys will be better positioned once the tactical portion of the work is complete.

Continue to make our customers successful and continue to be the leader in our industry and hire the best people with this mindset.

Awesome company to work for, Leader in it's space, Opportunities to excel...

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leaders in our industry, Great technology, Awesome people, Progressive HR policies and benefits, Seasoned managment, Virtual workforce culture, Entrepreneurial environment. All the right ingredients for those with the ambition to make a difference and contribute at a high level while being rewarded in the process. Love working and being a contributing team member at Genesys!

Cons

None unless one thinks hard work and being given challenging yet rewarding assignments is a Con...

Keep our Mission and Values in front of everyone - we have the right stuff!

The trajectory of my career improved dramatically by coming to Genesys

Current Employee - CSM
    Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people working in a dynamic environment. This is an up and coming company with a robust suite of services that cover SMB to Enterprise markets. Genesys supplies best of breed solutions for Contact Centers of all sizes. I really enjoy working for this company.

Cons

The cloud division has been grown through acquisition and there has been a transition period converting legacy clients into Genesys clients, but that's to be expected.