Gentiva

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gentiva President, CEO, and Director Tony Strange

Tony Strange

Pros
  • Good benefits, great local team, decent marketing supplies, sstrong name recognition(in 11 reviews)

• Hospice is a great career for any clinician who enjoys direct patient care(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • We were pay per visit and were told that seeing 6 a day was productive but rarely did you get by with seeing only 6(in 8 reviews)

• Micromanagement by Off-Site Upper Management(in 11 reviews)

I worked as a contract employee for 10 months trying to get a full-time position, then the company sold.

Certified Medical Coder/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI was my own supervisor and completed all of my deadlines in a timely fashion.

ConsDespite my raise in reimbursements and auditing for billing I never received a full-time position.

I loved the time I spent working in the office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are overly friendly, welcoming, and positive. The atmosphere was one of kindness and caring.

ConsThe temperature sometimes fluctuated in different parts of the building, and it was very quiet in the office at times.

No one looks out for you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, pay, patients, national medical director

ConsPoor coverage for health insurance. Lies from the top down. Money driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

things are a changing and not for the good

LPTA (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgreat field staff very dedicated to the pts and family

Conshostile working environment, feel no one has your back. was written up for seeing pnt past 6 visit sups. no therapist to perform sup visits. rehab coordinator not stepping up to help cover recerts,13 and 19 visits

Advice to Senior Managementhave your employees backs. it seems to be a money thing pt care is not most important concern

Love home health nursing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLoved being able to connect with clients and actively impact their health status and knowledge.

ConsPoor orientation due to office management changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDid share and there is a nursing preceptor there now. They listened.

Good people wot work with, good middle management, poor upper management bureaucracy

Project Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros- Pay
    - Benefits
    - Good employees and mid management
    - Trying to shift business where profitable

Cons- Poor upper management
    - Poor business process improvement
    - Too much money wasted on unnecessary projects
    - Heavy office politics
    - Upper management do not understand IT Healthcare's now and future
    - Too much bureaucracy at the upper management and c-level

Advice to Senior Management- Invest in effective and efficient IT, business process and keep intelligent, creative employees.

Great why! And, going through growing pains.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe why: "To help others have a better life!" is executed well every day by thousands of caring people and is why I joined Gentiva. They are very growth oriented and are doing what they can to continually improve their processes and offerings. IT infrastructure members are sharp and willing to do anything it takes to get the job done correctly.

ConsLittle to no communication from senior level management so we are unable to properly support the vision and direction of the company. Extremely understaffed in the IT infrastructure support areas. They make financial decisions as if they were still a small company which ends up wasting a lot of money. The politics at the senior level is more about their jobs than executing smart. Decisions and deadlines are set before they figure out the true scope and try to find out what they don't know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to talk with your staff, all the way down to the bottom person, so they understand the vision and direction. Get out of your offices and onto the floors. Press some flesh and interact with someone other than your directors and managers. These two small steps will make you and the company more successful.

Run Do not work here!

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsGreat co wokers in the field! Love the patient care and the schedule flexibility

ConsHorrible management, very dis organized, staff is treated rudely by management. Very poor morale due to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get some management and supervisory staff in here who knows what is going on and how to run a business. You have excellent field staff but you are losing them because of the brutality of management

Going down in flames

Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThere used to be a lot of flexibility with schedules and ability to work from home. It was nice not having someone micromanage your day.

ConsManagement when I left was a joke. There are a lot of people who were promoted mainly due to the mass exodus after the new CIO took over and turned out to be a tyrant. He also brought in some of his own people, a VP to be exact, who was totally clueless in how to run a software development team.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified people

More Cons than Pros!!!!!!!

RN Case Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros5 weeks paid vacation,5 weeks paid vacation,5 weeks paid vacation,5 weeks paid vacation!

ConsLong hours, coverage area to large to provide quality patient care. Always push admits on you even though you have 10 patients scheduled on a daily basis. POOR,POOR,POOR orientation for new employees. No screening of patients prior to taking referral,take the sickest patients,the frequent fliers,the non-compliant patients and the expect RN case managers to keep them from going back into the hospital. They expect you to be about work 24/7. LOTS of after hour documentation without compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on a case load of patients and see what it's like!!

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!