Genesys Reviews

Reset
4.0
Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • You can enjoy a work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Everyone is willing to help if they have the time (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• Satellite offices can feel a bit disconnected from main Daly City office (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Truly One of the Top 50 Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow employees have such a passion about Genesys and the customer experience space, it is truly inspiring. The work life balance is good. The owners and executive team have the right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. We have made huge investments the last years into everything from R&D to Services to Marketing to Sales. People genuinely care about our customers, our partners, and their fellow employees. Paul Segre is a great CEO.

Cons

A lot of change has occurred the last 3 years and it will continue to occur so if yo du like change, Genesys might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing!

2. Great things are Happening and their are more to come!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genesys is truly a family. We care about each other. We want people to succeed in all facets of their life. One of the things I admire about this leadership is their ability to give employees the space to create. An example of this is Elevate. This group of youngish professionals wanted to connect with senior leadership, so they did. They hosted a Happy Hour with Tom Eggemeier, giving fireside chat. With the success of this event, they plan on having more. This is just one example of having an idea and getting the support from senior leadership to make it happen.

Cons

Better coffee makers on all of the floors, not just the 9th.

Advice to Management

Lead with intention. Be aware that both your actions and inactions have an impact.

3. Bigger Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

A good place to work.

Cons

The second floor and third floor should get to know each other.

Advice to Management

Get to know people.

5. great Company

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people and great dynamic

Cons

compensation, should be corrected to market rates

Disillusioned Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule and ability to WFH.

Cons

No career development, just a job. Heavily siloed. Too much process & much of it unclear. Not an iconic company. Lagging behind others with employee perks. Over worked. Too many egos, collaboration between teams can be difficult. Reliance on contractors. No longer believe in the company and what we're selling.

Advice to Management

A big shake-up is needed. Need clarity around the IPO.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Hamilton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Hamilton, OH

I have been working at Genesys (More than a year)

Pros

Good company atmosphere, willing to spend money

Cons

Not much value on the individual people. All about the bottom line.

8. Allowed to take responsibility for my own work happiness

Current Employee - R&D
    Current Employee - R&D

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

More than anything, Genesys allows me to be creative about how I contribute. Reading through Glassdoor reviews, the detractors clearly are not taking responsibility for their own happiness at Genesys. Contrary to their depiction, Genesys is one of those rare places where, if you can show a creative solution to a problem or have a legitimate idea, R&D management will let you give it a try, and even see it through. Advancement and career development here takes place by letting developers pursue creativity in software, and, in my estimation, that is great.

Cons

More common signs of career advancement via promotion and title are harder to achieve here at a relatively "flat" company. If you cannot find satisfaction in practicing your craft, you might be disappointed.

Advice to Management

Be honest about what employees can hope to gain by working at Genesys: it might differ from what other companies offer.

Groundhogs Day Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Pros

The only pro is the paycheck. It has the potential to be great, but still waiting to see it come to fruition.

Cons

No cross-collaboration with departments that need to work together to be successful. Nothing gets accomplished because senior management doesn't know how to get along to focus on the business. Biggest let down is no possibilities to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Get over your feelings! Re-org the company to where it makes sense given the amount of departments that rely on each other to function and be successful. In order to run a successful Cloud company, departments MUST work with each other NOT SILOS!!!! Last but not least, look at the value of your current employees and see if they can be promoted within instead of looking outside of the company first. There are lots of people being looked over because of personal feelings, not if the individual is qualified.

Genesys Response

Aug 27, 2015 – SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for your post and for your honest feedback. Our leadership team has had a series of in person meetings and off-sites over the past few weeks to focus on our 2016 objectives and to ensure we ... More

Good company lack of direction

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Good benefits, promising product and sales pipeline. Has expanded in cloud technology.

Cons

Decisions are made at HQ by upper management but not communicated down the management properly. Cloud division seems to be challenged with growth.

Advice to Management

Focus on cloud business divisions as well. Services team across company needs realignment. Employees need raises and direction about future of company and different business units.

Good place to be in sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It feel like a good time to work at Genesys, exciting product offerings, innovation and growth opportunities, good pay and benefits. Great, dedicated people. Challenging but supportive sales environment.

Cons

We've had some growing pains as the company has committed to growing the cloud business but the ship is righting. Some dead-weight and legacy bureaucracy at corporate office - might need to clean house.

Advice to Management

Keep up and increase the investment in cloud - this is the future and everything depends on it! Commit to staying nimble and responsive in the face of so much growth. Happy, successful customers makes everybody else happy. Keep treating front-line employees well.

Genesys Response

Aug 27, 2015 – SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for your post and for the great feedback. I agree that it is an exciting time to be here. Growing as fast as we have has indeed created some challenges, all of which we are rapidly overcoming ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed