Genuardi's Reviews

Updated June 17, 2014
Updated June 17, 2014
3.2

Steve Neibergall

Genuardi's was generally a good place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Genuardi's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the employees and management were generarlly friendly, helpful, and willing to assist in all aspects, whether completing an assignment or answeing questions if I ran into a situation that I may have needed input on aspects of a job that I was to some degree I was not familiar with or needed clarifuication.

Cons

As time progressed, my imediate crew was reduced, and I was expected to complete the same amount of work with a crew of two emoloyees rather than the three or four needed to complete assignmants in a satisfactorary maner. However, managing even on emoloyee, I was able to complete all assignments in a satisfactory manner

Reducing staff to only two employees made if a challange to complete assignments, especially in a perishable food enviormant. Even one extra emoloyee, if working only for a few hours, would immensily help keep the department up tp code while giving customers the attention they deserve

it was fun

I have been working at Genuardi's part-time

Pros

great atmosphere and always busy

Cons

overworked at times but cool

Terrible Treatment of Loyal Employees

I worked at Genuardi's part-time for more than a year

Pros

There wasn't much reason I would say pros for this company. I was lucky enough to be able to work with (mostly) great people who were genuine and helpful.

Cons

If you give an inch, they will take ten miles. They have terrible benefits, ridiculous policies like, monetary rewards for information leading to termination of fellow employees, will only allow already full time employees to apply for open full time positions and blatant favoritism.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They're ok for a highschool job

Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery  in  Wynnewood, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Wynnewood, PA

I worked at Genuardi's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment, my co-workers were nice.

Cons

The management was very overbearing at times, they were really good at making people uncomfortable. also they often scheduled people randomly, like one week you might have 20 hours and another you might have 5. I'm pretty sure how many hours they scheduled you for represented how much they liked you.

Relax, and be reasonable with your scheduling of employee hours

Varied experience overall. Not the worst job.

Former Employee - Food Service Clerk  in  Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Food Service Clerk in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at Genuardi's part-time for more than a year

Pros

I received 2 raises a year with an evaluation. Alot of down time and a fair distribution of duties.
    Interesting variety of Co-workers

Cons

Revolving Managers left me feeling confused and neglected, making it hard to understand the picture with so many different points of view coming in.
    Meager benefits
    Dead-end positions

Refrain from disagreeing with department managers and letting that get in the way of quality of service.

stressful

Former Employee - Cashier, PIC  in  Royersford, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier, PIC in Royersford, PA

I worked at Genuardi's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

became more assertive as time went on

Cons

too much stress and not enough mone

don't humiliate employees in front of customers

Not well-managed and employees are incompetent. Benefits are same as customers

Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery  in  Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Newtown, PA

I worked at Genuardi's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, so it is easy to make your own schedule. They were also good with giving you time off.

Cons

Low pay, distant management, employees incompetent, bad benefits (same as customers). Job was also very boring.

Awesome

Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery  in  Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service Associate (CSA), and Bakery in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Genuardi's

Pros

low-pressure job with good opportunities for advancement, very understanding bosses, one week of paid vacation leave and they hire mentally disabled teens and adults to teach them skill sets and teach them to be more responsible and functional in various settings.

Cons

The pay was not very good and the personability with each customer that had to be displayed was almost laughable in its extent. We would have to say the person's last name to them because we wanted to make it a personal experience for them as they were shopping but most people used other people's phone numbers to key in their discounts so the name would be wrong about 60% of the time.

The leadership was genuine and very heartfelt from the managers. you could tell that they had the employees' best interests in mind and that they cared about how their stores were run very much.

Genuardis

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Medford, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Medford, NJ

I have been working at Genuardi's

Pros

Easy job with some cool co workers. Pretty good pay based on the industry. A lot of hours if you needed them.

Cons

Boring job, a lot of strict rules and guidelines. A lot of angry customers and a lot of drama. I never wanted to go back to work the next day.

fabulous place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Marlton, NJ

I worked at Genuardi's

Pros

Employers are great people and great customers everyday!

Cons

Unfortunately they are open all the time!

none.

Worked for Genuardi's? Contribute to the Community!