Genesys Reviews

Updated April 29, 2015
252 reviews filtered by

Genesys gets it

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genesys has gone out of their way to build new offices in multiple locations around the world for each of the companies that they've purchased. I know of one instance where they built two new offices for one company, when they could've easily shut down one of them. And these aren't dinky offices either - it's kind of a spare-no-expense, show new employees that this company is run by folks who have spent years in the trenches and are now paying it forward.

Cons

Would be great to see the pace of integration pick up, but also understand that it's about priorities. Keeping customers happy by not upsetting the status quo comes first; and that a lot of integration can, and probably should, happen organically.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example.

2. Great culture!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genesys is a great place to work for self motivated and highly energetic people. People are happy and enthusiastic about the solutions Genesys offers. Genesys is a true customer experience focused organization and cares about their customers. Tom Eggemeier, EVP Global Sales, is an excellent sales leader who is always willing to help in the sales process. He is enthusiastic and leads by example!

Cons

Would like the integration efforts to speed up.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent as the company grows.

Great company for peace of mind

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Genesys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid management, great team work and a growing company. Genesys treats their employees like human beings and not robots. This promotes longevity with employment.

Cons

Would like to see more full time positions vs contract positions.

Jan 9, 2015HR Representative

Thank you for the positive review. It’s true that our employees tend to stick around - which we also think is an indicator we’re doing something right. We think that our “family table” approach is a ... More

The company has a group of very talented people and a great product for Customer Experience.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Office culture is great: no need to work controlled by a time-clock.
    Time off policies are open: you simply need to discuss them with your manager.
    There is a "work hard, play hard" type of culture, so it is a great place to work for self-motivated folks.

Cons

Company was bought by private equity investors and since then tolerance to both employees and customers have changed (reduced).
    Personal growth is limited: you need to build a strong network of internal allies to be able to internally grow in the organization.

Advice to Management

I would recommend be more customer-centric, reaching out to main or top customers.

Jan 20, 2015SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for posting and for your many positive comments. Regarding your comment about our investors, I have worked for companies financed by private equity firms in the past, and I am pleased to ... More

6. marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Genesys is a great place to work

Cons

not a lot to say for cons

Good place to start with career

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Can meet smart colleagues to work with, and learn stuffs that are new and interesting. Can get experience in agile development model, and know a bit on the tech / project we are doing would affect the business and customers

Cons

The cross team communication seems not that much, which may be better if different teams in different location can collaborate better.

Positive Work Environment, New Technology, "Practical" Location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Generally filled with sweet, down-to-earth, and relaxed - yet very smart people
    - Interesting new technology; high-tech
    - Truly a global firm
    - Open-door policy with management
    - Managers do not micro manage - you are given much flexibility to finish your tasks at a high caliber
    - Relatively flexible hours
    - Free parking
    - 5 minute walk from BART
    - High potential for the company to go public in the near future

Cons

- Though it is a very "practical" location, there is not much going on with entertainment & food at the Daly City location other than a movie theatre and Subway (but drive 5 minutes and you'll find plenty of restaurants & places to run errands)
    - A few mixed messages from the executive team
    - No communication relayed from the board

Advice to Management

- Would like to hear at least some communication from the board & equity firm owners/decision makers. Currently there is none.
    - If salary increase is not an option, then incentivize with larger bonus and stock potential
    - Company provided lunch for employees everyday - your employees will not loose time/efficiency traveling around for a decent lunch and will be in a more collaborative environment with employees and managers. Some of the best business decisions get made over meals. Big players in the tech industry do this already and find the results to be positive and profitable in the long term.
    - Don't just tackle the large and medium end of the market - aim for the small companies/ small customers and develop a plan to be profitable in that segment
    - Market the firm to be better acknowledged in the enterprise space - i.e. be known along the Oracle's and Cisco's of the world. Even though many millions of global consumers have directly or indirectly dealt with Genesys products at some point, few people outside of the tech world even know that Genesys exists, let alone what Genesys is and/or does.

Dec 5, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Of course, I agree with you on the positives! People here really are nice, and although that shouldn't be unusual, it is. On the constructive side, you raise some ... More

Worst job experience!

I worked at Genesys

Pros

Up to date work experience, fast pace environment.

Cons

Vacation days are not accrued, so there is nothing to pay if you separated from the company. From the other side, it's really hard to get any vacation approved by a manager. Employees can be terminated with no notice and severance package. Training is hardly provided.

Advice to Management

Team spirit needs to be developed. Engineers shouldn't feel expendable. Benefits should be on market level.

Jan 20, 2015SVP, Human Resources

Most of our employees have very positive experiences here and we wish you could have had the same. We always do our best to treat our people with respect, regardless of the circumstances. If you ... More

Worked as a Contractor for over 2 years

Former Contractor - Solutions Architect in Daly City, CA
    Former Contractor - Solutions Architect in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was at Genesys as a Contractor for over 2 years. I must I personally enjoyed my time there. But what I saw and my discussions with other Engineers there (which my review is based upon) doesn't reflect an overall positive experience.

Pros:
    Product Line: This company has a very good product line that are high in demand. As a result, the company is stable.

Upper management: They make good decisions to keep the company and it's products competitive.

Flexibility: Flexible hours.

Cons

Middle Management:
    The Middle managers here are the kind when they see someone in the hallways, they pretend not to know you or don't want to say even "hello" to you. They beckon to their employees with inverted fingers. They safeguard their own interests and take credit for what their team has done in front of senior Managers. "I did it" is the name of their game. Most of the Managers here have risen to their positions within the company without any training or previous experience and this shows in their conduct of business.

Layoffs - Layoffs are frequent and at times done in a demeaning way to those being laid off. This is to inculcate a fear psychosis in the remaining employees.

Career Growth - One can simply forget about career growth. True there are those who have risen within the company. But they account to less 5% of the total Genesys workforce.

Open Time Off - The company has a OTO policy. This gives employees only the minimum time-off as required by law. If the employee is to take in addition to this, it comes at the discretion of the Manager. And most of the time a request for OTO is a "No" and the reason for that is almost always a team is striving to meet deadlines.

Jan 20, 2015SVP, Human Resources

We are happy to hear your own experience with us was positive, and agree that our products are excellent. While we encourage feedback, we feel it is best given first-hand. Many of your points don’t ... More

Great

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

You can improve lots of yourue soft and hard skills.

You can travbel around the world

Cons

No formally contracts.
    No medical insurance.
    Agressive clients,

Advice to Management

Nope.

Dec 19, 2014HR Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a great Learning and Development department geared toward employee growth and skill improvement. Additionally, Genesys does offer benefits in the US ... More