Genesys

Updated December 15, 2014
4.4

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• home offices and satelite offices can seem quite disconnected from head office in Daly City (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with a team that has a passion for the same goals, working with a group of qualified professionals that get things done. Independence, clear goals, excellent employee benefits like tuition reimbursement, 401 and others; but most importantly this is a FUN place to work!

Cons

it is a fast paced environment, but I actually like that, every day has it's challenges and it's good to see what we've achieved.

Continue to invest efforts in bettering the organizations and continue treating your employees as your most valuable asset & competitive advantage:

Great

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

You can improve lots of yourue soft and hard skills.

You can travbel around the world

Cons

No formally contracts.
    No medical insurance.
    Agressive clients,

Nope.

Positive Work Environment, New Technology, "Practical" Location

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Generally filled with sweet, down-to-earth, and relaxed - yet very smart people
    - Interesting new technology; high-tech
    - Truly a global firm
    - Open-door policy with management
    - Managers do not micro manage - you are given much flexibility to finish your tasks at a high caliber
    - Relatively flexible hours
    - Free parking
    - 5 minute walk from BART
    - High potential for the company to go public in the near future

Cons

- Though it is a very "practical" location, there is not much going on with entertainment & food at the Daly City location other than a movie theatre and Subway (but drive 5 minutes and you'll find plenty of restaurants & places to run errands)
    - A few mixed messages from the executive team
    - No communication relayed from the board

- Would like to hear at least some communication from the board & equity firm owners/decision makers. Currently there is none.
    - If salary increase is not an option, then incentivize with larger bonus and stock potential
    - Company provided lunch for employees everyday - your employees will not loose time/efficiency traveling around for a decent lunch and will be in a more collaborative environment with employees and managers. Some of the best business decisions get made over meals. Big players in the tech industry do this already and find the results to be positive and profitable in the long term.
    - Don't just tackle the large and medium end of the market - aim for the small companies/ small customers and develop a plan to be profitable in that segment
    - Market the firm to be better acknowledged in the enterprise space - i.e. be known along the Oracle's and Cisco's of the world. Even though many millions of global consumers have directly or indirectly dealt with Genesys products at some point, few people outside of the tech world even know that Genesys exists, let alone what Genesys is and/or does.

Dec 5, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Of course, I agree with you on the positives! People here really are nice, and although that shouldn't be unusual, it is. On the constructive side, you raise some ... More

Genesys is a GREAT company to work for!!

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation, personal growth, team environment, strong technical team, exciting new products and product improvements. The culture at Genesys is outstanding and very positive. The energy and level of experience surrounding employees makes Genesys a wonderful company to work for. I'm really excited to see what the future holds for all of us!

Cons

I have really enjoyed my time at Genesys and I don't really have any CONS at this point!

You've created a great team of people who all love to take the products to the next level, while ALWAYS keeping the customer in mind. The work-life balance is great, and the entire Genesys team is very supportive and fun to work with. Management has an open door policy and is always looking for feedback both good and bad. The management has been the best I've encountered in my working career.

Dec 8, 2014HR Representative

We agree that working at Genesys is truly great. It’s a combination of employees and customers that drives our success. Thanks again for your positive feedback! We love hearing that our employees ... More

Challenging, rewarding, and limitless potential!

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a fifteen year veteran, I appreciate the challenges of new innovation, new business goals, adapting to competitors and the marketplace, and being able to be part of a team that knows how to rise to the challenges experienced by both our customers and the software industry.

Cons

The grass is not greener on the other side - and cons are hard to find here. This is a company like any other that can and does make mistakes, but we correct them when they happen.

We are on the right track to continue to dominate the market. Keep up the aggressive M&A and do not stop until we have put a few competitors out of their pain.

Dec 8, 2014HR Representative

Thank you for your positive review and dedication! We think the grass is greenest here too. We will continue to both lead the market and be a great place to work.

Genesys is changing

I worked at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Genesys is full of bright, hard working people who are passionate about the products they develop and sell. Genesys pays well. Their software products are some of the best in the business.

Cons

The climate has become increasingly political over the last couple of years - especially in the NA sales organization. It is obvious that the company is being positioned for the short term (to sell it or go IPO) with little regard for the long term success. Customer and partner relationships are suffering heavily. Senior talent is being pushed out in many of the organizations.

Good work/life balance but don't expect much compensation

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company, good people, good work life balance and a strong future.

Cons

Expect to be paid 20% under market value for your work. Raises are often delayed and are always very small even with promotions. If you want to earn what you're worth you need to leave for a few years to get a real salary and then return so that Genesys will match it. (many do this)

2 years is not enough

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Crazy flexible hours, amazing vacation options. Relaxed environment.

Cons

Slow pay raises. Not likely to be promoted. Only way to climb up ladder at company is to leave and come back.

Strong innovation Technology Company!

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Open Vacation and Time Off benefit is a real perk! Genesys has many avenues for growth potential, via webinars and the GenEd program. Virtual opportunities! This company promotes from within and does not hinder creativity!

Cons

There is a lot going on within Genesys with so many changes happening all at once, sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming.

Able to Make A Difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about Genesys is your ability to see your impact on the company. I have never worked with a more open leadership. I can go up to any of our leaders and make a suggestion. What's even crazier is, most of the time they say, "Sounds good, let's give it a shot." I've been able to do some of my best work, because leadership has given me the space to try new things.

Cons

There's a lot of change and some of the more tenured employees don't like it.

Keep up the good work and continue to push the open work space.

Dec 8, 2014HR Representative

Thanks for taking the time to post and for your great feedback. One of our core values is to innovate in all we do and we appreciate you mentioning the receptiveness at all levels to new ideas. As ... More