Genova Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dawn Ainger

Generally positive.

ProsSteady work being contracted at other companies.

ConsA little slow on communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to assure that your employees are happy and then they will have more dedication to you.

Worst company to work for poor management , dumb people to work for

Prosnothing pros about it
    I was able to take care of my personal stuff since the entire company was there not to work

ConsEverything is a con, people do not want to work. Management sleeps in the afternoon.

If you work here get a lawyer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsProjects vary in level of interest, some are interesting and some are not.
    Benefits adequate, health and time off.

ConsLegal expenses. For a small business Genova seems to love to threaten or pursue suing past and leaving employees. I heard about this in passing before I worked for them, but did not give it much notice. I have been personally threatened with a letter from their lawyer, they seem to try to take the stance that their employees cannot work within the industry they have already been working in. Off course this should not stand up in any State, but the threat of legal bills for individuals trying to make a living is very intimidating and life impacting. After this happened to me it was not very hard to find a slew of past Genova employees that have gone through the same emotional and financial strife inflicted by Genova management. Many threatened and some entangled in legal battles ($$$).

Genova has now gone as far a trying to make unwitting employees sign an employee agreement that bans them from not only working in the broad Federal health IT industry, but for working for specific companies.

Outlook for the company seems to be stagnant, maybe that is why management is scared, however they seem to have been trying to sue people for many years now. The list of former employees involved in legal battles with Genova seems to go back a number of years. I would create a legal defense fund and employees sued by Genova support group, but I am
    afraid of being sued by Genova.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bully employees that provided services to your company for a pay check and career development. You do not own them or have the right to intimidate them out of your own fears or insecurities about your business.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Genova Technologies, Inc.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Windsor Mill, MD

ProsNo backbiting among personnel. Flexible and fluid work environment. Team spirit exists in the company.

ConsUses bad judgement with personnel decisions. Don't always do what's best for the company based on personal valuations rather than merit. Uneven distribution of opportunity for the staff. Has preference for contractors rather than employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket the company more. Make sure to stay in touch with the tends in information technology.

A company to avoid

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsFairly good hourly rates for contractors.

ConsNo communications, and dishonest managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying.

Lack of Communication - Incompetent / Dishonest Management

Baltimore, MD

ProsI have nothing positive to say.

ConsManagement does not communicate with employees at all. There is a fair amount of improper conduct going on around the office and management is either blind or ignores it.

The office is in a very dangerous area where you need to be escorted to and from your car. Gang fights have been reported on the property as well as one recent car jacking in the parking lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDishonesty in the workplace is not a business builder.

Worked for Genova Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genova Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genova Technologies CEO Dawn Ainger. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Genova Technologies employees.