Genetic Alliance

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sharon Terry

Flexible, laid back environment

ProsFlexible, laid back, informal work environment

ConsNot a very professional work environment, employees not extremely productive

Bad Management - Don't Work Here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBecause the office is small, you will get a large amount of responsibility which can be great for someone just out of college

ConsThe management is awful. Employees that are disliked are targeted. Genetic Alliance is trying to do far too much with too few resources. Half the staff are very unhappy and this unhappiness is addressed through "sharing feelings" at staff meetings, where staff are told off if they do not share their feelings. Despite being a nonprofit "based" in science, the employees know little about science and have little desire to learn.

Great opportunity to grow

ProsGreat leadership and friendly staff

ConsSometimes not enough direction from your supervisor

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In sum: Great place to gain experience, caring staff, but senior management a bit impulsive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros-great benefits/work environment (casual dress, pets allowed, gym membership)
    -very lenient work from home policy
    -competitive pay
    -caring staff
    -nurtured professional growth
    -phenomenal location
    -"appreciation" days

Cons-senior management changes their mind a lot on strategic approaches
    -required "focus" readings/meetings
    -9 hour days
    -priorities of senior management outweigh general practice/efficiency when they come into conflict

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally, I believe if there were more established practices and routines, the staff, day to day efficiency, and morale level would improve.

Great place to work

Intern - Genetic Alliance (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Prosunique experience, lots of intellectual freedom, employess at every level truly contribute to the organization and its future, definitely worth it!

Conslow salary, lots of projects - must be a multi-tasker to enjoy working here, no private offices unless you are a VP or higher

Advice to Senior Managementyou provide a phenomenal work environment. schedule could be a little more organized for employess and interns. make intern expectations very clear from the start.

Outstanding

Volunteer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEnvironment and Workload, Staff and Products

ConsFood and Snacks, More Room

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more Refreshments

Worked for Genetic Alliance? Contribute to the Community!