Genova Technologies

2.3

Dawn Ainger

Excellent Company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Genova Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sr. management and leadership knew my and appreciated my talents and rewarded my efforts. Relatively flat organization so I could get issues to the appropriate level of management quickly. Office culture is typical for a small business and decisions are made pretty quickly.

Cons

None. I will carry the values of Attitude, Aptitude, and Integrity with me for the rest of my life. Perks were good, compensation good.

Continue as you've been doing where you care about the employees, and let them know you care. Reward them for their efforts and forgive them for minor failings. Continue to act as a family.

Worst company to work for poor management , dumb people to work for

I have been working at Genova Technologies (more than an year)

Pros

nothing pros about it
    I was able to take care of my personal stuff since the entire company was there not to work

Cons

Everything is a con, people do not want to work. Management sleeps in the afternoon.

Generally positive.

I have been working at Genova Technologies as a contractor

Pros

Steady work being contracted at other companies.

Cons

A little slow on communication.

Try to assure that your employees are happy and then they will have more dedication to you.

If you work here get a lawyer

I worked at Genova Technologies full-time

Pros

Projects vary in level of interest, some are interesting and some are not.
    Benefits adequate, health and time off.

Cons

Legal expenses. For a small business Genova seems to love to threaten or pursue suing past and leaving employees. I heard about this in passing before I worked for them, but did not give it much notice. I have been personally threatened with a letter from their lawyer, they seem to try to take the stance that their employees cannot work within the industry they have already been working in. Off course this should not stand up in any State, but the threat of legal bills for individuals trying to make a living is very intimidating and life impacting. After this happened to me it was not very hard to find a slew of past Genova employees that have gone through the same emotional and financial strife inflicted by Genova management. Many threatened and some entangled in legal battles ($$$).

Genova has now gone as far a trying to make unwitting employees sign an employee agreement that bans them from not only working in the broad Federal health IT industry, but for working for specific companies.

Outlook for the company seems to be stagnant, maybe that is why management is scared, however they seem to have been trying to sue people for many years now. The list of former employees involved in legal battles with Genova seems to go back a number of years. I would create a legal defense fund and employees sued by Genova support group, but I am
    afraid of being sued by Genova.

Stop bully employees that provided services to your company for a pay check and career development. You do not own them or have the right to intimidate them out of your own fears or insecurities about your business.

Genova Technologies, Inc.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Windsor Mill, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Windsor Mill, MD

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No backbiting among personnel. Flexible and fluid work environment. Team spirit exists in the company.

Cons

Uses bad judgement with personnel decisions. Don't always do what's best for the company based on personal valuations rather than merit. Uneven distribution of opportunity for the staff. Has preference for contractors rather than employees.

Market the company more. Make sure to stay in touch with the tends in information technology.

A company to avoid

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genova Technologies as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Fairly good hourly rates for contractors.

Cons

No communications, and dishonest managers.

Stop lying.

Lack of Communication - Incompetent / Dishonest Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

Management does not communicate with employees at all. There is a fair amount of improper conduct going on around the office and management is either blind or ignores it.

The office is in a very dangerous area where you need to be escorted to and from your car. Gang fights have been reported on the property as well as one recent car jacking in the parking lot.

Dishonesty in the workplace is not a business builder.