Gentiva

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gentiva President, CEO, and Director Tony Strange

Tony Strange

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, great local team, decent marketing supplies, sstrong name recognition"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Hospice is a great career for any clinician who enjoys direct patient care"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "We were pay per visit and were told that seeing 6 a day was productive but rarely did you get by with seeing only 6"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Micromanagement by Off-Site Upper Management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

GENTIVA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pto and insurance is ok

Consvery busy job, can be quite demanding

No way to run a company

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGood PTO, flexible scheduling- that's it!!

ConsManagement decisions, communication, recognition of job performance, need to be "friends" with management in order to excel in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff about their concerns. Treat us like you want to be treated. Walk in our shoes for a day. We're out there making a difference. To many write up's for nonsense. Look at the staff that are not providing good care. Poor orientation, lack of leadership. Don't demand us to recert a patient if their goals have been met. It's all about $$$. Compensate us for going above and beyond. Make it known to other employees and cooperate. HR needs to make on site visits to branches and stop redirecting the complaint back to the branch management. Who do we go to with a problem with management bullying staff. Very mean people that only care about themselves. They're all in the wrong profession!!!!

Don't do it

ProsGenerally good pay and benefits

ConsUnethical senior leadership, overwhelming workloads, out of date technology

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider replacing yourself with qualified leaders

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work here if you LIKE being treated like a dog, otherwise RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Pensacola, FL

ProsGood health insurance and PTO.

ConsPoor work/ home life balance.
    Overtime required to complete paperwork and must be done in the office if you want to get paid for it.
    Office is located in a very poor and dangerous area in the city.
    Supervisors prone to be cliquish with some employees and non inclusive to most others, unless you suck up to them.
    Browbeating/backstabbing non-supportive management and untrustworthy coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne hand does not know what the other hand is doing: Get organized!
    Treat your nurses with the respect they deserve.
    Recognize and acknowledge the employees achievements/accomplishments regularly instead of focusing on the negatives all the time.

Hostile

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome good people still remain

ConsHostile work environment is tolerated. Staffing model is all that matters and jobs fluctuate based on current census. Frequent layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own mission statement

Good people on front lines, caring for patients and working in field offices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChance to make a difference for people in your local community who need home health care

ConsLeadership out of touch with the many challenges faced in the field

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to advocate for home health care at Federal level, CMS' year-over-year rate cuts are decimating the home health industry

Home Health LPN

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexible hours. Opportunity to pick up extra patients. Good pay and benefits. Clinical ladder available to move up within your position/make more money. Often hires within for office positions.

ConsNo promise for a full patient load. Schedule changes day to day and usually you don't work only in your area. Paperwork comes home with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRNs need more guidance to handle their case loads more effectively.

Worked with some great people

RN Case Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPatient care, continued education, generous PTO, on call teams for after hours

ConsUnreasonable expectations with paperwork and high acuity caseloads, minimal support for time management with documentation, had to do a lot of paperwork at home on my own time, pay freezes despite excellent performance reviews

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize we are each only one person and can only give so much without wearing down.

Great employer

Records Coordinator II (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsGood benefits, flexibility, friendly coworkers

ConsLack of understanding and involvement with hourly administrative positions

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed More transparency and more corporate involvement on the branch level

Gentiva Hospice does not demonstrate the philosophy of Hospice in its branch operations.

Milwaukee, WI

ProsI had the opportunity work with many compassionate and talented professionals.

ConsDisrespectful, inexperienced and immature leadership team in Milwaukee, WI.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease select leadership team members with hospice experience and especially those who will demonstrate the hospice philosophy in their management style. Willful deception, gossip and reactionary behaviors have no place within Hospice management. Expereinced Hospice professionals will look for other opportunities where they will be treated respectfully, with integrity and where they will be challendged professionally.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All 190 reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.