Gentex (Michigan)

www.gentex.com

Gentex (Michigan) Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Gentex (Michigan) – Zeeland – “Manufacturing sites”

Gentex (Michigan) – Zeeland – “Manufacturing sites”

Gentex (Michigan) Chairman and CEO Fred T. Bauer

Fred T. Bauer

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful facilities, very talented people, management is very accessible, communication with employees is better than most companies this size

ConsSome of the processes and procedures are unusual for a publicly traded company but come from the company's roots as a family owned company.

Love/Hate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsThe compensation / salary / quarterly profit sharing bonuses / benefits / stock options were excellent.

ConsThe cronyism and clique mentality, physical/weight/gender discrimination

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the gossip-mongers, rumor-mill enthusiasts, and head-game/politics players.

Great amount of respect for employees

Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsThe Gentex culture encourages respect for all employees. Most managers are unpretentious and try their best to be transparent. There is also a lot of opportunity to grow within the company.

ConsThe base salary isn't the highest, but Gentex has a profit sharing program that is extremely fair and can boost your annual income significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with the 4 pillars and Gentex will stay a great place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great working environment!

Production Team Member (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsWonderful temperature control and facility. Great team of workers and our health amd safety are really important to the company!

ConsNone that I can think of. I enjoyed working there!

Getting to know the real Gentex

Manager (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsIf you are an hourly employee the company is good, quarterly profit sharing bonuses and full medical insurance.

ConsCompany boasts they are a family oriented team, this is no longer the case! Been letting long time salary employees go to hire younger, cheaper, and less experienced ones in with the wording of 'Job Elimination' even though it has not been. Gentex started building and expanding way to fast in hopes the child act ruling would move forward on time, this did not happen and is still being postponed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGentex is no longer the 'great' company to work for with employees being respected, acknowledged, and advanced due to hard work, dedication, and knowledge of product. Bring back those days and stop taking advantage of your workers leaving them in fear all the time.

Good company

ProsGreat atmosphere and working environment, and quarterly bonuses are excellent.

ConsCommunication between departments could be better.

Great Atmopshere

Software Developer (Current Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsGreat people, work was a lot of fun.

ConsThe pay was a bit low even with bonuses and stock options.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if someone starts entry level, if they move up after a few years give them a market review of their salary.

Love / Hate Relationship

Lead Engineer (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsUltra clean workplace, on-site fitness facility, profit sharing bonus equal across entire company, stock options.

ConsManagement preaches open communication and that all voices are respected and valued, but the reality is that you are not valued. Recent restructuring has proved that the management does not value loyalty and good workers - it values cheaper workers and people that follow blindly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach.

No Company for Old Men

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsFree pop.
    Company Picnics.
    Nice facility.
    Nice worker bees.

ConsLow pay and your job evaporates if you make a base of $80k and are between 45 - 55.
    Poor upper management, they completely missed the European slow down and the futility of banking on the KTSA.
    Politics, politics, politics. Most managers have their jobs due to exaggerated accomplishments and always saying Yes.
    No future products in the pipeline.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch the managers that rolled in with the fogg as they have turned the company into a fear driven, rump smooching, below average company.

Friendly work environment, great benefits, awesome products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt has a great working environment, all the staff are friendly and willing to help each other.
    Company picnics, stocks, free pop....
    The technology we were working on was competitive and made me excited to be working for the company.
    Great location, best place to raise a family.
    Work encourages good work/life balance.

ConsFlat environment. You've got about three levels to go up (manager, VP, CEO), so you really don't get much benefit until years down the line.
    Automotive industry. Gentex is affected heavily by how other companies are doing in the auto market.

Worked for Gentex (Michigan)? Contribute to the Community!