Genesys Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated October 13, 2014
4.4

Genesys President and CEO Paul Segre
Paul Segre

Pros
  • Extremely team oriented company; people are open to change; love the work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The influence of Alcatel-Lucent while I was there was detrimental to the atmosphere of the team (in 11 reviews)

• Constant lay-offs which contribute to the work-life balance issue (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent working atmosphere with bright coworkers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time

Pros

Challenging projects with great support from team members. Excellent technical staff open to innovation. A good combination of dynamic work environment and a stable core team with slow turnover.

Cons

Salaries somewhat lower than average in the industry.

Open time off system is open to misinterpretations in both directions - I have heard of cases of employees fearing management and failing to take time off in cases of real need.

Great corporate culture -- one team pulling together toward the corporate goals and innovation.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is very open-door, friendly, casual, and not as level conscious as many hjgh tech companies.
    Excellent top down messaging - you know where top management wants to go and where we stand so far on that journey,
    Virtual office works great and offers some time zone variety for supporting other employees in 80 other countries.

Cons

It's so casual that people often forget to use last names. if you're one of three Beckys, that can result in some email confusion.

Keep it up! Keep innovating the org and portfolio as a way to adjust to customers needs. This focus molds Genesys to continue to be the top market leader in the customer experience sector.

Very Positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time

Pros

Your co-workers and the product are phenomenal

Cons

The company is too driven\managed by accounting rules.

Invest more in lowering the TCO of Genesys solutions not just how to get the extra buck out of customers.

Great Company with Passionate Employees

Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global company doing some fantastic work for some of the best companies in the world. Fantastic management team focused on customer success. Incredibly flexible and dynamic company ideal for people who want to make a difference. Company is financially stable and continues to invest for the long term.

Cons

Incredible growth over the past few years with acquisitions and organic growth has created a lot of changes. Transitioning and change is always difficult but Genesys will be better positioned once the tactical portion of the work is complete.

Continue to make our customers successful and continue to be the leader in our industry and hire the best people with this mindset.

Innovate In All We Do!

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Genesys is Awesome! I’m a part of the HR team, and very excited to work for a genuine, dynamic, and customer-focused organization. Our department doesn’t conduct business in a vacuum, we’re encouraged to be engaged in the business, help each other find solutions to issues that arise, and to take take risks (when appropriate).

Our culture made up of teamwork, collaboration, and fun (Yes, FUN in HR!). Our HR leaders constantly set healthy examples of team collaboration, offer us various training and development opportunities, and make it a point to share critical information that truly grows our careers. Moreover, as Genesys engages the “Social” workforce, we're reminded of our growing efforts to retain and attract fresh, innovative and dynamic talent around the globe!

There are a variety of happy hours, anniversary/birthday celebrations, and office lunches to meet new peers from our office or other global offices. I find these events allow me to break silos and meet/network with new work friends, while bonding over a game life-sized Jenga, pop culture trivia or the all-famous photo booth (with props, of course!).

Cons

Like any innovative company, growing pains occur as a result of building out new internal infrastructures and blending new cultures from our recent acquisitions. That said, Paul (Our CEO) and the ExComm team have gone to great efforts (via company meetings, product workshops, email updates and intranet resources) to keep the company informed and focused on what’s important, and that’s our customers!

Keep the communications coming as milestones are made. Happy Employees = Happy Customers!

Great place to work with many smart and talented people

Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyday I am blown away by my colleagues; they impressively intelligent individuals who really care about software. I was given a tremendous opportunity to be part of the management at Genesys and it has been extremely challenging and rewarding. I have learned a lot. It is a place where top people bring their A+ Game.

And we know how to have fun; play hard and work harder!

Cons

We have a lot of opportunities in front of us; sometimes it is hard focusing on a few and have to change priorities.

Keep the ship sailing in the right direction; never lose who we are and keep it fun!

Associate Solutions Engineer

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As redundant as it sounds, the people are the best. Everyone is willing to help if they have the time. The company also hosts fun activities such as happy hours. Good benefits package, relaxed work environment.

Cons

Genesys is growing, and fast. This sometimes leaves employees left uninformed. Also, the discontinuity with employee resources; it can be hard to find basic information due to there being so many portals. Back to back travel is no fun, as well.

A company with a great future ahead

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Brilliant engineering
    The company has probably the best Contact Center Stack on the market. Virtually the same architecture evolved successfully from "Atari Times" into the WEB APIs world
    - Focus on Mid Market and Cloud!
    Trying to aggressively penetrate the Mid Market and offering cloud solution, that's forcing the company to redesign the interfaces, making the product much easier, ergonomic and "beautiful". A lot of resources are allocated to R&D
    - Start up "feeling" with IPO potential
    The company has now almost 3000 employees. But at the headquarter you will enjoy free sodas, ping pong tables, cozy couches where to play Xbox games. Employees' happy hours and breakfasts in the fancy cafeterias are commons.
    - The owners are not milking the company as a cash cow. All the (lot) money the company is making is re invested in R&D and acquisitions.
    - Vacations days
    The company policy doesn't put a cap on the paid vacation days. Taking a reasonable number of vacation days is reccomended

Cons

- Daly City location
    The company headquarter is located in a quite foggy/unattractive location. But It's well served by Bart
    - Benefits package
    They are ok, but they are becoming sub par when compared with the industry
    - Compensation
    Good salary package, but hey we are in the Silicon Valley, there are companies out there which offer much more money for brilliant engineers.

- Put the right people at the right places
    - Avoid the temptation to structure too much the processes . An example is the vacation policy: it' s awesome but if you add too many exceptions or regulations It sounds fishy
    - Re open an office in the East Bay. Many of the engineers are based in the Walnut Creek area.

Fast growing software company with lots of opportunity

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in its space. Innovative. Fast growing with lots of opportunity. Filled with smart people with can do attitude. Collaborative and international culture. Work with leading companies to transform their customer experience. Rapidly expanding into new markets. Very international with sales in over 80 countries.

Cons

Fast growth & acquisitions (10 in last 2 years) put stresses on people and processes that can be frustrating and strain work life balance.

A great new working experience

I have been working at Genesys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, where people are always willing to help where they can. Solid starting pay with plenty of room for growth both vertically and horizontally. The company feels smaller than it is, I rarely feel like a cog in a corporate gearbox. Good access to higher management. Have learned more in the last few months than I would have though possible.

Cons

Currently in the pilot program for new employee program this is occasionally means that things don't always go smoothly. This is being resolved pretty quickly as the program works out kinks. Sometimes difficult to get consistent responses to questions asked of people about what my future, after the program ends, at the company will look like.