Genesys Reviews

Reset
4.1
Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • You can enjoy a work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Everyone is willing to help if they have the time (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• Satellite offices can feel a bit disconnected from main Daly City office (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Truly One of the Top 50 Places to Work

Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow employees have such a passion about Genesys and the customer experience space, it is truly inspiring. The work life balance is good. The owners and executive team have the right balance between short-term and long-term objectives. We have made huge investments the last years into everything from R&D to Services to Marketing to Sales. People genuinely care about our customers, our partners, and their fellow employees. Paul Segre is a great CEO.

Cons

A lot of change has occurred the last 3 years and it will continue to occur so if yo du like change, Genesys might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing!

2. Program Manager

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Great people. Great flexibility. Great environment.

Cons

The company is still coming together from recent acquisitions.

3. HR Program

Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Genesys is innovative and open to help with their HR Program! That is why I'm here, to implement the VMS program!

Cons

none so far! Dynamic, diverse and fast paced!

5. Mid size company that is growing

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let's us work from home, great managers, open communication between management and employees, free beverages and fruit in break room. Not a stressful company. Very laid back. Growing company that is secretly take over the telecom world.

Cons

Business processes are not efficient, seems like a lot of processes are held together with loose patches and work arounds. a lot of copy and pasting. Some people have been working here too long and are unwilling to change tor the better.

Advice to Management

We have great office software that is being way under utilized. Make it a goal to spend money on projects to improve these systems. be more aggressive at getting the company over to the cloud. The company will make a lot more money over the long term.

Complex, Expensive and now we add Messy

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genesys is good at selling the F500 crowd on the promise of building a custom application built their prospects requirements.

Cons

Deployments take exceptionally long periods of time and are fraught with delays. Although this is true on both premise and cloud deployments, it is especially true on cloud deployments. The company still has not brought recent acquisitions into the Genesys core. Customers are still receiving solutions from various data centers and various platforms (Echopass, Angel, Utopy, Soundbite). Genesys was always complex and expensive. Now it is messy. Genesys has over 4,500 customers now (with the recent acquisitions) and very few of those are referral customers. Genesys audits their largest customers thus exposing them to competition.

Advice to Management

Work to bring the acquisitions onto one platform. Quit acting like an "IRS Agent" to your largest customers. Remove the barriers to sales, the alcoholic atmosphere and the politics as much as humanly possible. Create the ability to deliver a simple, elegant platform.

Good place, but can be an uneven experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good a selling vision.
    Good a customer communication.
    Internally, can feel both, like a startup, and like and established company.
    Can feel friendly and team oriented.
    Headquarters does attempt to pull in outlying members team building. Both as a company, and as individual groups/LOBs.
    A possibility of flex work time and location depending the the supervisor and job.
    The office offers a decent work environment if you like cubicles and kitchens.
    For the headquarters in Daly City, multi-mode transportation access is about as good as you could ask for in the SF Bay Area.
    401k match
    Pretty good support of internal R&D personnel. At least for projects considered important at the time.
    Despite the large number of eastern bloc people, Genesys is a culture flexible company. Local offices do tend to celebrate and propagate local ideals and holidays around other offices. Visitors to other offices are well supported. Internal transfers to other locations are supported fairly well though not as good as some other companies of the same size.
    There can be some opportunities to learn new and interesting skills on the job if you are willing to work overtime to gain them.
    Depending on your position, you can be afforded a large amount of trust and freedom in accomplishing your job tasks.

Cons

Problems with delivering products on time.
    Problems developing a cohesive cloud platform due to integration and platforming issues with various legacy and acquired products. Problems continue to this day and are the result of a lack of vision, and even a disdain at times in the past, for hosted/cloud platforms until recent times. Similar to other companies with a legacy enterprise install base, it took pain in the Genesys bottom line to accelerate their cloud vision.
    Internally, can feel both, like a startup, and like and established company.
    At time can feel can castle building is the norm.
    Advancement might require a person to quit and reenter the company.
    Internal process management can be very inefficient.
    Problems following up with providing time and expense for training opportunities despite managements' stated goals for individual and team improvement.
    Despite being located at a transportation hub, that hub can be very far way, time wise, from affordable housing. Especially if you are moving to the SF Bay Area.
    Similar to other companies of the same size and financial situation layoffs can be performed with little thought to operational impact. All to often reorg intervals (of which there are many) are used as an excuse to layoff people rather than simply doing so ahead of time based on performance.
    Knowledge transfer during employee/group transitions needs improvement. This problem leads to a regular loss of company efficiency. This is company wide issue from the beginning.

8. VP, Sales

Current Employee - Vice President, Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to make a visible difference - both within the company and with customers. Great access to senior executives. Company embraces new ideas and innovation.

Cons

Is in Daly City, as opposed to San Francisco or Silicon Valley.

9. Respectful Culture

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general, Genesys makes it a point to provide the best working benefits it can. This includes frequent communications from the executives, good benefits, fair salaries, consistent employee review process, etc. As with any company, an employee's experience is largely based on his/her direct manager and team; however, Genesys cultivates a culture of respect. From what I've seen, poor behavior is not tolerated. People are knowledgeable, helpful and driven to succeed. Genesys' solutions are very strong and having worked in tech for a long time, I can tell you it's always great to work for an industry leader.

Cons

Sometimes takes a long time to get things done; too many opinions and committees. That said, every company has its crazy. Just depends on what you want to tolerate.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the hard work and efforts of your employees.

Genesys Response

Jun 1, 2015SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your post, and for your insightful comments. I agree that respect is a major theme in our culture, and is one of the things that makes working here a great experience. To your point on ... More

Great environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As with any job things can get crazy - but the people on my team are great to work with and that helps balance out busier days. I get to work with a lot of smart people and I appreciate that. Stress at work is normally due to passionate responses and people working hard to make things better. We have strong technology, a good outlook, and we are in a place of change getting better all the time.

Cons

It can feel like a startup at times with all that is going on - but that is balanced with a stability no start up can match.

Advice to Management

Stay open to change, continue looking at ways to improve the business, and continue to value and understand that your employees (everyone from finance, to engineers, marketing, sales -- the works) are how we achieve success.

11. Feels like family

I have been working at Genesys (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, good pay, good benefits, fun, team oriented, flexibility of hours.

Cons

Still new, so far no cons

RSS Feed </> Embed