Genesys

Updated November 21, 2014
4.5

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • That problem was orders of magnitude worse when dealing with supposed peers within Alcatel-Lucent (in 12 reviews)

• home offices and satelite offices can seem quite disconnected from head office in Daly City (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A great environment to work in

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great high tech company growing aggressively and hiring high quality people. Environment is fun and I am fairly compensated for what I do. There is a high quality level of people who work here that are vested in making Genesys successful

Cons

The organization has grown so fast it's difficult for us to keep up with the group with a strong infra structure. Genesys is trying to hire people to create these strategies and I am confident that they will get there.

Genesys Response

Oct 16, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. It's true that we are are growing quickly and that does have it's challenges. We are continuing to evolve our infrastructure to support our growth; we appreciate your ... More

I'm empowered to do the job.

Current Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel empowered to address any obstacle, gap or frustration. I have a voice, I'm heard and respected by my peers and leadership. I always feel that my career can expand and take on new meaning. I also work with super talented and wickedly smart group of folks!!

Cons

We don't have enough hours in the day to do what we do best. Our business evolves quickly and a day is never the same.

Very Positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Your co-workers and the product are phenomenal

Cons

The company is too driven\managed by accounting rules.

Invest more in lowering the TCO of Genesys solutions not just how to get the extra buck out of customers.

Great Company with Passionate Employees

Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global company doing some fantastic work for some of the best companies in the world. Fantastic management team focused on customer success. Incredibly flexible and dynamic company ideal for people who want to make a difference. Company is financially stable and continues to invest for the long term.

Cons

Incredible growth over the past few years with acquisitions and organic growth has created a lot of changes. Transitioning and change is always difficult but Genesys will be better positioned once the tactical portion of the work is complete.

Continue to make our customers successful and continue to be the leader in our industry and hire the best people with this mindset.

Awesome company to work for, Leader in it's space, Opportunities to excel...

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leaders in our industry, Great technology, Awesome people, Progressive HR policies and benefits, Seasoned managment, Virtual workforce culture, Entrepreneurial environment. All the right ingredients for those with the ambition to make a difference and contribute at a high level while being rewarded in the process. Love working and being a contributing team member at Genesys!

Cons

None unless one thinks hard work and being given challenging yet rewarding assignments is a Con...

Keep our Mission and Values in front of everyone - we have the right stuff!

The trajectory of my career improved dramatically by coming to Genesys

Current Employee - CSM
    Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people working in a dynamic environment. This is an up and coming company with a robust suite of services that cover SMB to Enterprise markets. Genesys supplies best of breed solutions for Contact Centers of all sizes. I really enjoy working for this company.

Cons

The cloud division has been grown through acquisition and there has been a transition period converting legacy clients into Genesys clients, but that's to be expected.

So far so good!

Current Employee - Manager in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The People- everyone has a great attitude, terribly driven and creative.
    Industry Leader- I feel a great deal of proud working for a company leading the contact center software industry.
    Forward Thinking- I was recently hired Genesys without experience in the software/tech industry. My experience applies more to L&D and the leadership at Genesys looked past my lack of experience in the industry to take a chance.

Cons

Internal communication between the different groups needs to improve. There is so much going on and the company is gong in so many different directions that is seems everyone is working in their silo and not communicating with the "outside"world. .

Simplify simplify simplify!

Strong Company with Great People

I have been working at Genesys (more than 10 years)

Pros

Genesys has a great working environment - they are employee focused and recognizes hard work. They promote internal training to ensure all employees have the skills needed on all aspects of their jobs. Genesys is heavily involved in the local community and also provide fun activities for all.

Cons

Many changes in the last year which are all positive but with change comes confusion especially with so many remote offices. Moral can be low at times due to internal re-org taking longer than expected but I know that is something that will definitely be fixed in the near future.

Building a better world by unleashing the power of great customer experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I know it's been said before but I'll say it again, Genesys is great to work for because of our Leadership team and the energy they have that filters down to all teams. Everyone works together to get end results.

Cons

With acquisitions comes uncertainty and in my position keeping morale high can be a slight challenge but manageable and results are good in opportunities to improve business.

Positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like working at Genesys because of the people I work with. It is a fun atmosphere. Everyone is committed to delivering a great product and the company vision of the future is growth and success. They promote individual growth and help you to do your best.

Cons

Too many emails that don't need to be sent. When their are meetings or conference calls sometimes the communication isn't the best on how to access or their are issues once you are on.

Offer more opportunities to those already within the company of new positions opening in any of the departments.