Genesys Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Respectful Culture

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general, Genesys makes it a point to provide the best working benefits it can. This includes frequent communications from the executives, good benefits, fair salaries, consistent employee review process, etc. As with any company, an employee's experience is largely based on his/her direct manager and team; however, Genesys cultivates a culture of respect. From what I've seen, poor behavior is not tolerated. People are knowledgeable, helpful and driven to succeed. Genesys' solutions are very strong and having worked in tech for a long time, I can tell you it's always great to work for an industry leader.

Cons

Sometimes takes a long time to get things done; too many opinions and committees. That said, every company has its crazy. Just depends on what you want to tolerate.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the hard work and efforts of your employees.

Jun 1, 2015 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your post, and for your insightful comments. I agree that respect is a major theme in our culture, and is one of the things that makes working here a great experience. To your point on ... More

Great environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As with any job things can get crazy - but the people on my team are great to work with and that helps balance out busier days. I get to work with a lot of smart people and I appreciate that. Stress at work is normally due to passionate responses and people working hard to make things better. We have strong technology, a good outlook, and we are in a place of change getting better all the time.

Cons

It can feel like a startup at times with all that is going on - but that is balanced with a stability no start up can match.

Advice to Management

Stay open to change, continue looking at ways to improve the business, and continue to value and understand that your employees (everyone from finance, to engineers, marketing, sales -- the works) are how we achieve success.

3. Feels like family

I have been working at Genesys (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, good pay, good benefits, fun, team oriented, flexibility of hours.

Cons

Still new, so far no cons

Genesys is like family

Current Employee - Anonymous in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Nice, friendly, culture. People here are smart and mature and work hard. The company really tries to live by it's values (Innovate in all we do, Create customer success, Have fun, Make it easy). Leadership is surprisingly accessible for such a large company. Genesys is not the girl you date, it's the girl you get married to. People here really care about the company, what they do, and each other.

Cons

Change is a constant in a growing, evolving company and to like working here, you have to be somewhat flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on developing talent - our people are what makes our company strong!

Account Eecutive

Former Employee - Account Executive (SAAS) in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive (SAAS) in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, management, office, personnel, pool table, pay and food

Cons

Too many hoops to jump through o get deals closed

Apr 27, 2015 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your post and positive feedback. We are doing everything we can do make internal processes easier; thanks for the callout on closing deals faster, and we'll continue to look at this ... More

Great company. Very open to new ideas

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has top end customer experience software and is well respected in the CX space. Very assertive about getting the latest product to our customers. Management is very open to listening to ideas that rank and file staff have. The benefits package is very strong. A great mix of accountability without being too overbearing. i would recommend any of my friends to wok here.

Cons

Can feel like being in a silo at times with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay area and our regional office in Chantilly, Virginia. Other than that nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Overall Good Company to work At

Current Employee - Salesforce Consultant in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Consultant in Daly City, CA

Pros

Good work culture Good quality of work and experience Team and Management are professional and co-operative

Cons

Low pay scales, The company could review the market rates and match accordingly

Advice to Management

Consider market rates for salaries

Jun 9, 2015 – SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for posting, and for your feedback. I agree with you that one of the greatest things about Genesys is our professional, cooperative and overall great culture. Regarding pay, we do benchmark ... More

Mediocre

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Flex work environment, Friendly people, Good space

Cons

Highly matrix ed, No transparency, lots of middle managers, DCO office location

Advice to Management

Transparency, less hierarchy, focus on quality,

Lies abound - cloud sucks.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. When you lie to customers, it is desperation.

Cons

Business edition cloud is really hosted dedicated hardware stacks to each customer. Very little cloud here. Echopass employees mostly gone or demoted, they had a real cloud with dual and triple carriers (Genesys will lie and say they could do dual and triple carrier, they signed contracts to do it, then refused to do it). Eight of us on the phone were told by an executive to "unsell the feature, it's too hard and too expensive on Business Edition cloud". Unsell means to lie. That customer who signed a contract is down well under 98 percent total system uptime. Genesys marketed the hell out of AirBnB as their first cloud customer. AirBnB left due to downtime and lack of features on Business Edition Cloud. Other projects take two to three times longer because what Genesys promised, didn't really exist. They can't ipo, sales in cloud and premise aren't good enough. Last I heard, they were trying to sell themselves to Microsoft. It's nothing but a pack of lies. Data center failover takes ten minutes, and you must manually move servers for the system to work.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth. I spoke with the FBI and FTC about lying regarding features, to gain an early foothold in a new market. It was collusive, immoral, and highly illegal. You win business by lying? Nice.

Great place to work for but too many changes too often

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership and communication. Solid company offering which opens the ability to offer solutions and compete with fortune 1000 type of prospects. Solid products and solutions.

Cons

Way too much internal process to get simple things completed especially on the sales / bus dev side of the organization. Worked for companies 3 times the size and it was much more efficient.

Advice to Management

Most of all management opportunities are to promoite within, so there seems to be a very good opportunity for advancement, however it is a "boys club" with very tenured execs, so the frequency is not often, which is a good (stable management) or bad (not much opp to grow based on frequency).

RSS Feed </> Embed