Genesys

Updated September 12, 2014
4.1

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Most work is done by email and LAN anyway, so it's no problem to work from home (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The influence of Alcatel-Lucent while I was there was detrimental to the atmosphere of the team (in 11 reviews)

• Genesys is primarily owned by a European private equity firm (Permira), which might concern some but they are quite supportive and growth oriented (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Ineffective acquisition migration

I worked at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company if you're in Genesys proper.

Cons

Genesys hands over existing teams to the acquired company and from my experience doesn't do due diligence on the company it's purchasing. Angel has a dysfunctional management team and needs guidance from Genesys. Customers are not as happy as Angel touts and solutions are suffering.

Bring Genesys management in to acquisitions for smoother transition and for a true sense of product development and customer satisfaction. Don't wait a year before the wheels fall off.

Aug 28, 2014HR Representative

Thank you for your comment. Our thorough cross departmental due diligence and integration efforts are completed by a joint team among both Genesys and the acquired company, so that we collaborate ... More

Nice company, but unorganized for employee growth

Current Employee - Senior Professional Services Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Professional Services Consultant

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly work environment, nice perks like working from home if not traveling and pays for home internet and phone, open time off policy, great colleagues

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by, and when you get a promotion it doesn't mean you'll get a significant pay raise. No set pay ranges for each job title, promotions are often based on who you know or project you worked on and not what you know, when project assignment is out of employee hands. Best way to get a healthy raise is to leave Genesys and come back. No longer provide cost of living raises, despite constant company growth

Promote based off merit and provide salary range information for each job title with more competitive salaries

Sep 2, 2014Sr. Director, Compensation, Benefits & HRIS

Thanks for posting! I agree fully with your comments about the great environment and flexibility at Genesys.

Genesys has a pay for performance culture, with a traditional annual merit cycle. As a
    ... More

Great People, Great Environmnent

Current Employee - Manager, Human Resources  in  Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Human Resources in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Genesys for a little over a year now. The people are really nice! I know that sounds goofy but it's true - it is truly a nice place to work, with a friendly culture and people who care about the company. Experience varies somewhat by department of course, but overall, great company, solid leadership, incredible potential. The company is a leader in their space. It's a point of pride for me to be working for the largest privately held software company in Silicon Valley!

Cons

Company is going through some business model changes (which are the right changes), which creates stress on some individuals and departments due to the rapid pace of change and need for constant innovation. Genesys is primarily owned by a European private equity firm (Permira), which might concern some but they are quite supportive and growth oriented.

Keep up the increasing pace on internal communications with emails, blogs, allhands meetings, webcasts, site visits, etc. It's great and we love hearing from you!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting company with products that can change the B2C relationship for the good.

I worked at Genesys

Pros

Exciting products. Global presence. Very smart engineers. CEO is a very good person, very smart and wants to do the right thing.

Cons

No worklife balance. Constant lay-offs which contribute to the work-life balance issue. HR is very weak.

Need to hire a company to do an employee satisfaction and feedback survey. You have brilliant employees. Their voices have been silenced. Your employees know more how to solve problems and generate growth than anyone else. There are a lot of VPs who don't want to hear anything from their employees which is what has brought this about.

Jul 24, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, both positive and negative. I agree with all of your pros. On the cons, I would say that most teams at Genesys have good work life balance, but ... More

This is the best time to be at Genesys.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong growth potential, private equity owned but the PE owners want growth and aren't trying to squeeze the profit out of the company. Fast-paced, lots of flexibility, everyone contributes. Very collaborative work environment, this is not a top-down leadership company and everyone has the opportunity to grow and expand their horizons.

Cons

Because it is such an exciting place to work with so much going on, it can be difficult to maintain work-life balance, but the company's leadership does encourage work-life balance and also encourages having fun at work.

Good technology and growth through acquisition, but major changes with new leadership via Permira

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great technology, though complicated to implement.

Cons

New leadership team does not have the contact center background. Most of the quality sales reps and key contributors have left the company over the last 2 years.

Aug 1, 2014HR Representative

I spoke with our CFO, James Budge, and he asked me to post this in response: “We hear your concerns about changes in leadership, it’s never easy when things shift rapidly in a short period of time ... More

Great well-meaning people. Cloudy and confused leadership.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family friendly work place. People cared about one another. Not back-stabbing. Several incredibly smart people. Freedom to try new things and think big picture.

Cons

There was little internal communication about the direction of the company. It was very hard to get agreement at an executive level. There was too high a tolerance for sloppy work, especially in execution: Meetings start late, errors in public communication, lack of clear objectives, lack of post-project follow up (was it successful? etc.).

Put the customers first. Not the IPO or Premera.

Jul 25, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write. I agree with your positive comments - Genesys is a very sincere company, with smart people and tons of opportunity. Regarding internal communication, we ... More

Great Cloud company. Dynamic environment, leading technology, good culture, and tremendous growth opportunity!

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leader Cloud provider in its space.
    Leading technology.
    Customer-focused.

Cons

Is the company moving too fast? Need some time to confirm the company can execute on its strategy and integrate all the recent acquisitions successfully.

Genesys is the best place to be right now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leading contact center provider? Delivers great customer experiences from the cloud or data center? It might not tell you a lot about the company, one is for sure Genesys is innovative, exiting, team oriented company. Management sees growth and opportunities in their employees and offers a lot of international work options. Everyone here cares about each other; you will never find so many responsive and helpful coworkers. I highly recommend.

Cons

Once you join the company there is a lot to learn about culture, products, processes, it never stops. Company is moving fast and first months might feel like drinking out of fire hose. Technology changes fast, you need to be able to keep up with that.

Jul 25, 2014HR Representative

Great feedback, and your cons in particular are good to hear. We'll keep working on ways to make the transition to Genesys, and ongoing experience at work, manageable for everyone. Thanks for posting!

Genesys - Great Company and a Great Future

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Genesys is an exciting, innovative place to work with an awesome company culture. Highly recommend!

Cons

Technology changes fast so change is guaranteed.

Worked for Genesys? Contribute to the Community!