Gentiva

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gentiva President, CEO, and Director Tony Strange

Tony Strange

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, great local team, decent marketing supplies, sstrong name recognition"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Hospice is a great career for any clinician who enjoys direct patient care"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "We were pay per visit and were told that seeing 6 a day was productive but rarely did you get by with seeing only 6"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Micromanagement by Off-Site Upper Management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Staff very supportive.

RN Case Manager (Former Employee)
    Liverpool, NY

ProsManager very understanding and easy to communicate with.

ConsLong hours and repetitive charting.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees and understand the importance of family life.

Worked directly with absolutely Great people but Corporate management seems completely focused on their balance sheet.

RN Case Manager (Former Employee)
    North Atlanta, GA

ProsThe character and compassion of the (disposable) people who you work with. ...... And if you like being used, lied to and then unceremoniously discarded with one day's notice & a two week severance package, Gentiva is a wonderful place.

ConsCorporate Leadership's history (and future) of closing offices and terminating employees because last month's plan is changed to not being in this month's plan. ..... One day you're told that you're doing a great job and the next you're told that you're no longer needed. Gentiva has become a company that makes money off their employee's compassion but has no compassion for it's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're on the path to move from being the "biggest player in the market" to becoming a business school "case study" on how to completely loose sight of what made you successful. .... And changing your name to try to avoid the bad reputation you're building in the market is not "a fix".

No Pay raise in over 2 years, now cutting pay

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsDid have stable staff, but now heavy turn over. No incentives to stay with company

ConsAll management cares about is money, poor communication. HR support is worthless. No response for promised employee referral bonus, no raises and now they are talking about cutting pay so they can buy up more agencies. They should invest in their employees and grow responsibly

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow responsibly, Too top heavy with management and programs that don't work. Administration doesn't listen to clinical needs, they are more focused about rolling out trendy programs that don't work, so marketing has something to talk about.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostile working environment - for me

Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Roseville, CA

ProsAt first, it was great, and I created my own niche as being in charge of the medical records room, as no one else was at the time. I made sure we were in compliance with all laws

ConsThey set me up to not get my work done on time by asking me to do a lot of other things. one gal that had been there a long time apparently felt threatened by me, she was about my age and we had both gained 40 lbs. I lost mine, but she didn't. She told everyone that I was doing illegal drugs - soooo not true.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had an excellent relationship with my boss until after 3 1/2 years, I went on a vacation. When I came back, he had somehow been turned against me and interrogated me for at least an hour about doing drugs. I am a 56-year-old grammy!!!!!

Sales Director

Pros3 weeks Paid Time Off

ConsToo much upper management and lack of quality training. A lot of turnover with sales and clinical staff due to lack of support.

Great growth opportunity;

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for continuing education. Great clinical staff

ConsSometimes required to travel out of normal territory but required to meet productivity requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentive perks to overworked staff to keep up moral

Inconsistent Management

MCP (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, a lot of days PTO, Salary good

ConsThe squeaky wheels get taken care of but those that go over and above to be team players get taken advantage of. Not enough discipline for those who do not do their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency among management team in the office.

Review

Clanton, AL

ProsRapport with patients/families; flexibility of schedule; not stuck in an office all day.

ConsHard to be productive due to number of staff meetings and distractions from chatty coworkers; no private office space for phone calls, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day in the shoes of the clinical staff!!

Good and Bad

ProsLove the people and patients I work with. I have enjoyed every position I have held at the company. Good chance for promotion. Great PTO package.

ConsUncertainty within the company. Some elimination of positions. Poor communication when big changes are made within the company

Very stressful environment with constant staffing changes. Learned a lot about HR administration but too many chiefs.

Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsInformation learned was very valuable for HR career.

ConsToo much turnover and confusion of benefits for staff to administer and understand. Technology vendors hired were not competitive for this department's needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit blaming the contract staff for all of your fulltime employee's past mistakes. 2007-2008 contract employment.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All 190 reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.