Gentiva

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gentiva President, CEO, and Director Tony Strange

Tony Strange

Pros
  • Good benefits, great local team, decent marketing supplies, sstrong name recognition(in 11 reviews)

• Hospice is a great career for any clinician who enjoys direct patient care(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We were pay per visit and were told that seeing 6 a day was productive but rarely did you get by with seeing only 6(in 8 reviews)

• Micromanagement by Off-Site Upper Management(in 11 reviews)

Worked with some great people

RN Case Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPatient care, continued education, generous PTO, on call teams for after hours

ConsUnreasonable expectations with paperwork and high acuity caseloads, minimal support for time management with documentation, had to do a lot of paperwork at home on my own time, pay freezes despite excellent performance reviews

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize we are each only one person and can only give so much without wearing down.

Good people on front lines, caring for patients and working in field offices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChance to make a difference for people in your local community who need home health care

ConsLeadership out of touch with the many challenges faced in the field

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to advocate for home health care at Federal level, CMS' year-over-year rate cuts are decimating the home health industry

Great employer

Records Coordinator II (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood benefits, flexibility, friendly coworkers

ConsLack of understanding and involvement with hourly administrative positions

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed More transparency and more corporate involvement on the branch level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not sure about room for advancement.

ProsHelping clients. Locations nationwide. Not much else.

ConsNo formal training. Learn as you go environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your staff.

San Diego branch Director quits, many employees likely to lose all benefits.

ProsBranch Director quits. Last week, clinicians in San Diego were told that they would be moved to per idem without benefits if they did not consistently maintain productivity. We were also told that other Branch Directors in the West region were also baling out.

ConsThe problem for RNs is that we can't always be as productive as we want because the MCPs tell us to hand off patients to LVNs. Also, there are weeks where there are not enough referrals and we are not productive due to this. Most of us are close to meeting the productivity goals. We are good people who do not deserve to be treated this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not want to have my benefits eliminated. Gentiva is making a lot of money now. Is anybody listening?

So many good clinicians have left this branch in the last few months and the director is leaving next week. I am looking for another job too. I would advise people to stay away from this company.

Unethical Reimbursement and Business Practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHard working staff that wanted to do a good job for the company.

ConsYou will be 'let go' for bringing things to their attention that they don't want anyone to know about.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't hide bad business practices forever...the issue caught up with you, didn't it?

Gentiva Hospice does not demonstrate the philosophy of Hospice in its branch operations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsI had the opportunity work with many compassionate and talented professionals.

ConsDisrespectful, inexperienced and immature leadership team in Milwaukee, WI.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease select leadership team members with hospice experience and especially those who will demonstrate the hospice philosophy in their management style. Willful deception, gossip and reactionary behaviors have no place within Hospice management. Expereinced Hospice professionals will look for other opportunities where they will be treated respectfully, with integrity and where they will be challendged professionally.

You can do better

ProsGood pay and benefits.

ConsConstant cuts...the good are leaving, the bad have no where to go...

Awful management

Scheduler (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPaycheck is the only thing that is payed as its supposed to be otherwise nothing good.

ConsManagement is the worse they do not give raises to admin at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Good people with a great mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGentiva is growing. The company holds a lot of opportunity for anyone with a great attitude and strong work ethic. They have offices all over the country so there is opportunity to move anywhere you like to advance your career. The pay and benefits are good and the management cares about the employees. The culture is good and focused on providing caring compassionate care.

ConsThis company expects a lot from its workers. The industry is in a difficult economic environment due to Medicare cost cutting. The company is facing declining income and is in a cost cutting state so pay increases are not as good as I would have hoped.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with your employees in the local offices.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!